Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Is the act of offending someone the most reprehensible of all crimes?
Yes 42%  42%  [ 10 ]
No 58%  58%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 24

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 8:57 am

To better enforce inoffensiveness to everyone in general, ought all bullies (bullies being defined as anyone who is offensive to anyone) be summarily executed? Such punishment may sound harsh, not meaning to offend anyone here, but it would reduce the offensiveness of all populations in general. So, execute anyone who offends anyone else? Yay or nay?

Last edited by iamnotaparakeet on 14 Oct 2010, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crimsonfield
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Oct 2010, 9:27 am

Great! Merciless totalitarianism for everyone, just because some people are as*holes.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 9:36 am

Crimsonfield wrote:
Great! Merciless totalitarianism for everyone, just because some people are as*holes.

The last word of your reply offends me. *Bang!*

... You're right though, that is the situation which would arise from such a law.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 9:39 am

Yes!! iamnotaparakeet you're first and then you're squawking talking parakeets. :ninja:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 10:51 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
To better enforce inoffensiveness to everyone in general, ought all bullies (bullies being defined as anyone who is offensive to anyone) be summarily executed? Such punishment may sound harsh, not meaning to offend anyone here, but it would reduce the offensiveness of all populations in general. So, execute anyone who offends anyone else? Yay or nay?

Then you accept that you are committing suicide?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 10:55 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Are you an anti-bully bully?

ruveyn

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 11:39 am

Great way to wipe out the entire human race.

Eventually there would be only one person left. Then, once he/she is dead...

IT'S BEEN NICE KNOWING Y'ALL! :salut:

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 12:30 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Offending someone and bullying them are not the same activity.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 12:35 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:

I suggest you switch to decaf. :roll:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Dr_Horrible
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2010, 12:35 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:

LONG LIVE POL POT.......

Or nay. They had general voting in Democratic Kampuchea about who was going to be executed. The kids where those voting, and they generally voted to execute their own parents.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 12:37 pm

Dr_Horrible wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

LONG LIVE POL POT.......

Or nay. They had general voting in Democratic Kampuchea about who was going to be executed. The kids where those voting, and they generally voted to execute their own parents.

Never trust any nation that feels the need to describe itself as "Democratic" in its own name, as it invariably will not be anything of the sort.

Dr_Horrible
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2010, 12:49 pm

I was ironic.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 1:09 pm

Macbeth wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Offending someone and bullying them are not the same activity.

Too often people cannot tell the difference.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 1:10 pm

John_Browning wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

I suggest you switch to decaf. :roll:

I get a headache if I try decaf. Decaf offends me, so let's kill it.

Dr_Horrible
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2010, 1:25 pm

As said, Pol Pot tried exactly that during the time he raped Cambodia.

It was somewhat successful. He killed 2 million of an 8 million population.

Chevand
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 1:55 pm

Sand already sorta beat me to it, but... if your presence offends me, 'Keet, are you willing to be executed?

A total vacuum of offensiveness is impossible, unless, like everyone else has suggested, you bring about a mass extinction. Someone is always going to be offended by someone else. And who's to say a world entirely sanitized of any sort of offensiveness is a good standard for a concept of utopia anyway? Most, if not all, comedy and humour comes at someone's expense. Would you enjoy living in a world without humour? Some people are offended by certain artwork, music and movies. Are you suggesting we take away artists', musicians', and filmmakers' freedom of expression?

Don't get me wrong-- bullying is a serious problem. Take the suicide of Tyler Clementi at Rutgers as a recent example of what sort of damage bullies can cause. I was bullied myself, throughout my schooling, and I have no love for bullies. But to suggest that no one should ever offend anyone is ungrounded in reality, and to suggest execution for anyone who does offend is completely contradictory to the principles of a free democratic society.