Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Rosennoir
Raven
Raven

14 Sep 2010, 3:57 pm

Ever since the era of the Mafia ended, a new cultural force has been pervading the whole of American society. Even more dangerous is its deceptive and elusive penetration of the minds of our nation's youth. As our society has become more tolerant which is both a good thing and a bad thing, we have allowed ourselves to fall prey to those cultures and peoples who do not have our best interest in mind; only their own.

We have given our country, to whores, prostitutes and gangsters who think they know it all- who would dare and would be so arrogant as to subvert the order of our nation for their own miniscule and catastrophic criminal ends. What is also deceptive about this is the fact that the culture, which encourages violence, drugs, criminality and promiscuity, is a creation of the upper-class whose promotion of gangster cultural icons has created a culture whose function is to control the feeble minds who fall prey to it.

High-school students are the most vulnerable prey to this predatory culture. Through his deception, the gangster cleverly uses the elements of peer-pressure and the want typically for social acceptability to infect the minds of those who want these things, and for every mind who is overtaken, in order to fit in, so is overtaken another. Like a disease this culture spreads without those who fall prey to it being any the wiser of, in their acceptance of it, their submission to those who propagated it. They have their little delusions of being "Hot s**t" whiloe they have no idea what the real world is like. Their delusions ultimately bring them to their stupid and ultimately destructive actions in later years.

The dro.pout rate of American schools is higher than ever before. America's moral and cultural center is becoming no more. The family is no longer a thing to be treasured but a hindrance to be discarded. Also pressing is the lack of national culture in our nation. We have many regional cultures which vary from county and state, but we seem to have a very weak sense of nationalism. And yet there's nothing that would make me happier than to see a nation unified; men and women of every ethnicity marching side by side in solemn determination for the future of the United States of America.

The first step to creating national unity is eliminating national division. However it must be done, it must be done.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 4:33 pm

Rosennoir wrote:

The first step to creating national unity is eliminating national division. However it must be done, it must be done.

Eliminating national division. The U.S. has a population of 300,000,000. How do you expect everyone to be the same?

The U.S. is democratically governed (within the structure of a republic). Get used to it.

ruveyn

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 4:40 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Eliminating national division. The U.S. has a population of 300,000,000. How do you expect everyone to be the same?

The U.S. is democratically governed (within the structure of a republic). Get used to it.

ruveyn

Pure epic truth.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 9:23 pm

Honestly, I don't see the purpose behind a lot of what is taught in high school anyway.

Even further, according to these statistics, we don't have a huge dropout problem anyway, but rather the dropout rate is falling, not rising.
http://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=16

Finally, I don't see a quick way to increase national unity.

As for America's cultural center being no more, I don't know what you are talking about. The only thing likely to diminish us would be foreign policy, but otherwise, culturally, we remain very energetic. The same with the "weak nationalism". I mean, yes, it is getting weaker in the US, but that's partially just a cultural shift across nations, as the US still is one of the more nationalistic nations.

Frankly, I think you are overreacting to too much, and that you are likely holding an unrealistic ideal for social unity.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 10:24 pm

Prostitution should be legalized.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Rosennoir
Raven
Raven

14 Sep 2010, 11:38 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Honestly, I don't see the purpose behind a lot of what is taught in high school anyway.

Even further, according to these statistics, we don't have a huge dropout problem anyway, but rather the dropout rate is falling, not rising.

As for America's cultural center being no more, I don't know what you are talking about. The only thing likely to diminish us would be foreign policy, but otherwise, culturally, we remain very energetic. The same with the "weak nationalism". I mean, yes, it is getting weaker in the US, but that's partially just a cultural shift across nations, as the US still is one of the more nationalistic nations.

Frankly, I think you are overreacting to too much, and that you are likely holding an unrealistic ideal for social unity.

Of course it's a trend among many nations. It became a trend when Hitler began conquering nations and exterminating their inhabitants. Should we have lett hat continue, along with the extermination of the Jews because it was a "Trend"? What does the fact that it's a trend mean?

What do you mean that America is still an "Energetic" nation culturally? We have no national culture! THAT'S the problem!

Rosennoir
Raven
Raven

14 Sep 2010, 11:39 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:

Of course it's a trend among many nations. It became a trend when Hitler began conquering nations and exterminating their inhabitants. Should we have lett hat continue, along with the extermination of the Jews because it was a "Trend"? What does the fact that it's a trend mean?

What do you mean that America is still an "Energetic" nation culturally? We have no national culture! THAT'S the problem!

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 3:20 am

I thought the down fall of the culture started with the feminist movement.

Synecdoche
Toucan
Toucan

15 Sep 2010, 8:00 am

Blah blah blah.......the same things were being said during the 20's and in the Bible.

Get used to it, grandma/grandpa.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 12:18 pm

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

15 Sep 2010, 1:56 pm

takemitsu wrote:

Right. It's all the fault of them mannish, bra-burnin' hairy-legged women's libbers!
LMAO :D

In response to the OP...sorry. I care far more about WORLD unity than national unity.
Zeig-heil nationalist fascism causes far more harm than good in the world.

Rosennoir
Raven
Raven

15 Sep 2010, 2:53 pm

Bethie wrote:
takemitsu wrote:

Right. It's all the fault of them mannish, bra-burnin' hairy-legged women's libbers!
LMAO :D

In response to the OP...sorry. I care far more about WORLD unity than national unity.
Zeig-heil nationalist fascism causes far more harm than good in the world.

I'm not talking about Hitler, Fascism or Nazism anywhere in my post. So I'll counter your draconian BS with another draconian BS and we'll see how you respond to it.

THERE WILL NEVER be world peace. But mentally masturbating to how powerful the United Nations is despite the fact that it CANNOT stop North Korea from obtaining nuclear arms, CANNOT stop Iran from doing the same and especially because China buys a lot of Iranian oil, and CANNOT seem to solve economic poverty even though it's been a millenium development goal for quite a while, DEFINITELY says something about what the "World" is heading for. I'd say getting out of the world trade center even when the guard tells you to go back up because it's safe, is DEFINITELY a better option than returning to your office. By that I'm referencing an incident on 9/11 when a guard told people to go back up to their offices because it was safe, and many did. Guess what, many of them died. And using that as an analogy, I'm saying, just because the rest of the world's doing something, doesn't mean we should.

Sieg heil mein fuhrer Bethie! Der Uberwelt isch upon us!

Rosennoir
Raven
Raven

15 Sep 2010, 3:16 pm

And Skafather, for your information, I was a C-Section. Not a vagina baby. Cheers!

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 3:25 pm

Rosennoir wrote:
And Skafather, for your information, I was a C-Section. Not a vagina baby. Cheers!

That's fine. You still won't get everyone to believe what you believe. Ever.

It's why I'd rather b***h about things that are illegal that should be legal rather than the other way around.

"I'll tolerate your hobbies if you'll tolerate mine."

A brilliant motto.

/only exception is HFCS and that's more about the subsidy that creates this under-priced product that pollutes the market in almost every aspect of food and drink

Rosennoir
Raven
Raven

15 Sep 2010, 3:42 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Rosennoir wrote:

That's fine. You still won't get everyone to believe what you believe. Ever.

It's why I'd rather b***h about things that are illegal that should be legal rather than the other way around.

"I'll tolerate your hobbies if you'll tolerate mine."

A brilliant motto.

/only exception is HFCS and that's more about the subsidy that creates this under-priced product that pollutes the market in almost every aspect of food and drink

Certainly not everyone. Not even Jesus could do that good sir!

But luckily it doesn't everyone to run the government.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 4:09 pm

Rosennoir wrote:

Umm..... Rosennoir, in case you don't know, it is usually a bad thing to compare things to Hitler. It just makes you look crazy.

Secondly, the case for nationalism isn't as clear as the case for not killing scores of Jews, just a little FYI.

The fact that it is a trend suggests that comparative analysis doesn't see this problem so clearly. Absolute reference frame-based analysis might, but at the same time, I really don't see your point, Rosennoir. I mean, your first point was about drop-outs. I provided statistics that disagreed. I don't see what justification your point about culture has unless you can show how this is practical, as if your entire point is just a matter of your preferences or your personal aesthetic, then what's the point?

Quote:

There doesn't have to be a national culture for a nation to have energetic culture. Energetic culture is a property of creation of new cultural ideas and expressions. National culture is usually an affirmation of unity.

That being said, there are some details that belong to an American culture, and these can be seen in our politics and economics. Americans are more individualistic, and also more religious, and even have some degree of cultural conservatism. It also is reflected in American ideas and ideals, and just in studies taken of the region.