Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 1:23 am

auntblabby wrote:
yes. the days of the liberal republican went away with DOS.

No, they actually do still exist; John Dennis is running as a Republican challenger to Nancy Pelosi and he's running to her left. Check out his site, his positions are extremely enlightened for any mainstream politician these days, let alone a California Republican.

http://www.johndennis2010.com/

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Oct 2010, 1:31 am

John Dennis is pretty awesome, probably the best candidate running this cycle. It sucks the district he's running in is so hopeless. If San Franciscans actually want anti-war pro-civil liberties representative, it should be no question between him and Pelosi.

He's actually raised a ton of money this quarter and Pelosi has essentially not campaigned at all and refuses to debate so he's been given a free reign. I would not be surprised if he gets over 30%, an amazing accomplishment in a district that is only 9% registered Republicans.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 1:36 am

Dox47 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

No, they actually do still exist; John Dennis is running as a Republican challenger to Nancy Pelosi and he's running to her left. Check out his site, his positions are extremely enlightened for any mainstream politician these days, let alone a California Republican.

will wonders ever cease?
even if he is remotely liberal, his own party will make him walk it back.

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 2:33 am

auntblabby wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

will wonders ever cease?
even if he is remotely liberal, his own party will make him walk it back.

Only in San Francisco. Shoot, I'd register to vote 20 miles southwest of me just to have the pleasure to vote Boxer and Pelosi out.
And Dennis wanted to debate Pelosi - but she went to the Giants game instead! She is a classless wench indeed...

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 2:54 am

Dox47 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I actually think this guy would be good for the Republican party. I was impressed with his interview on TYT. He at least tries to argue his ideas rather than spouting the typical tea-party rhetoric.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2010, 11:52 pm

marshall wrote:
I actually think this guy would be good for the Republican party. I was impressed with his interview on TYT. He at least tries to argue his ideas rather than spouting the typical tea-party rhetoric.

the repubs will soon swat him down like a fly. they are a party known for their internal discipline, in contrast with the dems who remind me of cats resisting herding.