Page 4 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2011, 8:16 pm

No, I mean this post, where I quoted you and commented on Obama's and Biden's previous stance.

Orwell wrote:
@Ickorack: his attribution of jingoism to the right wing is accurate.

Inuyasha wrote:
The really funny thing is that Biden and Obama should expect to get impeached based on their own words. :lol:

Yep. And a couple of Democrats have followed through to attempt to bring impeachment against Obama. Would any Republican (aside from Ron Paul) act against their Dear Leader when he did something illegal?

(Bolding is new)

Why do you persist in your bizarre delusion that I support Obama? I've stated on more than enough occasions that I don't.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 1:34 am

Orwell wrote:
No, I mean this post, where I quoted you and commented on Obama's and Biden's previous stance.
Orwell wrote:

Inuyasha wrote:
The really funny thing is that Biden and Obama should expect to get impeached based on their own words. :lol:

Yep. And a couple of Democrats have followed through to attempt to bring impeachment against Obama. Would any Republican (aside from Ron Paul) act against their Dear Leader when he did something illegal?

(Bolding is new)

Why do you persist in your bizarre delusion that I support Obama? I've stated on more than enough occasions that I don't.

Actually Orwell, at this point for all you claim you don't support Obama, I can probably predict you will either vote for Obama in 2012, or someone even further to the radical left than Obama. Also my prediction would probably be accurate.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 1:48 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Orwell wrote:

Inuyasha wrote:

(Bolding is new)

Actually Orwell, at this point for all you claim you don't support Obama, I can probably predict you will either vote for Obama in 2012, or someone even further to the radical left than Obama. Also my prediction would probably be accurate.

Your prediction is wrong, and Obama is not part of the "radical left." Based on the policies he has actually implemented, he isn't even part of the center left. At all. He has been a consistently right-wing President.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 1:54 am

Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Orwell wrote:

Inuyasha wrote:

(Bolding is new)

Your prediction is wrong, and Obama is not part of the "radical left." Based on the policies he has actually implemented, he isn't even part of the center left. At all. He has been a consistently right-wing President.

Orwell, wherever you get your news from is full of it. He is far left, all his policies have been far left or an attempt to destroy this country.

Examples:
Obamacare
The US is evil
US won't take lead
Spendulous
Take over Auto Industry
Take over banks
Take over student loans
Take over business "that look like they are failing"
Take over healthcare industry
etc.

These aren't right wing policies, and if you honestly believe that he is governing from the right, I have some land on Neptune to sell you.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 2:17 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell, wherever you get your news from is full of it. He is far left, all his policies have been far left or an attempt to destroy this country.

I won't speculate as to Obama's motives for his policies (I find the rhetoric from both sides about their opponents "trying to destroy the country" tiresome) but he certainly has not been far left.

Quote:
Examples:
Obamacare

Mostly identical to Romneycare, except that it was stricter in anti-abortion measures. This bill was farther to the left than the policies that the overwhelming majority of the country actually wanted if you look at the polling. (The bill itself polled somewhat badly, but there's no good way of separating the reasons for this- some thought it went too far, some thought it didn't go far enough, and a hell of a lot of people like you were just grossly misinformed about what it was)

Quote:
The US is evil

That's not a policy, and Obama hasn't said that. That's just your paranoid delusional nonsense.

Quote:
US won't take lead

Obama's foreign policy in practice has been identical to Bush's, or else even more neoconservative.

Quote:
Spendulous

That's not a word.

Quote:
Take over Auto Industry

The arrangements for the auto bailout were made during the Bush administration.

Quote:
Take over banks

Again, just a continuation of Bush.

Quote:
Take over student loans

Um... actually, that was just "stop a money laundering scam." The federal government was already funding those loans; now the money goes directly to students rather than being handed over to predatory lenders.

Quote:
Take over business "that look like they are failing"

Aside from GM and some banks, which I already addressed, what the hell are you talking about?

Quote:
Take over healthcare industry

That simply hasn't happened. He hasn't even taken over the health insurance industry.

Quote:
etc.

You haven't given a single example of left-wing policy that actually stands up to scrutiny. Maybe the student loan thing, but that's a basic common-sense thing that eliminates government waste by cutting out the middleman.

Quote:
These aren't right wing policies, and if you honestly believe that he is governing from the right, I have some land on Neptune to sell you.

You want some examples of right wing polices?
PPACA (despite what you say, it was almost exactly the 1994 Republican proposal, and contained tons of concessions to the right)
Continuing war in Iraq under the exact same terms as Bush arranged
Escalate the war in Afghanistan
Kept a number of Bush's high-level officials
Authorized offshore oil drilling after promising not to
Treatment of whistleblowers
Failure to close Guantanamo
Tax policy- continuation of the Bush tax cuts when something like 80% of the country did not want all of them renewed, and even McCain would probably have struck a farther-left deal than Obama did
Appoint a budget committee that recommended slashing Social Security
Hand more money to the defense contractors
Dramatically expanded aid to Israel
Continuation and expansion of the civil rights abuses from the Bush administration, including a recent (and probably unconstitutional) executive order suspending the requirement to issue Miranda warnings in certain situations.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 9:55 am

Quote:
"that look like they are failing"
Please example of a business that was taken and just looked to be failing but actually wasn't.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 10:07 am

NeantHumain wrote:
Is Barack Obama a neoconservative?

No, he just doesn't have a clue what the heck he's doing, which is self evident in his economic policies which are not policies supported by neoconservatives whatsoever.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 10:08 am

...even though neocons started them.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 12:12 pm

@ Orwell

For starters, Gitmo hasn't been closed because congress defunded any attempt to transfer the detainees stateside.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 4:33 pm

So Obama wasn't even able to convince a Democratic-controlled legislature to back his agenda? He didn't push the Gitmo thing forcefully at all, and that is a moral failing that is far more severe than political failures like his foot-dragging on gay rights or his acquiescence to Republican tax policy. Obama is an utter failure as a President. At this point I'd prefer Romney, filthy sleazebag though he is.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

30 Mar 2011, 12:34 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIKxLr_AWj8[/youtube]

straight from the horse's mouth

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 12:55 pm

Orwell wrote:
So Obama wasn't even able to convince a Democratic-controlled legislature to back his agenda? He didn't push the Gitmo thing forcefully at all, and that is a moral failing that is far more severe than political failures like his foot-dragging on gay rights or his acquiescence to Republican tax policy. Obama is an utter failure as a President. At this point I'd prefer Romney, filthy sleazebag though he is.

Would you want a bunch of Terrorists living next door to you, being brought in from Gitmo?

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 2:14 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:

Would you want a bunch of Terrorists living next door to you, being brought in from Gitmo?

Has anyone ever suggested that? Bring them to trial. If they are guilty, convict. If they are innocent, let them go free. A civilized state does not keep people in indefinite detention without charging them with anything.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 2:26 pm

Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:

Has anyone ever suggested that? Bring them to trial. If they are guilty, convict. If they are innocent, let them go free. A civilized state does not keep people in indefinite detention without charging them with anything.
That's right, it's about having the right to a proper trial.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 2:26 pm

Orwell wrote:
A civilized state

In case you haven't noticed, civilized people do not run this country nor does much of anything appeal to civilized people.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 3:40 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Orwell wrote:

That's right, it's about having the right to a proper trial.

Are you implying they can't have a fair trial at Gitmo?