Page 1 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 12:38 pm

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2011/ ... christians

Quote:
RUSH: President Obama has deployed troops to another war, in Africa, ladies and gentlemen. Jacob Tapper, ABC News, is reporting that Obama has sent 100 US troops to Uganda to help combat Lord's Resistance Army. Tapper reporting today: "Two days ago President Obama authorized the deployment to Uganda of approximately 100 combat-equipped U.S. forces to help regional forces 'remove from the battlefield' -- meaning capture or kill -- Lord’s Resistance Army leader Joseph Kony and senior leaders of the LRA." I wonder how the Wall Street crowd is gonna react when they find out that Obama has sent troops to another war? "Mr. Limbaugh, it's just 100 peacekeepers." Yep, yep, yep, that's how Libya started, and, by the way, there's no end in sight for Libya.

"The forces will deploy beginning with a small group and grow over the next month to 100. They will ultimately go to Uganda, South Sudan, the Central African Republic, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo." A hundred people are gonna go to all those places? "The president made this announcement in a letter to House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, Friday afternoon, saying that 'deploying these U.S. Armed Forces furthers U.S. national security interests and foreign policy and will be a significant contribution toward counter-LRA efforts in central Africa.'" LRA is Lord's Resistance Army. And it doesn't mean God's resistance army. Lord is some Lord, some guy. A "Defense Department official tells ABC’s Luis Martinez at the Pentagon that the U.S. troops will be in Africa 'for a few months in an advisory role.'" One hundred troops in an advisory role.

So nothing to worry about here, folks, only gonna be for a few months. Now, up until today, most Americans have never heard of the combat Lord's Resistance Army. And here we are at war with them. Have you ever heard of Lord's Resistance Army, Dawn? How about you, Brian? Snerdley, have you? You never heard of Lord's Resistance Army? Well, proves my contention, most Americans have never heard of it, and here we are at war with them. Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. It means God. I was only kidding. Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops to remove them from the battlefield, which means kill them. That's what the lingo means, "to help regional forces remove from the battlefield," meaning capture or kill.

So that's a new war, a hundred troops to wipe out Christians in Sudan, Uganda, and -- (interruption) no, I'm not kidding. Jacob Tapper just reported it. Now, are we gonna help the Egyptians wipe out the Christians? Wouldn't you say that we are? I mean the Coptic Christians are being wiped out, but it wasn't just Obama that supported that. The conservative intelligentsia thought it was an outbreak of democracy. Now they've done a 180 on that, but they forgot that they supported it in the first place. Now they're criticizing it.

Lord's Resistance Army objectives. I have them here. "To remove dictatorship and stop the oppression of our people." Now, again Lord's Resistance Army is who Obama sent troops to help nations wipe out. The objectives of the Lord's Resistance Army, what they're trying to accomplish with their military action in these countries is the following: "To remove dictatorship and stop the oppression of our people; to fight for the immediate restoration of the competitive multiparty democracy in Uganda; to see an end to gross violation of human rights and dignity of Ugandans; to ensure the restoration of peace and security in Uganda, to ensure unity, sovereignty, and economic prosperity beneficial to all Ugandans, and to bring to an end the repressive policy of deliberate marginalization of groups of people who may not agree with the LRA ideology." Those are the objectives of the group that we are fighting, or who are being fought and we are joining in the effort to remove them from the battlefield.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 12:54 pm

Rush is an idiot. So are you.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 12:57 pm

1) Lord's Resistance Army is a fanatically-religious rebel group, seeking to overthrow an existing government for the specific purpose of replacing it with a theocracy. Think of them as the Christian equivalent of the Taliban, seeking to run a nation by using an extremely strict (and oddly varied) interpretation of Holy Writ as the only law. (I saw "oddly varied" because their supposed strict adherence to the Ten Commandments somehow still leaves them free to commit murder, kidnapping, torture, and various other atrocities in the name of their cause.)

2) This is not the Uganda of the 1970s - it is currently a parliamentary republic, with an elected president. There have been allegations of irregularities in the last election, in 2006; however, since the presidential term there is five years, they're due for a new election soon. If this rebel group were a valid political force, they could well seek to take control of the government the legal way.

3) The 100 US Army soldier sent there are not there to fight, merely to train the locals in modern weapons and tactics. This is not at all the same situation as, say, Vietnam, when "advisors" were being sent over in the thousands, with tanks and artillery.

4) Rush Limbaugh is either an idiot or a hypocritical liar. He makes wild statements like these, acts as if he's giving you "news", then, when called on their variance from reality, claims he doesn't have to tell the truth because he's "just an entertainer".

The more you know...

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 1:03 pm

Don't educate the ignorant political and/or religious extremists - it will take away all the reasons we have to call them idiots.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 2:11 pm

Based on my reading of the bible, I'm pretty sure that Jesus would tell these clowns that he never knew 'em.

Matthew 7:15 through 7:23, for example.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 2:15 pm

Consider the source ... a pill-popping blow-hard with an axe to grind against anyone outside his narrow definition of "Patriotic American".

Rush Limbaugh is a putz.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 2:17 pm

While I wouldn't want to see Uganda run by the LRA, I have heard that President Musaveni is a bit of an autocrat (though nowhere near as bad as Amin), and he needs to go.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 2:17 pm

While I wouldn't want to see Uganda run by the LRA, I have heard that President Musaveni is a bit of an autocrat (though nowhere near as bad as Amin), and he needs to go.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 2:20 pm

Ichinin wrote:
Don't educate the ignorant political and/or religious extremists - it will take away all the reasons we have to call them idiots.

Because then they wouldn't be idiots. :D

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 2:30 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

Both sides in Uganda are probably just as guilty as the other side, so I think the fact that Obama is deciding to support one side over the other is rather telling.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 2:36 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Both sides in Uganda are probably just as guilty as the other side, so I think the fact that Obama is deciding to support one side over the other is rather telling.

You mean he's a secret muslim after all?

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 2:40 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

I'm not going as far as saying that, I will say he is doing everything he can to help those that want the United States to be destroyed.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 2:44 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

I'm not going as far as saying that, I will say he is doing everything he can to help those that want the United States to be destroyed.

Whatever dude.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 2:52 pm

blauSamstag wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
blauSamstag wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Whatever dude.
Then why didn't he do something to help the Iranian people when they were protesting?

Why is he ignoring the attrocities in Syria (considering the person controlling Syria is an enemy of the United States there would be a strategic reason)?

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 2:57 pm

:roll:

I gather that you jokers didn't read the entire link.

At the end, Mr. Lardbutt says

Quote:
Is that right? The Lord's Resistance Army is being accused of really bad stuff? Child kidnapping, torture, murder, that kind of stuff? Well, we just found out about this today. We're gonna do, of course, our due diligence research on it. But nevertheless we got a hundred troops being sent over there to fight these guys -- and they claim to be Christians.

First, he accuses President Obama of nefariously planning to slaughter Christians in various African countries. Then, later in the same show, he reveals that he has just found out that "The Lord's Resistance Army" was being accused of "really bad stuff: child kidnapping, torture, murder, that kind of stuff." No, he promises that he is going to perform some "due diligence research."

He got his information, in the first place, from ABC

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... ance-army/

where it says

Quote:
for more than two decades the Lord's Resistance Army has been responsible for having “murdered, raped, and kidnapped tens of thousands of men, women, and children in central Africa” and continues to “commit atrocities across the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and South Sudan that have a disproportionate impact on regional security.”

Fatty obviously didn't bother reading the whole article before rushing to accuse our president of plotting to kill innocent African Christians.

The Right Wing Nut Jobs are obviously getting desperate in their efforts to smear our president.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 3:23 pm

pandabear wrote:
:roll:

I gather that you jokers didn't read the entire link.

At the end, Mr. Lardbutt says

Quote:
Is that right? The Lord's Resistance Army is being accused of really bad stuff? Child kidnapping, torture, murder, that kind of stuff? Well, we just found out about this today. We're gonna do, of course, our due diligence research on it. But nevertheless we got a hundred troops being sent over there to fight these guys -- and they claim to be Christians.

First, he accuses President Obama of nefariously planning to slaughter Christians in various African countries. Then, later in the same show, he reveals that he has just found out that "The Lord's Resistance Army" was being accused of "really bad stuff: child kidnapping, torture, murder, that kind of stuff." No, he promises that he is going to perform some "due diligence research."

He got his information, in the first place, from ABC

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... ance-army/

where it says

Quote:
for more than two decades the Lord's Resistance Army has been responsible for having “murdered, raped, and kidnapped tens of thousands of men, women, and children in central Africa” and continues to “commit atrocities across the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and South Sudan that have a disproportionate impact on regional security.”

Fatty obviously didn't bother reading the whole article before rushing to accuse our president of plotting to kill innocent African Christians.

The Right Wing Nut Jobs are obviously getting desperate in their efforts to smear our president.

The governments there have been accused of attrocities too, furthermore doesn't Sudan still allow slavery?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudan

Wow so we're supporting at least one government that endorses slavery now...