Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

NobelCynic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 1:05 pm

There were three threads on this topic about a year ago that were all sabotaged by garbage posts lead by the Strident Atheists; however, since the SA's have been quiet lately, (and seem to have mostly gone away(thank God)), I thought it might be worth trying again; of course, the newer atheists could, and probably will, also sabotage it but it is worth a shot.

Mysticism is all about getting inside yourself and connecting, or uniting, with absolute reality which could be a name for God (if you believe in one) or the universe if you don't. Since autistic people spend a lot (if not most) of their time inside themselves, it seems to me that we would have an advantage.

So, any mystics around these days?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 1:11 pm

If by "Mystics" you mean "Rationalists", then there seem to be many self-proclaimed "Mystics" on WP.

But if by "Mystics" you mean someone who has repeatedly and consistently demonstrated paranormal abilities to anyone other than him- or her-self, then there seems to not be a single one anywhere in existence, and especially not on WP.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 2:30 pm

Don't worry, even if the Strident Atheists are no longer around, I'm sure I can handle it.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 3:44 pm

NobelCynic wrote:
There were three threads on this topic about a year ago that were all sabotaged by garbage posts lead by the Strident Atheists; however, since the SA's have been quiet lately, (and seem to have mostly gone away(thank God)), I thought it might be worth trying again; of course, the newer atheists could, and probably will, also sabotage it but it is worth a shot.

Perhaps AG & Co. simply won the discussion, and thus have a very good reason to be quiet?

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 4:00 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Perhaps AG & Co. simply won the discussion, and thus have a very good reason to be quiet?

They won at least four internets for their efforts and now live in luxurious semi-retirement

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 7:06 pm

NobelCynic may not be a Mystic, but he clearly is a prophet! :wink:

I guess before I could answer your question, I would have to know what you mean by "mystic" exactly. The terminology you use is pretty vague.

However, I certainly spend a lot of time thinking about religion and philosophy, among other things.