Page 1 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 8:37 pm

In a move that can only help both of them, Newt Gingrich asked Jon Huntsman to join him at a Lincoln-Douglas style debate, the type he's been promoting as what he wants to have and which he held with Herman Cain in Texas last month. And Huntsman, who needs to rise in the polls, accepted.

"We look forward to discussing the issues that matter to the American people in a serious, substantive debate with Speaker Gingrich later this month," said a statement from Hunstman's camp, which dinged Mitt Romney for rejecting such an offer from Gingrich earlier. "It is telling that Governor Romney has declined to participate because this substantive format makes it hard for him to hide from his record."

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/jon-huntsman/ ... z1fQnKuPOe

Personally I think this benefits Newt and Huntsman at the expense of Romney.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 8:59 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
In a move that can only help both of them, Newt Gingrich asked Jon Huntsman to join him at a Lincoln-Douglas style debate, the type he's been promoting as what he wants to have and which he held with Herman Cain in Texas last month. And Huntsman, who needs to rise in the polls, accepted.

"We look forward to discussing the issues that matter to the American people in a serious, substantive debate with Speaker Gingrich later this month," said a statement from Hunstman's camp, which dinged Mitt Romney for rejecting such an offer from Gingrich earlier. "It is telling that Governor Romney has declined to participate because this substantive format makes it hard for him to hide from his record."

I lettered in Lincoln-Douglas debate in Highschool true story.
I agree but still think that Mitt is the republican to beat.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 9:15 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I lettered in Lincoln-Douglas debate in Highschool true story.
I agree but still think that Mitt is the republican to beat.

I don't think it is anymore, cause Huntsman and Newt will be holding this in New Hampshire. Gingrich has nothing to lose, however the fact Romney chickened out, makes me wonder if he'd do the same with Obama.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

02 Dec 2011, 9:20 pm

I wonder if this will be like that last debate Newt did with Herman where they agree and everything and verbally fellatiate each other.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 9:28 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I wonder if this will be like that last debate Newt did with Herman where they agree and everything and verbally fellatiate each other.

If that's what you call having a discussion without trying to murder each other... :roll:

I'm guessing that Gingrich invited Ron Paul to a debate and Ron Paul acted like Mittens cause he knows he'd get clobbered.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 10:18 pm

Huntsman is the moderate candidate so he would be more likely to cut into the Romney vote than another candidate, which is why this debate could be beneficial to Gingrich.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 10:23 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

If that's what you call having a discussion without trying to murder each other... :roll:

I'm guessing that Gingrich invited Ron Paul to a debate and Ron Paul acted like Mittens cause he knows he'd get clobbered.

lol that would be pretty funny. Pretty sure Newt doesn't have the guts to make that challenge and Newt would poop his pants if Ron challenged him. I hope it happens.

Maybe I'm being too hard on this debate format tho, Newt didn't have a lot to work with last time with poor lil Hermie.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 11:15 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

lol that would be pretty funny. Pretty sure Newt doesn't have the guts to make that challenge and Newt would poop his pants if Ron challenged him. I hope it happens.

Maybe I'm being too hard on this debate format tho, Newt didn't have a lot to work with last time with poor lil Hermie.

Actually he's been trying to get each candidate to debate him one on one, just looks like Ron Paul is scared like Mittens is.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2011, 11:52 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Actually he's been trying to get each candidate to debate him one on one, just looks like Ron Paul is scared like Mittens is.

you should preface that with a "I don't have the facts to back this up but..." like Herman Cain does with pretty much everything

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2011, 5:21 am

I think Gingrich is planning to debate Huntsman in order to showcase how hard right he is when compared to a candidates who's... you know... sane.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 12:12 am

Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

you should preface that with a "I don't have the facts to back this up but..." like Herman Cain does with pretty much everything

There is enough facts to back this up considering the Romney Camp refused to debate Gingrich one on one, Huntsman however accepted the invitation.

I seriously doubt Ron Paul could debate Newt Gingrich.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 12:43 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

There is enough facts to back this up considering the Romney Camp refused to debate Gingrich one on one, Huntsman however accepted the invitation.

He can and has. Ron has been in all 10 debates that Gingrich has participated in.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 12:51 am

Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

He can and has. Ron has been in all 10 debates that Gingrich has participated in.

Not in a 1 on 1 situation, also Ron Paul will not be attending a Presidential Forum on December 7th.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 1:17 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Not in a 1 on 1 situation, also Ron Paul will not be attending a Presidential Forum on December 7th.

They've had a few exchanges but Newt has done his best to avoid any and all actual debating in the debates. His schtick is to complain about the question and or moderator then dance around the question saying nothing of substance at all. Either that or straight up lie like he does when he talks about his involvement with Freddie Mac.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 1:22 am

Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

They've had a few exchanges but Newt has done his best to avoid any and all actual debating in the debates. His schtick is to complain about the question and or moderator then dance around the question saying nothing of substance at all. Either that or straight up lie like he does when he talks about his involvement with Freddie Mac.

Newt considers his only opponent to be Obama, he's not going to start flinging poo around like Paul is.

If you'll notice, Newt has largely been following the Republican's 11th Commandment.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 2:24 am

I suppose that is the strategy you should choose when you can't defend your record. However, you certainly don't seem to be a believer of this so called "11th commandment".

BTW, Educating people on the positions of your primary opponents doesn't = "poop flinging". You'll never see Ron talking about Cain or Newt's multiple infidelities, he's simply too nice and too focused on the issues.