Most Detested Historical/Political movement?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Today, which historical or political movement is most reviled or detested by contemporaries?
Poll ended at 10 Feb 2011, 8:14 am
The Confederate States of America (american slavery) 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
The USSR 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Communist China 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Imperial Japan (WWII empire) 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Western Colonialism (circa Scramble for Africa.) 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Anarchism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Non-German Fascism 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Turkish massacre of the Armenians 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Indian removal 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 6

russell
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Dec 2010, 8:14 am

Today, which historical or political movement is most reviled or detested by contemporaries? (Besides Nazi Germany)

russell
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Dec 2010, 8:17 am

Damn..........

forgot to add 'Islam,'

or "other."

(Its my first poll................. theres a learning curve.)

WorldsEdge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Dec 2010, 8:42 am

I'm not sure whether you mean what others think, or what you think? From your list, I'd probably have to go w/Imperial Japan, based upon fun stuff like the Rape of Nanking and the Bataan Death March. Especially given that the Japanese continue to deny or at least downplay what happened in Nanking to this day. 'Course you can say the same thing about Turkey and what they did to Armenians (and to a lesser extent Greeks.) Especially the denial bit.

However, If I could add my own choice, I'd probably say Cambodia under Pol Pot. Not only were the Khmer Rouge mass murderers, they were insane nutjob mass murderers. As in, having to wear glasses was enough to get you labeled a "counterrevolutionary," and a bullet in the head.

"The man who has fed the chicken every day throughout its life at last wrings its neck instead, showing that more refined views as to the uniformity of nature would have been useful to the chicken." ? Bertrand Russell