Is Islamophobia any more justified than anti-Semitism?

Page 3 of 12 [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

Is Islamophobia any more justified than anti-Semitism?
No, they're both based on false/overblown fears 66%  66%  [ 23 ]
Yes, because Jews have always been peaceful, and Muslims actually DO hate us 34%  34%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 35

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 7:59 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
You have to enlighten me on the relevancy of those places.

Because these places are those where very large numbers of Muslims live and, let me tell you, it really is like being in a foreign country driving through those.

What I'm trying to get at is this: is Dearborn integrated with American culture and identity at large and are they well-integrated? Because here in the UK, mostly, we tend not to mix too much, especially up here. Because those places certainly don't feel like they are - they're in the UK but they're not really of the UK.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:11 pm

Tequila wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
You have to enlighten me on the relevancy of those places.

Because these places are those where very large numbers of Muslims live and, let me tell you, it really is like being in a foreign country driving through those.

What I'm trying to get at is this: is Dearborn integrated with American culture and identity at large and are they well-integrated? Because here in the UK, mostly, we tend not to mix too much, especially up here. Because those places certainly don't feel like they are - they're in the UK but they're not really of the UK.

Dearborn is an American town where many of it's citizens worship at Masques, and might wear Middle Eastern clothing. But otherwise, it's no different from any other American community.
The insane lady who had run for senate against Harry Reed in Nevada named Sharon Angle had proven herself to be one of those Islamaphobic politicians I had made mention of, when she had claimed Shariah law was practiced in Dearborn. It is not, was not, and never will be. She just wanted to score political points by steering up those as ignorant as her.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:14 pm

Do the women wear niqabs or burqas?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:17 pm

Tequila wrote:
Do the women wear niqabs or burqas?

From news footage I've seen, quite a few do. But with American Muslim women, it's a choice they make in wearing traditional Islamic clothing, as opposed to being forced to, as they often would be forced to do in their countries of origin.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
But with American Muslim women, it's a choice they make in wearing traditional Islamic clothing

What would happen if, say, supermarkets in those areas decided to deny access to women wearing these garments do you think? In Britain I doubt they'd dare do that.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:28 pm

Tequila wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
But with American Muslim women, it's a choice they make in wearing traditional Islamic clothing

What would happen if, say, supermarkets in those areas decided to deny access to women wearing these garments do you think? In Britain I doubt they'd dare do that.

Then I dare say the owners and/or managers of those supermarkets would be charged with violating those women's civil rights. To discriminate against anyone due to race, religion, or national origin is highly illegal.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
To discriminate against anyone due to race, religion, or national origin is highly illegal.

Is it illegal to discriminate against people wearing masks in shops or banks in the U.S.? Note: I'm not referring to the hijab here or any headscarf that shows the face.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:36 pm

Tequila wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
To discriminate against anyone due to race, religion, or national origin is highly illegal.

Is it illegal to discriminate against people wearing masks in shops or banks in the U.S.? Note: I'm not referring to the hijab here or any headscarf that shows the face.

A mask is usually not going to have any religious significance. And it's actually illegal to wear a mask into a bank, I believe.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
A mask is usually not going to have any religious significance. And it's actually illegal to wear a mask into a bank, I believe.

Muslims in the UK are allowed to wear masks into banks and shops (a privilege that certainly does not apply to the rest of us) and through airports although they have to identify themselves in airports when asked.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:41 pm

pandabear wrote:

An "anti-Semite" would, I think, be against people of Semitic race, including Arabs and many Jews. A lot of Jews are not Semites.

The term "anti-semite" and "anti-semitic" were coined by the German writer Wilhelm Marr in the late 19th century. He defined the term, he coined the term specifically to mean Judenhasse. hatred of Jews.

So please do not spew that crap that disliking Muslims is anti-semitism. It isn't.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Marr

ruveyn

Last edited by ruveyn on 14 Dec 2011, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:42 pm

ruveyn wrote:
So please do not spew that crap that disliking Muslims is anti-semitism. It isn't.

Wouldn't the term "Jew-hatred" be better?

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 8:58 pm

Tequila wrote:
artrat wrote:
Zionist are Jewish nationalist and it is the same thing as hating Nazis. They think they are the master race and would take over the world if they could.

Can you pass me the "Zionist" version of Mein Kampf that mentions this? What utter bigoted rot you do talk.

You clearly need to look up the phrase judeo-fascism. I dont know how you can only quote one section of what I posted and call it "bigoted".
I would be a bigot if I defended the Muslims and I did not. I just pointed out that the Jews are not perfectly innocent.
I think that you want to disagree with me personally because I strongly support Palestine and you dislike Muslims.

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 9:03 pm

artrat wrote:
You clearly need to look up the phrase judeo-fascism. I dont know how you can only quote one section of what I posted and call it "bigoted".

No, now come along. You said to me that the Zionists - or was it the Joos? - are taking over the world. "Judeofascism" comes across as Jew-hatred to me and all the websites I've seen on your advice seems to back that up.

Come on then: how are Joos taking over the world? Perhaps you could ask ruveyn about it? I'm sure he'd give you all the latest news on their plan for world domination and all.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 9:04 pm

Tequila wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

Wouldn't the term "Jew-hatred" be better?

That term is plainer and less likely to be abused or distorted.

ruveyn

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

13 Dec 2011, 9:13 pm

I always find a purpose to these types of thread difficult to comprehend because they seem to be just an excuse to flirt with ideas which would, but for the tiniest twist of language, circumstance or setting - be condemned immediately as outrageously bigoted or overtly racist.

What's the point of asking if one hateful behaviour is more justified than some other hateful behaviour, when either in isolation is already unquestionably nasty?
Why is it considered necessary or even interesting to compare them?

artrat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 10:03 pm

Tequila wrote:
artrat wrote:

No, now come along. You said to me that the Zionists - or was it the Joos? - are taking over the world. "Judeofascism" comes across as Jew-hatred to me and all the websites I've seen on your advice seems to back that up.

Come on then: how are Joos taking over the world? Perhaps you could ask ruveyn about it? I'm sure he'd give you all the latest news on their plan for world domination and all.

I said that zionist not all jews would like to take over the world. I did not say that they were. The websites you are looking at are obviously Conservative websites or Zionist websites.

The definition judeofascism- A word used to describe the fascist tendencies of certain jews who, for instance, try to stifle all criticism of israel/judaism by crying 'anti-semitism'. Or jews who believe that non-jews are not as human as jews, etc.

I don't know how that comes across as jew hatred since I don't hate jews at all.

You should be a polititian because you are very good at twisting people's words around. I think that you care about winning the argument more than you care about the actual issue.

"I belive in God, only I spell it Nature."
~ Frank Llyod Wright