Poll: Was 9/11 genocide/is it comparable to the Holocaust?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Was 9/11 an act of genocide?
No, it was just a mass murder/act of war 67%  67%  [ 14 ]
Not exactly/technically, but it's the same class of crimes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, I think Al Qaeda wants to systematically exterminate Christians, Jews, and atheists, just like Hitler wanted to kill Jews 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Yes, by the global elite to strip away our rights 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
other 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 21

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 7:32 am

The term "never forget", which I loathe btw as it's very loaded with emotions of vengeance and militarism, was and still is used for the Jewish Holocaust, and in the past decade has become equally associated with 9/11.

Do you think September 11 was a form of genocide? Whether it was terrorists, globalists or an inside job, it seems quite clear that the endgame for 9/11 was the destroy the morale of the American people and Western civilization in general.

Personally, I think September 11 was not done by terrorists or our government (though both had a small part as patsies, without realizing the true scope of what 9/11 was about), but by the global elite, the 470 or so families that own the majority of the world's wealth already. The people who meet at Bohemian Grove and the Bildeberg Group. I would argue that the act was indeed, genocidal in nature as its aim was to make up willingly surrender our rights, and then basically walk into the slaughterhouse. I think they are big on population reduction.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 7:45 am

Genocide has an actual definition, you know.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 7:53 am

Vexcalibur wrote:

Yes, but even by scholars it is debated what exactly qualifies as genocide. I suppose it is just semantics.

Genocide is defined as "the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group",[1] though what constitutes enough of a "part" to qualify as genocide has been subject to much debate by legal scholars.[2]

I would argue that 9/11 could be considered a form of genocide because whoever did it deliberately and systematically tried to destroy a national group (Americans). Maybe not in a physical sense like the Holocaust.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 8:35 am

donnie_darko wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:

Yes, but even by scholars it is debated what exactly qualifies as genocide. I suppose it is just semantics.

The word means the extermination or attempted extermination of an entire race or culture.

There have been very few successful genocides in human history. Probably the closes thing was the destruction of the Tasmanians by European settlers.

Some ethnocides are inadvertent or the result of other things. For example the destruction of several aboriginal American cultures was the result of land grabbing. There was rather little racial murder, as such. Unfortunately for the aboriginals of the Plains having open land for hunting was exactly what their culture was based on, and seizure of the land for farming or cattle raising did in the hunting gathering cultures. Cultural "genocide" without the explicit intent to kill a race of people. The prevailing attitude in the 19th century was that if the "injuns" became Christian, learned English, wore shoes and took up "white man's work" they would be o.k. Unfortunately it did not work out that way.

ruveyn

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 5:46 pm

I don't know if the scale of 9/11 counts as genocide, but the long term agenda of Al Qaida and it's members involves genocide.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2011, 6:35 pm

Genocide is wiping out a race, nationality, culture.

Niether the intent, nor the result of the attack was genocidal against Americans (or whatevr group you think was the target).

The intent was to destroy a symbol of american power (the world trade center edifice) and to instill terror( which is why its called "terrorism") by killing alot of (but not every single) American. It succeeded infamously in both ends. It certainly inspired terror.

But calling it "genocidal" of Americans is laughable.

More americans are killed by american drunk drivers every few months than have been killed by al queda in the decade since and including the 9-11 attacks. So the American beverage industry is far more successful at "genocide" of the American people than Ben Ladin. The Mexican drug cartels murder more mexicans than the number of amercans killed by al queda.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 11:38 am

I don't think that you need to rely on a definition of "genocide" to distinguish 9/11 from the Holocaust.

The Holocaust was an ongoing program of exetermination, perpetrated over a number of years, with no intention to achieve any political purpose other than the extermination of its victims.

9/11 was the coordination of multiple attacks within a single event, with the intention of destabilizing the United States and achieving the political purpose of her withdrawal from interference in the Middle East.

Even if you take the entirety of al-Qaeda's terrorist program I do not think that you will see the pattern of an American genocide. (An Israeli genocide, perhaps, but that's not the OP's question).

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 11:44 am

Am I the only person aboard who knows the difference between a massacre and genocide?

ruveyn

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 6:54 pm

it where some people flying a airplane into a buiding