Page 3 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Of the following, who would you support for the nomination?
Newt Gingrich 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Sarah Palin 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Herman Cain 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Mitt Romney 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Tim Pawlenty 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Michelle Bachman 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Rick Santorum 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ron Paul 44%  44%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 27

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 6:13 am

MarketAndChurch wrote:
Intelligent Design has a place in the classroom, but it needs to be full proofed by scholarship and taught in Philosophy, not Biology.

"Intelligent Design" is a misnomer for the word CREATIONISM, which is a scientific non-concept,
philosophically-credited by not one non-fallacious proof in thousands of years,
and only relevant in world culture so far as it demonstrates how an idea like animism can be passed indiscriminately from authority figure to impressionable child over millenia alongside practical advice and orders.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2011, 6:15 am

I voted for Ron Paul (in the poll).

Unless there is a radical left shift in the American political spectrum,
I don't foresee myself ever voting for a Republican.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 8:59 am

MarketAndChurch wrote:
are you trying to debate for debate sake?

There is an old talmudic saying that goes: Silence is agreement.

I don't agree with regards to this post, but will be silent since it seems this won't go anywhere.

I tend to be very blunt. I can often come across as abrasive. That does not invalidate the points I made.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 9:03 am

Whom shall I vote for?

None of the above.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 9:21 am

None of the above.

ruveyn

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 11:58 am

@ Orwell

Well the fact you hate Bachman and Palin is another reason to support them in my book. Liberals can't stand conservative women because it threatens their narrative of Conservatives being sexist.

What are you going to next start attacking their kids (and Bachmann has been a foster parent for kids as well)?

Fact you support Romney (whom reminds me of a used car salesman) is a good reason not to support him, only way I'm supporting that sleezebag is if he's the one running against Obama. Better a potted plant in the Oval office than someone actively trying to destroy this country.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 12:37 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
@ Orwell

Well the fact you hate Bachman and Palin is another reason to support them in my book. Liberals can't stand conservative women because it threatens their narrative of Conservatives being sexist.

No idea where you're getting any of this. I don't care that they're women; I care that they're stupid.

Quote:
Fact you support Romney (whom reminds me of a used car salesman) is a good reason not to support him, only way I'm supporting that sleezebag is if he's the one running against Obama. Better a potted plant in the Oval office than someone actively trying to destroy this country.

I didn't say I supported Romney. In fact, I explicitly stated that I don't support any of the candidates listed. I simply said that Romney was the most realistic candidate to actually have a chance in the race.

And seriously, "actively trying to destroy the country?" Do you realize how insane such ridiculous accusations make you seem? Especially given that Obama, for all his failures, has so far been doing a better job than Bush did?

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 1:45 pm

It's quite clear that everytime Inuyasha is speaking about a "Democrat candidate" trying to destroy America, he's really projecting his own insecurities over the fact that his policies not only threaten to destroy America but also the world.

And Inuyasha, what exactly is "ulra-liberal" about Michael Moore hating Orwell?

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 2:00 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
@ Orwell

What are you going to next start attacking their kids (and Bachmann has been a foster parent for kids as well)?

I think that Bachman and Palin are exhibits of republican misogyny.
Conservatives don't realize that these women especially stupid
because they think all women are stupid.
but they are both lookers Ill give you that.
the real question is "would a republican ever support an Ugly woman?"

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 2:11 pm

I would just the gross moral depravity of Inuyasha's radical insult towards women everywhere: that Michelle Bachman and Bozo Palin epitomize them. First Inuyasha labels women concerned with the stress and pain of unwanted pregnancies "child killers" from his lofty position of never having to go through a pregnancy and then he degrades women further by associating them with the stupid antics of the dynamic duo of fundie dumba**itude. Truly, Inuyasha, have you no shame? When can women get a break from your gross misogyny?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 2:15 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
@ Orwell

I think that Bachman and Palin are exhibits of republican misogyny.
Conservatives don't realize that these women especially stupid
because they think all women are stupid.
but they are both lookers Ill give you that.
the real question is "would a republican ever support an Ugly woman?"

Only reason you think they are stupid is because they are pro-life and not only talk the talk, they walk the walk. Palin was told she should abort her youngest son, she didn't. Bachmann has been a foster parent for numerous kids.

Right now all I've seen from liberals here is a bad case of sexism.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 2:22 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Only reason you think they are stupid is because they are pro-life and not only talk the talk, they walk the walk. Palin was told she should abort her youngest son, she didn't. Bachmann has been a foster parent for numerous kids.

I applaud Bozo Palin here. It takes real integrity to have a disabled fetus when you know you have an army of severants to look after it and nearly unlimited resources. Regardless, the main attacks on Bozo Palin aren't about Trig, although her disgusting tendency to start yammering about how the media hates Trig anytime columnists criticize her wilful idiocy may confuse some of the more unreflective members of the Con Artist movement. The attacks are about her gross ignorance of history, flip flops (she was for wealth redistribution before she was against it), her support for witch hunting pastors, and her love of theocracy.

Inuyasha wrote:

I'm not even sure why I argue with you. If I was tasked with writing up a comical, unreflective, robotic, and utterly clueless radical conservative for a sitcome, a character who'd just parrot brain dead talking points, I couldn't imagine a character with as much gold as you.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 2:25 pm

Oh, and to the poll: the entire Republican field is a train wreck.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 2:27 pm

Inuyasha wrote:

No, I don't give a damn about Bachmann's personal life. My impression of her as "stupid" comes from her comments about US history, the Constitution, and policy stances that she takes. And Palin... come on, just watch any interview of her. She's an idiot.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 2:27 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I applaud Bozo Palin here. It takes real integrity to have a disabled fetus when you know you have an army of severants to look after it and nearly unlimited resources. Regardless, the main attacks on Bozo Palin aren't about Trig, although her disgusting tendency to start yammering about how the media hates Trig anytime columnists criticize her wilful idiocy may confuse some of the more unreflective members of the Con Artist movement. The attacks are about her gross ignorance of history, flip flops (she was for wealth redistribution before she was against it), her support for witch hunting pastors, and her love of theocracy.

Okay so in your view one of my cousins is also some sort of nonhuman... To be perfectly frank you really went way over the line.

Master_Pedant wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I'm not even sure why I argue with you. If I was tasked with writing up a comical, unreflective, robotic, and utterly clueless radical conservative for a sitcome, a character who'd just parrot brain dead talking points, I couldn't imagine a character with as much gold as you.

That's funny coming from someone whom believes that because someone has a disability, they aren't a person.

@ Orwell

You're confusing a gaffe with being an idiot, why aren't you running around claiming Biden is an idiot?

Last edited by Inuyasha on 26 May 2011, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 2:29 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
Oh, and to the poll: the entire Republican field is a train wreck.

It really is astonishing. It should be easy to beat Obama, and yet the GOP has absolutely no one up to the task. Where are the conservative leaders?