Our soldiers in Afghanistan, burning Bill O'Reilly's book

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 10:30 am

http://everqueer.tumblr.com/post/115627 ... awful-book

Quote:
Some jerk sent us two boxes of this awful book (SPOILER ALERT: George Washington - Patriot; George Soros - Pinhead) instead of anything soldiers at a remote outpost in Afghanistan might need, like, say, food or soap. Just burned the whole lot of them on my Commander’s orders.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 12:07 pm

pandabear wrote:
http://everqueer.tumblr.com/post/11562760470/some-jerk-sent-us-two-boxes-of-this-awful-book

Quote:
Some jerk sent us two boxes of this awful book (SPOILER ALERT: George Washington - Patriot; George Soros - Pinhead) instead of anything soldiers at a remote outpost in Afghanistan might need, like, say, food or soap. Just burned the whole lot of them on my Commander’s orders.

I bet they appreciate that Obama was actually a pPesident who gave a crap about when they came home instead of forcing them to spend their time doing diddly.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 1:38 pm

Books do not make for good gifts...period.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 1:42 pm

pinheads

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 2:15 pm

zer0netgain wrote:

Speak for yourself.

Books make for outstanding gifts. I can think of nothing that is better appreciated in my family and in the circle of my friends. (Other than cold, hard cash to spend at the bookstore....)

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 2:35 pm

Gedrene wrote:
pandabear wrote:
http://everqueer.tumblr.com/post/11562760470/some-jerk-sent-us-two-boxes-of-this-awful-book

Quote:

I bet they appreciate that Obama was actually a pPesident who gave a crap about when they came home instead of forcing them to spend their time doing diddly.

Explains why Obama is playing political games with the lives of our soldiers and making sure their sacrifices will be in vain.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 3:04 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Quote:

Explains why Obama is playing political games with the lives of our soldiers and making sure their sacrifices will be in vain.

:roll:

I know that you're trying to score points here, but your little anti-Obama tirade made no sense. Hence, no points for you.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 3:09 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Quote:

I know that you're trying to score points here, but your little anti-Obama tirade made no sense. Hence, no points for you.

Your comments about Obama actually caring for the troops is a false one, and I called you out on that fact. The President that actually cared about the troops was George W. Bush.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 3:12 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Quote:

Your comments about Obama actually caring for the troops is a false one, and I called you out on that fact. The President that actually cared about the troops was George W. Bush.

I made no such comments. Still, no points for you.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 3:16 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Quote:

I made no such comments. Still, no points for you.

Only thing I made an error on was that it was Gedrene that made the comment and not you.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 3:34 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Quote:

A fundamental rule of micro economics: you decide whether to invest further based on whether you expect to profit from continued investment, not based on what you have already invested.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 4:46 pm

LKL wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Quote:

A fundamental rule of micro economics: you decide whether to invest further based on whether you expect to profit from continued investment, not based on what you have already invested.

The issue is National Defense and depriving the enemy of a base of operations, it is not about profit.

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 5:01 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Quote:

So that's why Dubya involved us in Iraq when there was no evidence of weapons of mass destruction, and got us into Afghanistan too, while Obama is getting us out of there? And that is why Obama uses surgical strikes to kill terrorist leaders instead of invading whole countries? And that is why Obama has America step back and take action as part of a team as in Libya, and lets NATO do most of the work, instead of going in unilaterally against world opinion? Hmmm.....seems points go to Obama here.

It's amazing how much Obama has been able to accomplish considering how actively the GOP and Tea Party have tried to sabotage everything he attempts to do, even if it means hurting the economy or the nation. It seems they put politics over patriotism. Also, any of our troops who are gay may appreciate that it was in Obama's administration that Don't ask don't tell was repealed, while the religious right tends to demonize them.

Last edited by TheBicyclingGuitarist on 21 Oct 2011, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 5:08 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Quote:

Give me an example of that. Give me one. With a source. It's an inveterate worm who criticizes anyone all the time with no real evidence. I'd love to criticize him but I have to keep smacking down spineless idiotic attacks like this all the time.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 5:11 pm

visagrunt wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:

Speak for yourself.

Books make for outstanding gifts. I can think of nothing that is better appreciated in my family and in the circle of my friends. (Other than cold, hard cash to spend at the bookstore....)

People who try and make arbitrary principles deserve, nay, ought to expect having the truth shoved in their face. Rule of the Gadfly.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 5:15 pm

Gedrene wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Quote:

Give me an example of that. Give me one. With a source. It's an inveterate worm who criticizes anyone all the time with no real evidence. I'd love to criticize him but I have to keep smacking down spineless idiotic attacks like this all the time.

What he just announced concerning Iraq is a good starting example.