09 Dec 2011, 1:13 pm

[img][800:946]http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2010-04-10-NewtsHit.jpg[/img]

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 1:19 pm

visagrunt wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Thanks for the reminder of how dishonest the left-wing drive-by media is. Clinton shut down the Government.

Thanks for the reminder of how disingenuous the right-wing disciples are.

When Congress denies supply, the government is left with no choice but to, "shut down." The President may sign the orders, but it is Congress that has dictated those orders.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource. ... ug=2152925

Quote:
Gingrich: Snub Caused Impasse -- Treatment On Air Force One Blamed
Seattle Times News Services

WASHINGTON - President Clinton said today he was "sorry and surprised" if House Speaker Newt Gingrich took offense at the way he had been treated on Air Force One.

Gingrich complained yesterday that in 24 hours of flying to and from the Jerusalem funeral of slain Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin last week Clinton failed to discuss their budget differences - and made Gingrich and Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole, R-Kan., sit in the back of the plane and leave by the rear exit.

The speaker said his personal pique helped prompt the partial shutdown of the federal government.

The alleged "snub," the Georgia Republican told reporters, was "part of why you ended up with us sending down a tougher continuing resolution" - the stopgap spending bill that Clinton vetoed Monday, leading to the shutdown.

"It's petty, but I think it's human," Gingrich said of his reaction.

"If I genuinely hurt their feelings, I'm really sorry and surprised," the president said today. As for Gingrich focusing his ire toward the tough spending resolution, Clinton said, "I just don't understand it."

Clinton walked by a couple of times but barely spoke to them during the trip, Gingrich said:

"Both of us (he and Dole) got on that airplane expecting to spend several hours talking about the budget and how do we avoid the shutdown.

"Every president we had ever flown with had us up front. Every president we had ever flown with had talked to us at length."

White House chief of staff Leon Panetta said today: "I had conversations with both the speaker and the leader, and not once did either of them say, `Let's go in the back, and sit down and try and cut a deal here.' Frankly, it would have been inappropriate. Everybody knew this was about a funeral.

"And even if that were the case . . . why would you want to shut down the government?" Panetta asked.

Clinton said today he made a point of visiting with Gingrich and Dole before Air Force One landed, to say goodbye and thank them for accompanying him. The White House released a picture of them together.

And NBC News videotape shows Gingrich and Dole disembarking at Tel Aviv just behind Clinton - via the front stairway. Gingrich explained this by saying Clinton staged an exhibition of U.S. bipartisan unity for Israeli TV, then reverted to the cold-shoulder treatment flying home.

If they used the rear door on the predawn return to Washington, White House spokesman Mike McCurry said, they simply took "the fastest way off the plane."

Dole made light of leaving by the rear door, saying, "Maybe that's just the normal rotation."

Rep. Patricia Schroeder, D-Colo., in the House today waved a statuette she said was an Oscar for Gingrich's performance as a child actor who was "shutting down the whole country because of his little peeve." She asked: "Could we get a performance that's more statesmanlike?"

Even some GOP comrades are advising Gingrich to calm down.

"He's been a little out of tune," said Rep. Christopher Shays, R-Conn., who suggested Gingrich get more sleep. "When he becomes tired and angry, the messenger obscures the message. That's not to his advantage or ours."

"Get off the airplane thing," Rep. Bill Zeliff, R-N.H., prescribed today. "We've got to stop being petty." Compiled from The Associated Press, Knight-Ridder Newspapers and Newsday

Mr. Newt even admits to being a big fat petty traitor to the country.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 6:31 pm

pandabear, all you're demonstrating is that the left wing media is the DNC's press staff.

Fact is Clinton caused the shutdown by vetoing the budget cause he didn't like the cuts that were in it and refused to sit down at the table initially.

Since that veto meant no money was appropriated to actually run the government, everything shut down.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 6:39 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear, all you're demonstrating is that the left wing media is the DNC's press staff.

Fact is Clinton caused the shutdown by vetoing the budget cause he didn't like the cuts that were in it and refused to sit down at the table initially.

Since that veto meant no money was appropriated to actually run the government, everything shut down.

Hey, the Commie media are only quoting the fat ugly pig's own words.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 7:00 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I'm looking at facts, not how imaginative the left wing drive by media can misquote or quote out of context.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 7:47 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I'm looking at facts, not how imaginative the left wing drive by media can misquote or quote out of context.

You're not looking at facts at all.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 7:54 pm

pandabear wrote:
You're not looking at facts at all.

What you claim the facts are and what they are actually are usually two different things.

What you are giving is your opinion and other people's opinions whom would vote for Obama unless someone else was running that is even more far left than Obama.

Here is an example of why Newt is the frontrunner:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN3HRA0EC7U[/youtube]

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 7:58 pm

Nah. He's the frontrunner because of Fox Noise.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 8:00 pm

pandabear wrote:

Actually the only one that wasn't saying Newt's campaign wasn't dead was Bob Beckel, everyone else at Fox News had written him off. Of course since you don't watch Fox News, you didn't know that. Thank you for demonstrating that you have no clue what you are talking about.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 8:53 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Actually the only one that wasn't saying Newt's campaign wasn't dead was Bob Beckel, everyone else at Fox News had written him off. Of course since you don't watch Fox News, you didn't know that. Thank you for demonstrating that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Then why do you refer to Mitt Romney as "Obama light?" It must have been something you heard on Fox Noise.

If you hadn't seen Fat Newt on Fox Noise gazillions of times, and if Fox Noise hadn't been making a case for Newt, then you wouldn't like him. It is only obvious.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 9:14 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Then why do you refer to Mitt Romney as "Obama light?" It must have been something you heard on Fox Noise.

If you hadn't seen Fat Newt on Fox Noise gazillions of times, and if Fox Noise hadn't been making a case for Newt, then you wouldn't like him. It is only obvious.

That I've actually seen him talk, and not simply listening to the left charecterizing him...

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 11:11 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:

That I've actually seen him talk, and not simply listening to the left charecterizing him...

And, you've seen Fox Noise hailing him as a hero who is almost smart enough to be labeled an elite intellectual.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 11:16 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:

And, you've seen Fox Noise hailing him as a hero who is almost smart enough to be labeled an elite intellectual.

pandabear, my opinion of Newt Gingrich is based on research I conducted myself, I don't simply listen to talking heads.

I've watched all the debates thus far, I have been watching Gingrich's speeches (which he does not use a teleprompter), I've been reading stuff that he has written on issues.

I don't simply support someone based on someone telling to support that individual, if I was that way, I would have blindly voted for Obama in 2008.

Quite simply I don't know where you live, but it's clear you have no idea of the level of corruption in Illinois, particularly Chicago.

To be blunt I really don't care what your opinion is of Newt Gingrich, because you'd be voting for Obama anyways, so why should I care.

I for one am sick of Obama trying to pit one American against another American, and quite frankly even Rick Perry would be a better President than who we have right now.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 11:22 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear, my opinion of Newt Gingrich is based on research I conducted myself, I don't simply listen to talking heads.

No it isn't. Your "research" is based only on sources that interest you, and that are pro-Gingrich.

Inuyasha wrote:
I've watched all the debates thus far, I have been watching Gingrich's speeches (which he does not use a teleprompter), I've been reading stuff that he has written on issues.

And, you still know very little about him

Inuyasha wrote:
I don't simply support someone based on someone telling to support that individual, if I was that way, I would have blindly voted for Obama in 2008.

No, because Fox Noise did not endorse Obama.

Inuyasha wrote:
Quite simply I don't know where you live, but it's clear you have no idea of the level of corruption in Illinois, particularly Chicago.

Gingrich is even more corrupt than Chicago.

Inuyasha wrote:
To be blunt I really don't care what your opinion is of Newt Gingrich, because you'd be voting for Obama anyways, so why should I care.

You only care about the opinions of your heros on Fox Noise.

Inuyasha wrote:
I for one am sick of Obama trying to pit one American against another American, and quite frankly even Rick Perry would be a better President than who we have right now.

Which is what Fox Noise wants you to believe.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 11:32 pm

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

No it isn't. Your "research" is based only on sources that interest you, and that are pro-Gingrich.

You have absolutely no idea what all I have read, I've only presented here what I have chosen to present.

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

And, you still know very little about him

Were you aware the IRS cleared him of all charges, and that only ethics violation was due to his lawyer screwing up some paperwork...

Were you also aware that one of the people heading up the investigation team was Nancy Pelosi whom as we've found out recently conducts insider trading among other things...

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

No, because Fox Noise did not endorse Obama.

I didn't vote for Obama because I actually listened to what he was saying and all his crazy friends such as an unrepentent domestic terrorist named Bill Ayers.

Then there was his pastor of 20+ years Rev. Wright.

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Gingrich is even more corrupt than Chicago.

More like you have no clue what you are talking about, you act like you think every Republican is evil incarnent, so excuse me if I don't consider that you have any good sense of charecter judgement.

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

You only care about the opinions of your heros on Fox Noise.

There are times I disagree with what people say on Fox News, and times I agree with them. I form my own opinions. Just stop with the Saul Allinski style attacks, they are not going to work cause your attacks are so blatently obvious.

pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Actually it is a variation of something Rush Limbaugh said that I happen to agree with.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 11:33 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Actually it is a variation of something Rush Limbaugh said that I happen to agree with.

Rush Limbaugh is a flaming idiot.