Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 1:18 am

BigK wrote:
Hanotaux wrote:
Quote:
Incorrect. "Racist" is not a label I apply to most conservatives. It is a label I apply to blatant racists. You can be a conservative without being a racist. You can be a racist without being a conservative.

Per your quoted definition, what exactly is 'wrong' with being a racist?

IMO what is wrong with being racist is that it weakens the nation.

It maintains and intensifies division and contention within the nation.

The nation would be stronger if everyone was working together towards common goals rather than contending against each other.

As an example how competitive would an NFL team be if it chose only to employ white players and coaches or only black players or coaches? If they did mix their team how well would they do if the white players preferred to pass to other white players to improve their numbers and so salary.

Would you not take the best available receiver if he was black? When you come to negotiate with the best available white receiver what do you think his salary demands will be like?

Do you see it as "a white receiver can't paid work these days because of all the blacks"?
Do you fear that that would apply to all jobs. I heard that blacks only make up around 13% of the population and I guess most of those would be classified at the poorer end of society. I don't see the middle class being swamped anytime soon.
Is it that the white working class don't think that they could compete if the underclass were more productive?

For all I know you and I might have complimentary skills that would make us a very good team. Maybe good enough that we could both retire wealthy men. To me it seems bizarre that anyone would write off a potential ally solely because of their skin colour.

Would you prefer to have a situation like Northern Ireland or Bosnia or Rwanda? If you perpetuate and accentuate divisions rather than trying to build closer ties things will always turn nasty eventually. The worse the inequality the sooner that will be.

If you declare yourself to be an enemy rather than a potential ally then people will react to you accordingly.

What would your final solution be? Partition? Ethnic cleansing?

Hanotaux wrote:
Do you feel that "racists" should be 'corrected' or 'cured', and how would you go about fixing them?

Is there some special reason why one can not be a "racist" in a contemporary NATO country? Is one not allowed to have such opinions? Why does it so contradict with the desired status quo?

If not, what "corrective action" would you suggest for someone such as myself?

Spend a couple of weeks staying at our house. ;)

It's not practical right now but you never know what the future will bring.

We might all learn something. :D

Nice One BigK, very generous, peace j

What vision is left? And is anyone asking?

Have a great day!

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 1:20 am

So...getting away from the racist garbage for a bit....no one liked my video post? I always thought it was really cool how "The Cable Guy"'s writers were in touch enough with technology and technological development that they could at least take the easy guess on where the communications technology would head in just a decade or so.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 8:29 am

[quote="Macbeth"

I think I'll really miss it when everybody no longer gives a damn what race someone is. It will be so SAD I could f***ing cry. :(

:roll:[/quote]

Fear not. Other reasons will be found to treating disliked group like crap.

ruveyn

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 12:04 am

4 pages, wow.
How would you rather have it, Hanotaux?

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 6:03 am

Macbeth wrote:

I had to double-check that Google hadn't redirected me to Stormfront just then.

I sometimes wonder if this guy is from Stormfront. Then I think, why would Stormfront bother racisting (not a word) up an aspie forum?

Really, why does he think all minorities are into rap music (or related pop cultural stuff)? He said he had ethnic minority friends when he was younger, surely the pop-cultural stuff they were into was fairly diverse. I notice that's the case with most teens, and eventually pop-cultural stuff matters less as everyone gets older. Even if someone is into rap music, it doesn't consume their whole life. Even if someone acts a bit 'ghetto', it's not their whole personality.

I mean, it's probably an aspie thing to take someone's pop-cultural leanings at face-value, and see that as truly them. I did that a lot as a teen. I thought goths were like that 24/7, which is probably what the goths wanted me to think. Then I realised that people are a lot more than the way they walk, or the music they listen to.

That said, some subcultural facades, however much they are just facades, are still annoying. I've always valued authenticity, which is perhaps my weakness. All NTs have a bunch of facades, though, because it's a smart survival mechanism - which I can't and won't do because of my condition. I do understand that people only act 'ghetto' or 'posh', or whatever, for survival in complex social spheres. I don't judge people for it, though it still annoys me.

Hanotaux seems to be taking his annoyance too far. And he's racist.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2010, 9:53 am

"Racisting" should be a word. Lets get the parrot-man to trademark it.

Othila
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Oct 2010, 2:35 am

A tablespoon of Ayn Rand with a heaping pile of Michael Savage anyone?

It's kind of scary but I actually see some truisms on this post of course racism is just a red herring and has nothing to due with conforming and dumbing down people. Sure you can argue that affirmative action and hate crimes are BS if they don't work or you just don't seem morally ok with them. The problem is from a philosophical point of view no one respect's a racist's input on such things because they are bias to their own agenda. And calling out the other side for their own biases just seems kind of illogical not to mention hypocritical to me.

You say that race is arbitrary yet you want to define your world view by an illusion? Genetically speaking humans are the least diverse ape in the jungle. I could tan myself to a different race if I really wanted to but what would be the point?

Anyway the parts that I did identify with your vision for lack of a better word to describe your post are that the teaching methods in the Western world are deplorable. No argument there except in my field of study I had a smattering of conservative/libertarian type profs so it wasn't all liberal roses for me.
You can't blame the schools though considering their main purpose is to conform people to the working world. The working world sucks and the people who manage that world are way stupider than the people who manage the universities. Unfortunately most jobs don't take a lot of brain power but a lot of social power. It is all about pleasing the customer and making the customer like you and trust you. It's a parent child relationship and that is what irks me the most about service sector jobs. I would really like to fund my own research on this so I can point out the similarties to people about how they treat service people is comparable to the Milgram guard/prisoner experiment.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

24 Oct 2010, 12:32 pm

once people stop having visions then i will be happy. :D

Othila
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2010, 1:24 am

that would wipe out a lot of visual thinkers. insanity is just too entertaining.