Page 21 of 27 [ 418 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 27  Next

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 3:22 pm

LKL wrote:
Again, BS. Most western women (~97%, IIrc) are not virgins when they get married. Your concept of the marriage market is a century or so out of date.

If you recall, Bristol Palin at the Republican National Conference 4 years ago, brought a great deal of shame to her family and to the entire Republican Party, first for engaging in non-marital coitus, second for becoming pregnant as a result of said coitus, third for giving birth to a bastard son, fourth for not marrying the brat's father.

She hasn't found a good husband yet, and probably won't.

The brat's father, now, is off fornicating other girls, and has nothing to do with either Miss Palin or his son.

So, of course, non-marital coitus brings much more risk for a girl than a boy.

On top of that, girls have to deal with messy vaginas post coitus.

25 Oct 2012, 3:32 pm

Oodain wrote:
i am not arguing that there isnt a value, what i am saying is that that value is subjective,
it is also by that logic technically true that a lost virginty would devalue a person, but you can say the same about anything since you probably could find someone somewhere who holds that view, in essence a mute point.

the correct way would have been to say that "to me virginty matters when looking for someone to marry"
in denmark many would say the exact opposite, it is considered healthy to have aliberal attitude towards sex.
im not saying it is better in any way, only different, the values are subjective.

@arrantpariah

what i meant is that if it really is a huge detractor for someone to have had sex before marriage then i would say the system, be it socially enforced or an actual institution like marriage, is at fault, no reason to create guilt where none is needed and i cant for the life of me see why a healthy sex life is something to be shunned.

i also think that such attitudes can cause tangible psychological harm if carried to the extreme, this is less of a point since most things in the extreme will be damaging, but this one actually happens quite a lot in specific circles.

You've got it wrong, Oodain. The only people who value virginity are extremely old fashioned fundies(who usually marry young). And funny enough even they don't always stick to what they've been taught!

Most women in particular who do not marry young, OR who marry young, get divorced, and then want to remarry say in their late 20s or 30s tend to view men beyond their teens who are virgins as highly undesirable. In fact, many unmarried young women are often attracted to men who aren't single(have girlfriends or even married men) because that's how they can be *sure* that he is not a virgin. If you're a virgin beyond the age say, 25, and aren't religious people will assume that there's something about you that is unattractive.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 4:07 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Why wait till marriage to have sex in the first place? Its best to test the water before jumping in am I right?

And get your noodle wet?
And get the bowl full of noodles one cannot enjoy good ramine without noodles!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 4:58 pm

LKL wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
LKL wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
It is quite silly, and a waste of resources, to prosecute people for "crimes" where no-one and nothing is damaged. In fact, the result of the "crime" was quite the contrary. The boy was much satisfied with his orgasm.

This is BS. Underage women sometimes agree to participate in sexual relationships with adult men; if she's 14 and he's 25, it's still statutory rape whether she has an orgasm or not. The entire point is that an adult has so much more experience than a child and can be coercive without the child even realizing it.

Well, of course, a girl whose hymen is ruptured or who becomes pregnant loses value on the marriage market.

But, a 16 year old boy, with a hot high school teacher, is nothing but huge bragging rights as far as the boy is concerned.

Again, BS. Most western women (~97%, IIrc) are not virgins when they get married. Your concept of the marriage market is a century or so out of date.

Also it has been documented that boys suffer psychological damage from sexual abuse as well, just they are less apt to report it because people expect them to "enjoy it," when the abuser is a woman.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 6:54 pm

Inuyasha wrote:

Also it has been documented that boys suffer psychological damage from sexual abuse as well, just they are less apt to report it because people expect them to "enjoy it," when the abuser is a woman.

Sexual abuse is one thing. Boning a hot young high school teacher is something else.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 10:13 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Sexual abuse is one thing. Boning a hot young high school teacher is something else.
Stacys mom has got it going on.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2012, 10:18 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I actually 100% agree with Inuyasha here.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 12:33 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
LKL wrote:

If you recall, Bristol Palin at the Republican National Conference 4 years ago, brought a great deal of shame to her family and to the entire Republican Party, first for engaging in non-marital coitus, second for becoming pregnant as a result of said coitus, third for giving birth to a bastard son, fourth for not marrying the brat's father.

On the contrary: she brought shame and mockery to her family and her party for providing an example of how preaching abstinence until marriage does not work, not for having had sex before marriage.

Quote:
So, of course, non-marital coitus brings much more risk for a girl than a boy.

You're being deliberately obtuse. First, do not doubt that the kid's father is paying every last cent that he owes to the younger Miss Palin for child support; second, Miss Palin CHOSE to have that kid. She could have used birth control, and chose not to; she could have used morning-after birth control, and chose not to; she could have chosen to get an early medical abortion with RU-486, and chose not to; she could have chosen to get a surgical abortion, and chose not to. 'Having unprotected sex' was only the first of many choices that she made which led to that kid being born.

Quote:

Ever heard of this technology - it's not even new- called 'using a condom'?

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 12:39 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I actually 100% agree with Inuyasha here.

Ditto. Women can be taken advantage of because their body can be used sexually without their consent; men often can be sexually taken advantage of in the same way, with their bodies responding positively to stimuli regardless of what their conscious brain wants. It could be confusing and damaging to a boy because of the conflicting signals he'd be getting from his body and his brain.

27 Oct 2012, 12:40 am

Inuyasha wrote:
LKL wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
LKL wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
It is quite silly, and a waste of resources, to prosecute people for "crimes" where no-one and nothing is damaged. In fact, the result of the "crime" was quite the contrary. The boy was much satisfied with his orgasm.

This is BS. Underage women sometimes agree to participate in sexual relationships with adult men; if she's 14 and he's 25, it's still statutory rape whether she has an orgasm or not. The entire point is that an adult has so much more experience than a child and can be coercive without the child even realizing it.
http://www.wrongplanet.net/mods/bbcode_box/images/bold1.gif

Well, of course, a girl whose hymen is ruptured or who becomes pregnant loses value on the marriage market.

But, a 16 year old boy, with a hot high school teacher, is nothing but huge bragging rights as far as the boy is concerned.

What documentation do you have? If you are talking about childhood sexual abuse then absolutely. But I'm cynical about boys suffering "psychological damage" from statutory rape.

And LKL, you really don't get it do you?

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 12:51 am

AspieRogue wrote:

Right back atcha, Aspie Rogue: whenever someone says that in an argument, the translation is, 'you really won't agree with me that you're wrong, will you?!'
You seem to really not get that men don't somehow win points, and women lose them, when they have sex, or that not all sex is the same; you don't get that sex isn't always good for boys or men, and it isn't always bad for girls or women.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 4:51 am

AspieRogue wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

What documentation do you have? If you are talking about childhood sexual abuse then absolutely. But I'm cynical about boys suffering "psychological damage" from statutory rape.

The previously mentioned Rind et. al. meta-review actually reaches the conclusion that the psychological impact of child sexual abuse is much lower for men than for women.
http://digilib.bc.edu/reserves/sc563/mcgu/sc56310.pdf

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 8:49 am

GGPViper wrote:
The previously mentioned Rind et. al. meta-review actually reaches the conclusion that the psychological impact of child sexual abuse is much lower for men than for women.
http://digilib.bc.edu/reserves/sc563/mcgu/sc56310.pdf

I find it humourous the way that psychologists use the term "lay persons" to mean people who are not licensed psychologists (as Rind et al. do in their abstract). As if licensed psychologists make up a "clergy", and everyone else is "laity."

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 9:14 am

LKL wrote:
On the contrary: she brought shame and mockery to her family and her party for providing an example of how preaching abstinence until marriage does not work, not for having had sex before marriage.

That, too.

LKL wrote:
You're being deliberately obtuse. First, do not doubt that the kid's father is paying every last cent that he owes to the younger Miss Palin for child support;

Nope
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... alin-tripp

LKL wrote:
second, Miss Palin CHOSE to have that kid. She could have used birth control, and chose not to; she could have used morning-after birth control, and chose not to; she could have chosen to get an early medical abortion with RU-486, and chose not to; she could have chosen to get a surgical abortion, and chose not to. 'Having unprotected sex' was only the first of many choices that she made which led to that kid being born.

Yep.

LKL wrote:
Quote:

Ever heard of this technology - it's not even new- called 'using a condom'?

Yes, I've heard of these contraptions. Even so, the vagina is likely to become moist, and to remain moist for some time post coitus.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 11:08 am

Quote:
She hasn't found a good husband yet, and probably won't.

Would you want Sarah Palin as a mother-in-law? 8O

27 Oct 2012, 1:10 pm

LKL wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:

Right back atcha, Aspie Rogue: whenever someone says that in an argument, the translation is, 'you really won't agree with me that you're wrong, will you?!'
You seem to really not get that men don't somehow win points, and women lose them, when they have sex, or that not all sex is the same; you don't get that sex isn't always good for boys or men, and it isn't always bad for girls or women.

I'm actually referring to what I said in that PM I sent you. That my frequent references to prison raep have nothing to do with any sexual fantasies. You should know as a feminist that that sort of rape is exclusively about power: Men in the slammer use rape as tool for dominating and humiliating other inmates.