Page 12 of 15 [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 10:38 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:
THEN CANADA, ALRIGHT?!?!

We're getting closer but Canada is still not the United States. There is disgruntlement from a considerable amount of Canadians about their system and, hey, we can’t have that now can we? Remember, no child left behind……..right?
You gave me an idea, though: You could flee this horrible country with its persecution by "plutocrats" or whatever and immigrate to freedom and assured prosperity in Canada, the land of (imaginary) milk and honey for so many of you American liberals.

Quote:
And yes, I am convinced Obama cares a lot more about ordinary people than any of the plutocrats on the Republican side do.

Oh please! :roll: He’s a politician and like all politicians only interested in getting elected or re-elected. It’s not about "care" it’s about who can take the helm for four years and do the least damage and maybe, just maybe, do something for the overall good of the nation if they have a clue as to what that might be in reality.

Quote:
In fact, give me an example of how said plutocrats have bettered the lives of ordinary people.

I don’t know, I’ve never met a politician from Pluto. I imagine they like to come here to thaw out.

I'm a proud American, so don't ever forget that. I wouldn't trade the USA for all of western Europe, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, or anywhere else.
I criticize only because I care about my country and it's people, and the last thing I want is to see the forces of reaction and plutocracy drag us into the third world.
And have you even listened to the Republican presidential candidates, or the tea baggers? There is absolutely no concern for ordinary people and the poor; only contempt. They claim anyone who even questions class disparity are only driven by envy. So, yes, in that regard, Obama definitely cares more about people like me than the Republicans who have the rich man's scrotum in their mouths.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:
I'm a proud American, so don't ever forget that.

So I’m prouder.

Quote:
I wouldn't trade the USA for all of western Europe, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, or anywhere else.

So you want to keep our big chunk of land and import their economics, laws, and social standards?
Have your cake and eat it to, eh?
Sure sounds like it………..

Quote:
I criticize only because I care about my country and it's people, and the last thing I want is to see the forces of reaction and plutocracy drag us into the third world.

The country is in the state it’s in because of two things: No one really cares enough to take a meaningful interest and not enough people can agree on what’s right and what’s wrong.

Quote:
And have you even listened to the Republican presidential candidates, or the tea baggers? There is absolutely no concern for ordinary people and the poor; only contempt. They claim anyone who even questions class disparity are only driven by envy. So, yes, in that regard, Obama definitely cares more about people like me than the Republicans who have the rich man's scrotum in their mouths.

Um, that’s political posturing no matter what comes out of their mouths. And to answer your question, no, I don’t normally listen to politician’s campaign speeches. I look at their voting records, what pieces of legislation they have proposed, and their moral principles to get a picture of their competence (from a conservative viewpoint). Moral principles last because most of them simply don’t have enough of them to my liking, Republicans and Democrats alike.

Quote:
…..Republicans who have the rich man's scrotum in their mouths.

I can’t help but notice that you and some of your liberal cohorts tend to resort to vulgarity. As an accomplished vulgarian myself I can appreciate the creativity of it but in debate it only spells sad desperation…..

Prouder, eh? As you don't know me personally, I doubt that you can gauge my love of country, no more than I could gauge yours.
And I know Gingrich and Santorum and their voting records well enough to know that they mean every hateful word they spout from their holes.
And no, my vulgarities aren't driven by desperation, but just because I like to sometimes be vulgar.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:
Prouder, eh? As you don't know me personally, I doubt that you can gauge my love of country, no more than I could gauge yours.

Well I had to say that just because it came off as a challenge, but whatever……

Quote:
And I know Gingrich and Santorum and their voting records well enough to know that they mean every hateful word they spout from their holes.

Here’s an idea :idea: : Don’t vote for them!

Quote:
And no, my vulgarities aren't driven by desperation, but just because I like to sometimes be vulgar.

Uh huh………….sure.

Anyhow, who’s next month’s boogeyman going to be for you all?
You had Michelle, Sarah, Herman, and Ron, to name a few, to wring your hands over now Mitt and Newt.
We could have Barack for 20 years and I’d lose less sleep (if any) over it than the mere thought of one of the above does to your kind.
What’s it like to be a prisoner of your fears?

Not a challenge, but a bit of umbrage on my part.
And I certainly have no plan to vote for Santorum or the Gingrich who stole Christmas. My fear is that plenty of others still will.
Which leads me into the next point - yes, I admit I'm afraid of the bogeyman. Especially if the bogeyman is only interested in making the rich richer, cutting all the more social services (such as the special education my autistic daughter needs), and has obscenely ridiculous religious notions far outside the mainstream so popular in right wing circles today.
And yes, sometimes I am vulgar just for the f**k of it.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 10:56 pm

Raptor wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Quote:
The people in our government could not run a lemonade stand at a profit.

And the lemonade would taste terrible but cost as much as cognac!

You bet!

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 11:20 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Raptor wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Quote:

You bet!

ruveyn

I can assure you, if the lemonade stand got turned over to the insurance industry, not only would the cost of lemonade be out of reach of many looking for a drink on a hot day, but others would in the end be denied lemonade even after paying for it. Then there's those who would be denied lemonade for preexisting conditions.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 11:25 pm

[quote="Kraichgauer"

I can assure you, if the lemonade stand got turned over to the insurance industry, not only would the cost of lemonade be out of reach of many looking for a drink on a hot day, but others would in the end be denied lemonade even after paying for it. Then there's those who would be denied lemonade for preexisting conditions.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer[/quote]

In short your government has been bribed by private interest. And you have the temerity to suggest that an institution of political whores can do good for the public? Are you dreaming? Government is not the solution. Government is the problem. You government is now in the hands of Democrats. Are we better off because of that? Democrat, Republican, these whores, these chippies take the money from their Johns and tilt their pelvises or buttocks upward. And this is what you pin your hopes on? Shame on you.

We would have a better country if Government did not Sell Out at every possible juncture.

ruveyn

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 11:29 pm

Raptor wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Quote:

It would be given under some stupid brand name like "Big Chief Lemonade"

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 11:31 pm

snapcap wrote:
Raptor wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Quote:

How about "The People's Lemonade"???

ruveyn

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 11:38 pm

ruveyn wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Raptor wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Quote:

ruveyn

How about calling it NASA or Enron?

Tadzio

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 11:41 pm

ruveyn wrote:
snapcap wrote:
Raptor wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Quote:

ruveyn

They used to give out Big Chief Peanut Butter, looked kind of like this.

Switch grocery with peanut butter.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 11:43 pm

ruveyn wrote:
[quote="Kraichgauer"

In short your government has been bribed by private interest. And you have the temerity to suggest that an institution of political whores can do good for the public? Are you dreaming? Government is not the solution. Government is the problem. You government is now in the hands of Democrats. Are we better off because of that? Democrat, Republican, these whores, these chippies take the money from their Johns and tilt their pelvises or buttocks upward. And this is what you pin your hopes on? Shame on you.

We would have a better country if Government did not Sell Out at every possible juncture.

ruveyn[/quote]

We have been sold out, absolutely. I am not disputing that. But I'm certainly not going to be content seeing the whole show handed over to the very private interests that had corrupted much of our elected leaders.
And as a matter of fact, I think things would be worse under the Republicans, as they no longer even seem to pretend to care about ordinary people when they can make the rich and corporate America all the richer.

And "government is the problem?" Please, ruveyn, I expect more from your exceptional mind than mere bumper sticker slogans!

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 12:55 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
And "government is the problem?" Please, ruveyn, I expect more from your exceptional mind than mere bumper sticker slogans!

I think everyone here should stop typing so ferociously and arguing back and forth and in circles. Let's just post pictures of bumper sticker slogans from now on. Give your poor fingers a rest.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 1:02 am

Typical S. Carolina, can't spell Sphinx...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 1:05 am

shrox wrote:

HA! HA!

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 1:06 am

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 1:10 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
shrox wrote:

HA! HA!

Just kidding S.C.! Mr. Spinks started the company.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 1:25 am

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2012, 1:45 am

marshall wrote:

Now that's a sticker I could use!