Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 9:33 pm

I don’t understand why same-sex marriage is such a serious issue. Two gay guys can do each other even if they aren’t married. Don’t we have bigger issues to worry about?

Whether you are for or against same-sex marriage (I don’t care about it either way) I have to admit that I believe that homosexuality is perfectly natural and inherently funny.

I believe homosexuality is perfectly natural because even animals do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals

Also, homosexuality is inherently funny.

See? It’s funny!

Lighten up people! Homosexuality isn’t “Unnatural” or “a sin against God” It’s funny! Enjoy homosexuality and how funny it is!

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2011, 11:31 pm

i'll buy that for a dollar 8)

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 2:24 am

All sexuality is inherently funny when you really think about it. But anyway, I agree that there is nothing wrong with it, and I think people who have a problem with gay marriage are insecure, superstitious, incapable of minding their own business, and dumb as s**t, to be quite blunt. If something harms no one, it's not unethical.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 6:10 am

I don't see too many practical benefits either. Maybe for health insurance, life insurance, medical decisions and stuff like that? But I'm sure lots of people would very much like to get married because marriage is considered a stable union. It's an emotional security thing and possibly considered very romantic.

Kiran
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jan 2011, 6:38 am

Those who oppose gay marriage usually do so because of their religion. But if your religion says that God does not approve of gay marriage and that God is the one who created marriage, then it means that when two people of the same sex get married then it is only on papper and the one who created marriage (God) does not consider them to be married. Therefore gay marriage does not exist, only on papper. So, you don't have anything to get upset about. Everybody's happy :D

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 7:04 am

Kiran wrote:
... Therefore gay marriage does not exist, only on paper ...

I suspect few people will take the time to think this through, but that is actually true. A scriptural union does not even need any paper from the State, and a paper from the State does not establish a scriptural union.

Technikilor
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jan 2011, 7:42 am

I think the main reason why people oppose it isn't because they don't think gays don't deserve happiness, nor is it because they're closeted, jealous or confused about homosexuality, but because they believe in family values and that children need to be brought up with both female and male role-models otherwise it could affect their development, and this ties into the whole sanctity of marriage thing.

I personally don't really see the point of marriage in general anyway.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 10:28 am

Technikilor wrote:
I personally don't really see the point of marriage in general anyway.

I think you have already described it well:
Technikilor wrote:
... family values and that children need to be brought up with both female and male role-models otherwise it could affect their development ...

... and the very future of all humanity. However, an occasional "marriage" that is not traditional is certainly not going to destroy us all.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 10:26 pm

marriage doesn't have to be about children.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 11:45 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
I don’t understand why same-sex marriage is such a serious issue. Two gay guys can do each other even if they aren’t married. Don’t we have bigger issues to worry about?

Whether you are for or against same-sex marriage (I don’t care about it either way) I have to admit that I believe that homosexuality is perfectly natural and inherently funny.

I believe homosexuality is perfectly natural because even animals do it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals

Also, homosexuality is inherently funny.

See? It’s funny!

Lighten up people! Homosexuality isn’t “Unnatural” or “a sin against God” It’s funny! Enjoy homosexuality and how funny it is!

Loving marriage topic

In Canada legal marriage is a choice for two consenting human adults, whether civil or religious. I prefer common law myself, now that the legal loopholes regarding property and health benefits have been closed. And that is the crux: There is a choice available for straights, lesbians, and gays.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo