Page 6 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Of the following, who would you support for the nomination?
Newt Gingrich 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Sarah Palin 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Herman Cain 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Mitt Romney 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Tim Pawlenty 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Michelle Bachman 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Rick Santorum 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ron Paul 44%  44%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 27

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

26 May 2011, 9:52 pm

Orwell wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
I'm going to point out that everyone voting for Ron Paul in the primary will probably be voting for Obama in the general even if Ron Paul is the nominee.

Why don't you vote for Obama? There is no discernible difference between him and your typical neocon. Dr. Paul is the only true conservative running.

I agree with you here, besides healthcare reform and different rhetoric on foreign policy, what's the difference in results between the neocon stand and the actual results of a Democrat run government.

Actually, even on healthcare reform there is no difference. Obama passed a Republican healthcare bill, not a Democratic/liberal/progressive one. We might have had more left-leaning policy if McCain had won the election.

Probably. The GOP and the Democratic Party are both owned by corporatists. Obamacare was actually Romneycare which was an old GOP idea from all the way back to Richard Nixon.

So they have the same foreign policy, same fiscal policy, the same attitude on the role of government and civil liberties. Maybe one likes gays a little better than the other but there is no real difference.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 10:00 pm

Orwell wrote:
By voting, you are effectively stating that the choice between two virtually identical candidates is important enough that you would lay down your life for a very small chance at affecting it.

You understand Patriotism.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 2:07 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
I'm going to point out that everyone voting for Ron Paul in the primary will probably be voting for Obama in the general even if Ron Paul is the nominee.

Why don't you vote for Obama? There is no discernible difference between him and your typical neocon. Dr. Paul is the only true conservative running.

Ron Paul would abandon all our allies given half a chance. While we shouldn't always be sticking our nose into everything, we shouldn't be isolationist either.

Jojoba
Toucan
Toucan

27 May 2011, 2:12 pm

Gosh, I can say I like them all. And additionally, can sometimes find myself in disagreement with some of their ideas. Who ever wins the nomination, thought Bernie Goldberg has a nice article out today about what it will take to win the overall election in 2012 over Obama.

"Obama 2012 win a sure thing?"

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/05/ ... ure-thing/

Excerpt:

Quote:
Charisma goes a long way in politics, especially when it’s up against scolding accountants. So what to do if you’re a Republican with dreams of becoming president? Turn President Obama into the candidate of yesterday. Tell the American people that Mr. Obama represents everything tired and old in American politics.
Tell them that being the first black American president is wonderful and historic, but it’s not enough, not anymore – not after he shoved ObamaCare down the throats of the American people, not after he spent nearly a trillion dollars on a stimulus package with questionable results, not after his worldwide tour apologizing for America’s supposed sins, and not after his failure to deliver on his promise to usher in a new tone and new politics in Washington.
Tell them the Republicans are the candidate with new ideas while Mr. Obama hasn’t had a new idea, maybe ever. And tell them, as Shelby Steele smartly points out, that “Barack Obama believes in government; we believe in you.”
President Obama’s base – the so-called mainstream media – will do everything it can to get him re-elected. Last time around they weren’t content being eye-witnesses and chroniclers of history. Last time around they were intent on helping shape history. After all, this wasn’t just one more Mondale or Dukakis or Gore or Kerry running for president. So they have a lot invested in this president.
The good news for Republicans is that the American people understand all this. Having the "lamestreams' on your side helps. But if the Republicans play their cards right, it won’t help enough

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/05/ ... z1Na7hlUwV

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 2:17 pm

In other words Obama has an indefensible record.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 May 2011, 5:42 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Ron Paul would abandon all our allies given half a chance. While we shouldn't always be sticking our nose into everything, we shouldn't be isolationist either.

Non-intervention was one of things our country was founded on. To quote Thomas Jefferson; "peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none." There is big difference between that and isolationism.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 5:51 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Non-intervention was one of things our country was founded on. To quote Thomas Jefferson; "peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none." There is big difference between that and isolationism.

QFT

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

dionysian
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 6:17 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

QFT

ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 7:27 pm

Why isn't Jon Huntsman on this list? He's gotten a fair amount of press and is considered moderate. The Tea Party, which turns out in Republican primaries, may not be crazy about moderates (or "RINOs" as they might get called), but the electorate as a whole finds the hard-right politics that the Tea Party stands for too extreme (see Paul Ryan's seriously out-f-whack budget).

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 9:33 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

QFT

It also used to take several weeks to get across the Atlantic, now it takes a matter of a few hours.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 8:00 pm

I caught a little bit of the first debate.

Although I don't necessarily agree with him, Ron Paul is the only intelligent, coherent one of the lot.

Mitt Romney--they ask him one question, and he talks on and on about another topic completely unrelated. He might just as well join our ass-burger forum. :roll:

They're a bunch of intellectual midgets.

Ron Paul is the only one who would give us a decent choice against President Obama, with a coherent debate.

The rest of them might as well just give up now. :roll:

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 8:20 pm

Ron Paul. I became a US citizen last election to be able to vote for him.

Sadly though Orwell is right. The GOP and the power elite will not support him and will actively sabotage his campaign like they did last time around.

Popular vote oth... I think that he has a good chance at it if he is not sabotaged while trying to get his campaign message out. Everything he has been saying AND DOING all his career has been consistent, constitutionally sound and honorable.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 8:24 pm

Dantac wrote:
Everything he has been saying AND DOING all his career has been consistent, constitutionally sound and honorable.

Although I will not be supporting Mr. Paul, I concede the above points.

No-one harps more on "constitutional soundness" than Mr. Paul himself.

Is he an atheist?

EDIT: Ah, he is an Episcopalian, which probably isn't too far removed from atheism.

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 8:28 pm

Orwell wrote:
Ron Paul
Not gonna happen. The GOP establishment won't support him, and neither will the general public.

Take a look at the comments section on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-VZLvVF1FQ

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 8:44 pm

pandabear wrote:
Dantac wrote:
Everything he has been saying AND DOING all his career has been consistent, constitutionally sound and honorable.

Although I will not be supporting Mr. Paul, I concede the above points.

No-one harps more on "constitutional soundness" than Mr. Paul himself.

Is he an atheist?

EDIT: Ah, he is an Episcopalian, which probably isn't too far removed from atheism.

Would it not be interesting to see someone like him be president for a change? All other candidates are the same turd wrapped in a different suit.

and why does his religious affiliation matter?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 10:02 pm

How about another choice: none of the above.

ruveyn