And you thought kxmode and pgd were a bit much?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 7:53 pm

My wife somehow ran across this.

Get ready, everybody.

And appreciate the Chritians we have here.

http://www.familyradio.com/index2.html

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 8:11 pm

Philologos wrote:
My wife somehow ran across this.

Get ready, everybody.

And appreciate the Chritians we have here.

http://www.familyradio.com/index2.html

i checked out the site and thats some pretty funny s**t, its amazing people actually by into this s**t and believe it or not just a few years ago i was one of them preparing for the rapture praying to God to leave me behind so i can help "Save" people now that i look back i realize how BLIND i was to think that

this is one of my BIG problems with religion it brainwashes people, as this site blatantly shows, to think the most IRRATIONAL stuff

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 8:12 pm

Oh boy
Though Christian apocalyptism has been happening since at least 999 with the wonderful Pope Sylvestre II (better known as Gerbert), I feel that a lot of the modern version has a lot to do with that awful book series 'Left Behind' that so many hard-core types have wood for

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 8:17 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Oh boy
Though Christian apocalyptism has been happening since at least 999 with the wonderful Pope Sylvestre II (better known as Gerbert), I feel that a lot of the modern version has a lot to do with that awful book series 'Left Behind' that so many hard-core types have wood for

hey hey hey dont bash the Left Behind series! i may be atheist but that was one of my favorite series before and after my atheism

it really is a great series even today i love it very much i may not believe it but hey Harry Potter is one of my favorite series and i dont believe that wizards exist the Left Behind series is a fiction series based on a fiction book(the bible) that many wrongly view as the "truth"

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 8:23 pm

TheKing wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Oh boy

hey hey hey dont bash the Left Behind series! i may be atheist but that was one of my favorite series before and after my atheism

it really is a great series even today i love it very much i may not believe it but hey Harry Potter is one of my favorite series and i dont believe that wizards exist the Left Behind series is a fiction series based on a fiction book(the bible) that many wrongly view as the "truth"

lol no offense intended
Just think about it though: obviously works of fiction are going to influence Christians :wink:

patiz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Mar 2011, 8:23 pm

Hey it comes with a guarantee, you can take it back if it doesn't happen!

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 8:24 pm

Vigilans wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Oh boy

lol no offense intended
Just think about it though: obviously works of fiction are going to influence Christians :wink:

as far as im concerned they base their entire belief system on a work of fiction i call it the greatest lie ever told in human history which isnt far from the truth

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 8:26 pm

TheKing wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Oh boy

lol no offense intended

as far as im concerned they base their entire belief system on a work of fiction i call it the greatest lie ever told in human history which isnt far from the truth

That is what I was inferring when I said works of fiction influence them lol

I notice though that since LB came out there has been a noticeably more vocal group of Rapture Ready active on the internet. I've been using the net since the early 90s so I have noticed many of the trends that come and go

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 8:27 pm

patiz wrote:
Hey it comes with a guarantee, you can take it back if it doesn't happen!

http://www.familyradio.com/PDFS/gaypride.html

apparently homosexuals wanting to be recognized as not necessarily a bad thing is IRREFUTABLE PROOF the world is ending soon
who woulda guessed?

personally i have no problem with homosexuals of any gender, course i prefer the female homosexuals lol, some of my friends are homosexual and they really cool i see no reason why being diverse is a bad thing TBH

i have always considered it to be a genetic thing gay people in my mind are born gay just like autistic people are born autistic its just in the way their brain was wired in the womb its not a bad thing

though me personally? im straight

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 8:30 pm

Vigilans wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Oh boy

lol no offense intended

That is what I was inferring when I said works of fiction influence them lol

I notice though that since LB came out there has been a noticeably more vocal group of Rapture Ready active on the internet. I've been using the net since the early 90s so I have noticed many of the trends that come and go

OMG!! !! !! !!Oscar Mike Golf!! !! !! !! ! the internet was around in the 90s? wow! its OLD!! !! ! LOL jkjk
yes i know LB series is wat got me into the rapture ready movement because i USED to be a bible literalist who literally took it as the ABSOLUTE TRUTH AND GOD"S WORD AND WILL but now im older and wiser and i realize how blind i was

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 8:39 pm

Quote:
OMG!! !! !! !!Oscar Mike Golf!! !! !! !! ! the internet was around in the 90s? wow! its OLD!! !! ! LOL jkjk
yes i know LB series is wat got me into the rapture ready movement because i USED to be a bible literalist who literally took it as the ABSOLUTE TRUTH AND GOD"S WORD AND WILL but now im older and wiser and i realize how blind i was

lol
MOAR INTERNETS P33Ple NOW THEN BACK THEN WE EVEN HAZ PICTURZ ON TEH WEBZ!! !! !!11one

I remember around 2000-2001 back when I had a subscription to Time Magazine, one issue was all about LB and the rapture ready movement. It was on the cover, even. I bet I could probably write a book with equal impact :lol: . Perhaps I should. An Atheist writes a book that creates a sociological cult movement amongst fundamentalist Christians. I like it already

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 8:46 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Quote:

lol
MOAR INTERNETS P33Ple NOW THEN BACK THEN WE EVEN HAZ PICTURZ ON TEH WEBZ!! !! !!11one

I remember around 2000-2001 back when I had a subscription to Time Magazine, one issue was all about LB and the rapture ready movement. It was on the cover, even. I bet I could probably write a book with equal impact :lol: . Perhaps I should. An Atheist writes a book that creates a sociological cult movement amongst fundamentalist Christians. I like it already

it would be a HUGE hit on teh interwebs lol

you should that would probably work most fundies that gullible anyway lol

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 9:53 pm

I looked at ONE of their blurbs. Irrefutable calculations of how many years and days.

Funny thing - SO careful. They totally ignored the break back in the 18th century with the switch from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_calendar ), so their numbers are off by - what, 11, 12 days by now?

Given that, do I believe the have the date for the Passover right?

This is the sort of thing makes non-lunatic fringe Christians cringe and cry How long, Lord?

But - what if they are right? well even a broken clock is right once every two millennia.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 10:09 pm

Has anyone ever read Joe Bageant's take on the whole subject? Funny scary stuff.
http://www.joebageant.com/joe/2005/12/w ... eft_b.html

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 10:19 pm

Aimless wrote:
Has anyone ever read Joe Bageant's take on the whole subject? Funny scary stuff.
http://www.joebageant.com/joe/2005/12/w ... eft_b.html

lol you know he pretty well sums up a lot of my views on Left Behind
I don't believe its a threat in the moral panic sense that many Christians view Harry Potter, but it says a lot about Fundies if they hope we all die like this crappy book series

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 10:24 pm

Rambo Jesus heh