Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2011, 12:45 pm

What do you think of what i said to all christions and athiests? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O49FK25yYsY.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 1:13 pm

Agreed!

Personally I do believe in a god (or a universal source of pure energy and/or love, whatever people want to call it) but don't follow organised religion, don't believe there is one true religion and do wish people would stop fighting and condemning each other to hell over it.

That is not what 'god' is meant to be about anyway lol.

But humans have their own interpretation of what god is and what god isn't and their interpretation always has to be the right one! Human ego wars.

"All pathways ultimately lead to the same destination and each individual must follow the pathway they feel to be right for them".

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 1:36 pm

You say a sensible thing. I think the reason a lot of arguing and fighting goes on is because a lot of religious people have had it instilled into them from a young age and its hard for them to see anything other than what they have been told. For atheists its more out of frustration that they live in a world where children are brainwashed into religion.

XsamX
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2011, 2:15 pm

bumble wrote:
Agreed!

Personally I do believe in a god (or a universal source of pure energy and/or love, whatever people want to call it) but don't follow organised religion, don't believe there is one true religion and do wish people would stop fighting and condemning each other to hell over it.

But humans have their own interpretation of what god is and what god isn't and their interpretation always has to be the right one! Human ego wars.

"All pathways ultimately lead to the same destination and each individual must follow the pathway they feel to be right for them".
thanks. do u have a youtube ?

SylviaLynn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 3:14 pm

Very sensible. The video is a very interesting way to express yourself. I've never seen that.

I have a degree in Religious Studies, not because I'm interested in any particular religion but more because I'm interested in why people are religious. Atheism is just as much a religion as Christianity.

10 yo dd on the spectrum

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2011, 3:25 pm

XsamX wrote:
bumble wrote:
Agreed!

thanks. do u have a youtube ?

Yes but I have not uploaded any of my own videos yet lol http://www.youtube.com/user/MoonlightMa ... ature=mhee

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

06 Dec 2011, 7:07 pm

[Moved from General Autism Discussion to Politics, Philosophy, and Religion]

snpeden
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Dec 2011, 7:29 pm

SylviaLynn wrote:
Atheism is just as much a religion as Christianity.

Is it? I'm not talking philosophically, more grammatically. I assume if you took the time to get the degree then you're probably right, but I'd always defined it literally as a lack of theism. Defined by the absence of religion rather than being another category of it.