Is the American Center for Law and Justice Guilty of Violati

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Has the American Center for Law and Justice Violated its Tax-Exempt Status?
Guilty! 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
Not Guilty 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 9:02 am

Is the American Center for Law and Justice guilty of violating its 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status, and hence guilty of tax evasion?

The American Center for Law and Justice's website is here: http://aclj.org/

The wikipedia information on the organization is here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_C ... 26_Justice

Here is a bit on things that 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations in the United States are not supposed to do:

From the Wikipedia article, you can see that the American Center for Law and Justice has been involved in excessive lobbying efforts.

You can also see this from the organization's website on Jordan Sekulow, who is the organization's Executive Director. http://aclj.org/jordan-sekulow

Moreover, in this YouTube clip

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KLflkIFEeo[/youtube]

John Sekulow argues that Media Matters should not have tax-exempt status because it is "partisan."

In addition, John Sekulow is actively involved in campaigning against the Democrats.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9jZMOFdY6w[/youtube]

So, how do you find the defendant?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 11:10 am

If they are guilty of violating their tax-exempt status, then so is the ACLU.

I find it hysterical that you have no problems with left wing groups, but when right wing groups do the same thing you go ballistic.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 11:25 am

Inuyasha wrote:

I find it hysterical that you have no problems with left wing groups, but when right wing groups do the same thing you go ballistic.

I find it hysterical that you define going ballistic as asking a question. :lol: :lol:

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 11:27 am

JakobVirgil wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I find it hysterical that you define going ballistic as asking a question. :lol: :lol:

Well here is the thing, if he says that the ACLJ is guilty of violating their tax-exempt status, then isn't the ACLU also guilty and should also lose tax-exempt status.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 11:44 am

Inuyasha wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Well here is the thing, if he says that the ACLJ is guilty of violating their tax-exempt status, then isn't the ACLU also guilty and should also lose tax-exempt status.

Sure if you can find video of Susan N. Herman claiming to have taken over the democratic party.
:lol: :lol:
Lets do that trail next and focus on the ACLJ for now.
(they can both be guilty)

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 8:24 am

Does Inuyasha want to play prosecutor again? This should be a fairly easy case for him to win this time.

To help you out, here is what Fox News has to say about 501(c)(3) organizations supporting and/or opposing candidates for public office

http://nation.foxnews.com/media-matters ... click-here

If you want, you can download the Fox News form here

http://ideapalooza.com/blog/wp-content/ ... _13909.pdf

and just cross out Media Matters and David Brock, and write in the information about David Sekulow and the American Center for Law and Justice.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 2:15 pm

pandabear, I'm not going to play a rigged game. You aren't a judge, you aren't remotely objective, in fact, in my opinon you are more partisan than I am.

I can at least acknowledge the fact I have a bias, you seem to think your bias is objective when in all reality it isn't.

So seriously stop with the shannigans.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 2:50 pm

My court? A "rigged game?" None of my decisions have yet been turned over on appeal.

In fact, I have been universally complimented on my fairness, transparency, and strict adherence to the constitution of the United States. Not to mention my spelling, grammar and punctuation.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 2:58 pm

pandabear wrote:
My court? A "rigged game?" None of my decisions have yet been turned over on appeal.

Because you aren't a judge. I know how Judges are supposed to behave, pandabear and you are no Judge.

pandabear wrote:
In fact, I have been universally complimented on my fairness, transparency, and strict adherence to the constitution of the United States. Not to mention my spelling, grammar and punctuation.

:roll:

Grammar skills is not grounds to be a judge.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 3:17 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Because you aren't a judge. I know how Judges are supposed to behave, pandabear and you are no Judge.

How do you know how judges are supposed to behave? Have you seen some on TV?

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:

[/quote]
Search the internet for legal decisions, and identify one grammatical error by a judge. You won't find any.

Last edited by pandabear on 06 Nov 2011, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 4:34 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:

I actually know a judge in real life.

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Search the internet for legal decisions, and identify one grammatical error by a judge. You won't find any.[/quote]

That still doesn't make you a judge, in all honesty I actually would make a better judge than you, cause I can actually recognize the fact I have a bias, you seem to think your bias is objectivity and anyone who disagrees with you is somehow evil, or inferior to you.

From having met a judge in real life, I know how Judges are supposed to behave, and you don't act remotely like one, so drop the act.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 7:32 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Really? There are quite a lot of judges out there. Some of them are quite nasty, such as William Adams. But, all of them always use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Quote:

Search the internet for legal decisions, and identify one grammatical error by a judge. You won't find any.

That still doesn't make you a judge, in all honesty I actually would make a better judge than you, cause I can actually recognize the fact I have a bias, you seem to think your bias is objectivity and anyone who disagrees with you is somehow evil, or inferior to you.

From having met a judge in real life, I know how Judges are supposed to behave, and you don't act remotely like one, so drop the act.

And how does your judge-friend comport himself? Does he go around slaughtering the English language?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 10:30 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Really? There are quite a lot of judges out there. Some of them are quite nasty, such as William Adams. But, all of them always use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.

My background is Engineering and Technology, I didn't study to be an English Teacher.

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Quote:

And how does your judge-friend comport himself? Does he go around slaughtering the English language?

Knowledgeable about history, rather cynical in a way, and has traveled around a lot. He is able to be objective on issues, which is something that you quite honestly are not.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 11:09 pm

hehehe you said objective.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 11:18 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
hehehe you said objective.

Would you rather I say impartial?

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 8:58 am

Feel free to show any of my legal decisions to your judge-friend. If he can identify any legal errors, I'll eat my hat.