Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 5:07 pm

Hey, Was wondering if anyone has ever met or been the victim of Satanists?

At this point I won't go into too much detail but do not want to confuse the definition of Satanism
by mixing it up with Anton Lavey's church of Satanism. I know, those who are into the books written by Anton Lavey's church of Satanism will argue that Lavey's version isn't Satanism. Although i would argue that what fruit does this tree bear? But that's a topic for another thread, please keep on subject for this thread please. Thanks

voidofcontext
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2016, 5:09 pm

I've met a few and they have been some of the most open and understanding people I have ever encountered.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 5:13 pm

How did you know they were truly Satanists? Did they practice ritual Magick?

voidofcontext
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2016, 5:20 pm

I took them at their word and we discussed the differences between the different branches and approaches under the umbrella term of Satanism (LaVeyan, theistic, etc) and the charity work that the Satanic Temple does along side their testing of boundaries regarding the separation of church and state. It was very interesting.

I don't ask people of other religions about their prayer and ritual habits, so I wouldn't ask Satanists either.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 5:23 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
Hey, Was wondering if anyone has ever met or been the victim of Satanists?

At this point I won't go into too much detail but do not want to confuse the definition of Satanism
by mixing it up with Anton Lavey's church of Satanism. I know, those who are into the books written by Anton Lavey's church of Satanism will argue that Lavey's version isn't Satanism. Although i would argue that what fruit does this tree bear? But that's a topic for another thread, please keep on subject for this thread please. Thanks

Why would they argue that version isn't satanism when they identify as satanists? and yes I have met satanists, never been the 'victim' of one as they aren't generally vicious people.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 5:39 pm

I would say that the Satanism that people practice or at least think they practice today is likely pseudo Satanism.
Satanism, like Christianity, has a lengthy history and heritage.

I also note that with Satanism and magick symbols being very prominent in pop culture and especially being featured in a great deal of subcultures centered around various bands and music scenes, that a fair amount of people who call themselves Satanists are more so pseudo Satanists or pulp satanists rather than fully fledged members of an underground network of people who practice such a faith.

I live on a small island in the UK, a place that has links with the history of Royalty and with the practice of traditional witchcraft. This island, also is an offshore tax haven. Ideal for networks of Satanists to flourish.

With regards to the Church of Satanism. I have encountered several people who regard themselves as LaVey Satanists and members of the Church of Satanism. However, these people disassociate themselves from what previously is referred to as Satanism, saying that they do not participate in any distasteful acts such as child abduction, child molestation, murder etc.

I fully understand why they would disassociate themselves with the traditional Satanism.
No one I know wants to be known as a child molestor etc.

I was just wondering as to what ritual practices other people practice.
Dont get me wrong, i am not here to judge. I am also not here to confess, as i am not any type of Satanist.
But just am quiet fascinated in the phenomena and was also wondering what the people got out of this religious belief. especially these days, now that Christian Churches are not so prominent or dominant.

If people are free to not to belong to any church, then is there really a need to rebel against anything that no longer has control?

voidofcontext
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2016, 5:49 pm

madbutnotmad wrote:
I fully understand why they would disassociate themselves with the traditional Satanism.
No one I know wants to be known as a child molestor etc.

I do believe that Satanic Ritual Abuse has been largely debunked as a practice after the "Satanic Panic" of the 70's and 80's. It would take a bit of digging on my part, so if you would like further reference/citation, please be patient with me. If such a practice is in occurrence now, it is likely to have been inspired by such false histories rather than strict tradition.

I used to live in Reading, near Foxhill House. A building that is fascinating due to its links with Aleister Crowley and its mish-mash of occult and Christian iconography.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 6:02 pm

I know of loads of different types of Satanists, it can get a bit argumentative when you involve the different types, some even argue that there aren't different types and the magic/ritual stuff is just a load of bollocks and that Satanism is about pleasing yourself lol. You find a lot of people into stuff like this in the various goth communities around the UK.

From the ones I've met they've always been really open minded caring people, always had nice intelligent discussions with them. I've never met someone who seriously claimed to be a Satanist and did something bad. You hear of the unintelligent muppets doing it because they think they're cool and edgy but those aren't even real Satanists anyways, just posers with arsonist tendancies.

Out of anyone I've ever met into anything remotely like magic/satanism/whatever it would be sanguinarians that have ever done anything bad. They cut a girl open at a party I was at and left her with a massive scar because they didn't do it properly, other than that anything that was ever dark/alternative has always been full of actual nice people who were of reasonable intelligence.

OP when you say, victim of, what do you actually mean?

Someone told me that metalheads are scary, I kinda wonder what they must think of Satanists haha.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 6:06 pm

The problem with any "debunking", due to the dishonest nature of Satanism or Satanists and perhaps how potentially wide spread Satanism may be, is it possible to debunk anything. It's a bit like trying to debunk the fact that some people are liars by saying, well they said their not liars...

I don't know. If you suffer from ASD/ASC and are one of the people who can identify patterns in things around them with ease, as I am. I am not so sure if you would be so skeptical.

I live on a small island with a fairly small population. 100,000.ish.
and have noticed over the past 10 years deaths occurring frequently almost every full moon.

I have also noticed people go missing every now and then, which does happen to coincide with magically significant dates featured on the Satanic calendar.

I have even had a couple of people in my family die on full moons, one who apparently commit suicide by throwing herself off a cliff while drinking whisky. The funny thing is, she was always T-total.
And the cliff that she choose to throw herself off, had an ancient fortification built on it, which had a plaque on it that explained that the fort had been built by someone with the same surname as myself (but not my aunt).

In addition, people whom i went to school with are all dying in fairly suspicious circumstances.
One guy for example apparently electrocuted himself while fixing a microwave. However, instead of being found fried on the spot, as you would expect.

He was found sat comfortably on his coach in his living room with a big spliff in his mouth. Again on a full moon.
I think all of it is particularly suspicious.

voidofcontext
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Dec 2016, 6:17 pm

I would say that I do exist with an ASD and while my pattern recognition isn't sterling, I have a certain unique observational grasp.

What I would say though, is that correlation and causation may appear similar but are incredibly different things. I don't think we will be changing each others minds particularly soon but I would be very interested to be kept up to date.

For my part in this, I'd recommend reading literature by Prof. McHugh about the unreliable testimony and phenomena of false memory.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 6:22 pm

Lunella wrote:
OP when you say, victim of, what do you actually mean?

Thanks for your reply and all the info. Very helpful. What i mean with regards to victim is people who have been victimised by a gang or coven's of people, who focus their bullying and victimisation towards an individual ritualistically on significant dates in their process of ritual satanic abuse or what they may call worship.

I believe my ex-wife was a covert ritual satanist, along with the family that she came from (who incidentally were related to some people who were involved in an national scandal in the mid 80s where they were caught killing hundreds of domestic animals and putting the remains under their floor boards...yuk!).

My ex-wife constantly caused unprovoked trouble on full moons, pulled knives on me with provocation a number of times and I believe tried to murder me on a blood full moon. Her main ex-boy friends were into magick including one who wrote a book on magick. An ex-friend of mine also explained how he, my ex-wife and her ex-boy friend made her ex-boyfriends dad commit suicide when they were about 17, when they were trying to do magic to bring money to them. Her ex-b friend then inherited the money, and they were convinced in the power since then.

The island that i live is a strange place, that has some strange people living on it.
There has always had quiet a few odd sods into dark arts, including a number of people in the entertainment industry who stashed their money in the offshore tax accounts, or who had connections to the island.
One person in particular, that has connections with the island is a guy or now should i say transexual who goes under the name of p-oridge. Who boasts being into all sorts of dark magic for many years.

What is interesting, i have noticed since the early to mid 90s people dying periodically of either unexplained causes or unexplained murders with most the people dying being connected in some way to this group of raver clowns.
(i used to go to raves too, so no offense to ravers. just the ones i speak of are clowns for doing the horrible things that they are doing).

Some of the people involved come from families that have a lot of money such as kids of lawyers, and police etc.
So i guess they just get away with it all time and time again because they know how the system works because they designed or at least inherited the system.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 6:31 pm

I have a family member who was a victim of ritualistic abuse for nearly 10 years in a satanic cult.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 7:14 pm

I've met all kinds of people.

A handful who practiced ritual mutilation, and happily used emotional abuse to recruit people to their, um, coven or whatever. Not nice people. Very damaged, not interested in healing, more interested in power and revenge. I don't know where they got their ideas from-- Christianity or the media or the "Satanic Panic" or Jack Chick or where-ever. I'm glad I don't know them any more, and I hope I don't meet any others.

Organized Satanists. Mostly OK people. The idea that oneself is the most holy thing around and self-service is the most sacred thing one can do really doesn't work for me, but mostly OK people. Takes all kinds to make a world, man.

Sounds like your ex might be one of the former. Glad she's your EX. Hope you don't have kids with her.

As far as "dark magick" goes-- ergh. I got enough of an Independent Fundamental Baptist upbringing that I don't really like getting into it. Heard enough about the devil and rock-n-roll that I'm inclined to be a sweetness-n-light Pagan (except that just isn't in my nature).

Assume for a minute that magic/magick exists (and not just as tricks of sleight-of-hand; let's say it exists as sleight-of-mind and scientific principles that we have yet to understand or even recognize).

If it can be used in positive, constructive, kind, helpful, "good" ways, then it stands to reason that it can be used in negative, destructive, nasty, hurtful, "bad" ways too. It's a tool, without any inherent morality of its own. You can use a hammer to build a house. You can also use a hammer to bash someone's head in. The hammer doesn't care. It's up to the user.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 7:21 pm

Luciferians are basically the same religion as Oprah-ism and Positive Christianity.

Satanists do wrong and want you to know it, especially if you're in the middle of virtue signaling. They make you into a better criminal. Don't name names, because they'll be proud.