Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2011, 3:23 pm

if i have perception and i am made out of matter/energy. doesn't that mean that matter/energy has perception?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2011, 3:24 pm

thedaywalker wrote:
if i have perception and i am made out of matter/energy. doesn't that mean that matter/energy has perception?

Perception is an interaction participated in by two energetic physical systems.

ruveyn

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2011, 3:27 pm

I like your question. Sometimes I like to think of consciousness as existing in degrees or in levels or in subsets.

I have entertained the idea that as well as multi cellular life having a consciousness then so does single celled life. And why stop at that, perhaps individual molecules and atoms have consciousness. Perhaps a collective consciousness exists in mountains and blocks of ice.

It is an entertaining idea, and seeing as we cannot define consciousness then it is valid to speculate. So matter and energy (whatever they are) could well have perceptions.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2011, 3:38 pm

thedaywalker wrote:

It means that your particular subset of matter/energy has perception - it does not mean that all matter/energy has perception.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.