15 Jan 2012, 4:03 pm

snapcap wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOq3O8g1xw4[/youtube]

Yes, I saw that live!

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 4:04 pm

I think if it came down to Romney vs Obama, I'd just not vote.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xdVmXubIV0[/youtube]

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 4:08 pm

1000Knives wrote:
I think if it came down to Romney vs Obama, I'd just not vote.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xdVmXubIV0[/youtube]

I haven't voted for president since I realized the power of the electoral college, around 1996.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 5:31 pm

cozysweater wrote:
It's just a photo and it's not like he's punting puppies. Crass money waving is the American way :)
I'm more worried that he can't seem to stay consistent on the issues. What exactly would I be voting for?

The one that makes feel you the least nauseous?

It's a sad thing that a politician is either "Closed-Minded" or a "Flip-Flopper" - there seems to be no acceptable middle ground.

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 5:35 pm

If you vote for Obama rather than white Obama, at least he's out after one more term :chin:

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 6:24 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=XW0JTcYeKXg[/youtube]

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2012, 10:38 pm

The other Mormon (what was his name, again?) is quitting the race and endorsing Mitt Romney.

Daj
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jan 2012, 11:27 pm

Why is it OK, even mandatory for a candidate to be a member of a "church." I want a candidate who has "faith" in the founding fathers, philosophy, the constitution, etc. IF faith is necessary for these religions you hear so much about these days, how wouldn't a president belonging to such a group not be treasonous?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 2:50 am

Daj wrote:
Why is it OK, even mandatory for a candidate to be a member of a "church." I want a candidate who has "faith" in the founding fathers, philosophy, the constitution, etc. IF faith is necessary for these religions you hear so much about these days, how wouldn't a president belonging to such a group not be treasonous?

If the fact be known, I have a far greater fear of Perry's evangelicalism, and Santoram's Latin Mass, traditionalist Catholicism than I do of Romney's Mormonism.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 8:22 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Daj wrote:

If the fact be known, I have a far greater fear of Perry's evangelicalism, and Santoram's Latin Mass, traditionalist Catholicism than I do of Romney's Mormonism.

The Mormons regard themselves as a rather select group (Chosen People Syndrome at work). They are not too keen about making the entire world LDS. Particularly those parts of the world where the folks have darker skin.

The Mormons are out to convert people with fair complexions, no zits and even white teeth.

ruveyn

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 8:53 am

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Daj wrote:

The Mormons regard themselves as a rather select group (Chosen People Syndrome at work). They are not too keen about making the entire world LDS. Particularly those parts of the world where the folks have darker skin.

The Mormons are out to convert people with fair complexions, no zits and even white teeth.

ruveyn

They are actually quite active in the South Pacific. People there are rather dark-skinned.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 8:55 am

pandabear wrote:

They are actually quite active in the South Pacific. People there are rather dark-skinned.

Do they even teeth and a good complexion?

ruveyn

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 9:26 am

ruveyn wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Do they even teeth and a good complexion?

ruveyn

Most of them have very good teeth. The complexion is dark, which is good for the tropics. We fair-complexioned folk may suffer sunburn if we aren't careful.

Mormons have about 1/3 of Tonga (and growing), and 1/4 of Samoa.

http://www.adherents.com/largecom/com_lds.html

Here is a pair of Tongan Mormon missionaries

The main temple on Tongatapu

And, a typical Mormon church in Tonga

which are built at regular intervals across the island.

The Mormon church spends a lot of money there, and may have the goal of turning Tonga into the first majority-Mormon country.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 9:30 am

The LDS Church is only a few decades removed from regarding African racial characteristics as the Mark of Cain. I think they may have modified that policy. When African LDS die they are no long banished to the Outer Darkness. They are permitted to live in Dim Light.

ruveyn

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 9:47 am

scarter wrote:
aghogday wrote:
Looks like a private gathering of sales managers and business managers, celebrating surpassing some goal, in the lobby of an upscale car dealership.

No, they probably just finished firing a thousand people and taking the money they saved from "downsizing" and are about to shove it into their own pockets, laughing all the way. And the vehicle in the background is probably their getaway car.

Yeah, this is the part that nobody seems to grasp... But that's because Americans are painfully stupid. :?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2012, 11:29 am

GoonSquad wrote:

Yeah, this is the part that nobody seems to grasp... But that's because Americans are painfully stupid. :?

Stupid enough to have deployed the GPS and put men on the Moon. And we have the best supersonic jet aircraft in the world.

Americans are not stupid (our technology proves it). However we are probably not wise.

ruveyn