If a girl is raped and pregnant, should she keep the baby?

Page 91 of 94 [ 1500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94  Next

TrainofLove
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Nov 2012, 5:25 am

I can see there are a lot of stupid people on this forum.

If you don't want the child, or are raped, Abort it. You are not killing anything. The "thing" does not become a human being until very late in a pregnancy.

How would you feel when you grow up and you're told you're an unwanted rape baby and were an accident and a complete disappointment? as that's what all these rape babies are pretty much.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 10:44 am

TrainofLove wrote:
I can see there are a lot of stupid people on this forum.

If you don't want the child, or are raped, Abort it. You are not killing anything. The "thing" does not become a human being until very late in a pregnancy.

How would you feel when you grow up and you're told you're an unwanted rape baby and were an accident and a complete disappointment? as that's what all these rape babies are pretty much.
Thats bible thumpers for ya! :lol: But I wouldnt call everyone stupid I would say the one pro life just poorly misguided for they never experienced being raped or never wondered what its like, of course I never have either but at least I try to put myself in the persons shoes and I would of aborted the baby I wouldnt want a bastard child reminding me of how I was forced against my will.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 11:19 am

This is the same poster who said americans were stupid for not voting in romney.

Seabass
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Nov 2012, 6:10 pm

Touchy subject . . .

Flame me all you want, but I think in normal, non-rape circumstances, a woman who opts for abortion is looking for an escape, and is morally in the wrong. But if the woman was raped or her life is in danger, then it does become a viable option. Those are very extreme circumstances. Kinda like defending yourself when your life is in danger. Would I kill someone if I saw them running away with my Rolex watch? No. Would I if they were charging at me a chainsaw? I'd very well try. Now, should she? I don't think anyone is obligated to tell her whether she should or shouldn't, it's HER baby.

Oberoth
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 1:19 pm

If she wants to keep it, then she should be free to do so. Likewise if she wants to abort or put it up for adoption.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 7:48 pm

Seabass wrote:
Touchy subject . . .

Flame me all you want, but I think in normal, non-rape circumstances, a woman who opts for abortion is looking for an escape, and is morally in the wrong. But if the woman was raped or her life is in danger, then it does become a viable option. Those are very extreme circumstances. Kinda like defending yourself when your life is in danger. Would I kill someone if I saw them running away with my Rolex watch? No. Would I if they were charging at me a chainsaw? I'd very well try. Now, should she? I don't think anyone is obligated to tell her whether she should or shouldn't, it's HER baby.

She is already defending herself. Her body is being used against her will.

Seabass
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Nov 2012, 12:47 am

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
Seabass wrote:
Touchy subject . . .

Exactly. In both situations she is defending herself from a detrimental end result. In the first case it's unwanted sex and possible child. In the second it's death. I think that in either situation a woman is in the clear to abort. But if you give consent, then get preggers (modern birth control is pretty reliable so chances of this happening should be low), the responsible, right thing to do would be to have the baby.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 1:32 am

That's fine as an opinion statement on what is 'moral,' but do you think that the law should try to force women to have the kid if she wasn't raped or in danger? In other words, do you think that it should be illegal, and that women should be punished for having abortions without 'extenuating' circumstances?

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 5:43 am

Seabass wrote:
mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
Seabass wrote:
Touchy subject . . .

Exactly. In both situations she is defending herself from a detrimental end result. In the first case it's unwanted sex and possible child. In the second it's death. I think that in either situation a woman is in the clear to abort. But if you give consent, then get preggers (modern birth control is pretty reliable so chances of this happening should be low), the responsible, right thing to do would be to have the baby.

Really? What if you're poor, single (as in not in a relationship with its father, not celibate) and working 80 hours a week, underage and still living at home, etc? What if you're simply not ready? It's responsible to bring a child into a world that has no provisions for it? Please don't start screaming about adoption because there are already far more children needing homes than there are people who want them.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 7:38 am

Quote:
But if you give consent, then get preggers (modern birth control is pretty reliable so chances of this happening should be low), the responsible, right thing to do would be to have the baby.
The responsible, right thing to do is to abort unwanted pregnancies as quickly as possible.

Condoms have a 3% failure rate. This means that for each 33 women that have sex today using condoms, the expected number of cases in which the condom fails is 1.

Seabass
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Nov 2012, 11:54 am

I was just giving my opinion. I usually just stay out of this topic though, as I'm a man and would never be in that kind of situation.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 2:33 pm

Seabass wrote:
I was just giving my opinion. I usually just stay out of this topic though, as I'm a man and would never be in that kind of situation.

So you admit you don't know how it is but you throw out half assed opinions anyway?

Seriously, you think the right thing for, say, a poor woman who can barely feed her dog and pay for electricity to do is HAVE A KID?

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 3:13 pm

Kill the kid!

Seabass
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Nov 2012, 6:15 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
Seabass wrote:

So you admit you don't know how it is but you throw out half assed opinions anyway?

Seriously, you think the right thing for, say, a poor woman who can barely feed her dog and pay for electricity to do is HAVE A KID?

Yep, sometimes I throw out my opinions out there . . . sorry.

I suppose in that kind of situation it's understandable if she opts for the easy way out. I still don't think its the right thing to do. What if it happens multiple times? Should she just get abortion after abortion?

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 8:25 pm

If she has abortion after abortion, then there are probably one or more of the following occurring:
1)she has limited access to adequate birth control.
2)she was inadequately educated about the types and efficacies of birth control.
3)she is being coerced by a male partner into not using birth control.
4)she is one of the statistically unlucky people who have had multiple birth control failures, despite proper use.
In the above cases, it would still not be fair to force the woman to donate her body against her will to another entity.

There is also one other option:
5)she is too stupid and/or impulsive to use birth control.
In which case it is better for all of us if she does not reproduce.

Abortion, though less dangerous than full-term pregnancy and childbirth, is still surgery and still painful. Very few sane women will choose to go through it over and over if they had other options.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2012, 5:27 am

Seabass wrote:
mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
Seabass wrote:

Yep, sometimes I throw out my opinions out there . . . sorry.

I suppose in that kind of situation it's understandable if she opts for the easy way out. I still don't think its the right thing to do. What if it happens multiple times? Should she just get abortion after abortion?

Why are you so against women being able to 'get out' of pain, drastic body changes, endocrine system disruption and sickness?

You talk about it like it's just letting a child off detention. It makes me sick.