Page 59 of 100 [ 1585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 100  Next

myth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 2:19 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
yeah, i was agreeing with you.

Ah, ok sorry. I didn't get that, thanks for the clarification :)

Nothing is absolute.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 2:24 pm

What exactly would gender equality be?........to me it seems that might not allow for the differences males and females have to be acknowledged, and I am not talking about gender roles. I mean of course I think males and females should have equal rights, but males and females are never going to be the exact same thing they do have differences.

03 Apr 2012, 2:43 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
What exactly would gender equality be?........to me it seems that might not allow for the differences males and females have to be acknowledged, and I am not talking about gender roles. I mean of course I think males and females should have equal rights, but males and females are never going to be the exact same thing they do have differences.

FINALLY! A voice of sanity ITT.

I wonder why more aspie women don't think the way you do, Sweetleaf. Seems that many of them are drawn to the more radical wing of feminism and have a chip on their shoulder towards men.

But I think the biggest problem is that they see themselves as women first, and aspies second.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 2:45 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

I wonder why more aspie women don't think the way you do, Sweetleaf. Seems that many of them are drawn to the more radical wing of feminism and have a chip on their shoulder towards men.

But I think the biggest problem is that they see themselves as women first, and aspies second.

well yeah I just don't get the purpose of feminism.......I mean yes females should have equal rights, but what more do you want? you know. Just seems extreme.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 2:46 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

well yeah I just don't get the purpose of feminism.......I mean yes females should have equal rights, but what more do you want? you know. Just seems extreme.

what are feminists asking for that seems extreme to you?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 2:49 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

The way they go about things seems extreme.....seems like there is a lot of general dislike towards males as if they are some sort of different species, which is well BS. So its not so much what they want that bothers me as I think all genders should have equal rights...it is the way they go about things.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 2:58 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

The way they go about things seems extreme.....seems like there is a lot of general dislike towards males as if they are some sort of different species, which is well BS. So its not so much what they want that bothers me as I think all genders should have equal rights...it is the way they go about things.

none of the feminists in this thread have said anything like that. we don't seem to believe that at all, so i am confused by exactly which feminists are saying things like that. where did you hear it?

EXPECIALLY
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 3:03 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

Yep. This also goes along with being equal and being "the best", I don't get it.

For example, many women (and feminists) will acknowledge that the female brain is generally not specialized like the male brain is and that women have a more well rounded kind of intelligence.

Yet they won't acknowledge that due to this very fact, men are likely to be more naturally skilled than them in some areas, because they have specialized brains.

That's a literal example but I see this thinking applied across the board, acknowledging the information that makes women look superior and ignoring the positive information that concerns men,

But, if you can't prove this sort of thing, it doesn't happen, you know :P

HDTV...

Whatever.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 3:07 pm

EXPECIALLY, the problem with your point is that many people no not fit the gender stereotypes, so if any decisions are based on supposed differences in skill level according to gender, it leaves a lot of people out in the cold.

EXPECIALLY
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 3:12 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
EXPECIALLY, the problem with your point is that many people no not fit the gender stereotypes, so if any decisions are based on supposed differences in skill level according to gender, it leaves a lot of people out in the cold.

Of course they don't. I don't. And you may not be the kind of feminist who will apply the positive stereotypes to all women(while shunning the negative stereotypes at the same time) but it happens.

No, I don't have prove but I don't believe that most feminists don't know what I'm talking about.

HDTV...

Whatever.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 3:13 pm

EXPECIALLY wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Of course they don't. I don't. And you may not be the kind of feminist who will apply the positive stereotypes to all women(while shunning the negative stereotypes at the same time) but it happens.

No, I don't have prove but I don't believe that most feminists don't know what I'm talking about.

if you don't have proof then your statement is empty.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 3:32 pm

If I wanted to be a genius and I had a choice between a highly specialized male brain or a female brain that operated with a massive comprehensive capability which should I choose?

EXPECIALLY
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 3:38 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
EXPECIALLY wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Yes, I figured as much and have implied that this is the response I would get. I don't like to come to this thread and argue as much as you might not believe it, so I won't. I will say that the fact that so many people can predict what "the feminist" response is going to be before it even happens should indicate a pattern, which should in turn indicate that what people present to you as mere observations without proof aren't total BS. But I get that you probably don't care about that.

HDTV...

Whatever.

EXPECIALLY
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 3:39 pm

androbot2084 wrote:
If I wanted to be a genius and I had a choice between a highly specialized male brain or a female brain that operated with a massive comprehensive capability which should I choose?

Both brains have the potential for genius but believe it or not it's more often found in the specialized male brain, what I've described is basically an autistic brain as well.

Not all people with "male" brains are male but since they are "male" brains, most are.

HDTV...

Whatever.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 3:45 pm

EXPECIALLY wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
EXPECIALLY wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Yes, I figured as much and have implied that this is the response I would get. I don't like to come to this thread and argue as much as you might not believe it, so I won't. I will say that the fact that so many people can predict what "the feminist" response is going to be before it even happens should indicate a pattern, which should in turn indicate that what people present to you as mere observations without proof aren't total BS. But I get that you probably don't care about that.

but so many people are saying the opposite as well, shouldn't that say something to you?

EXPECIALLY
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 3:47 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
EXPECIALLY wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
EXPECIALLY wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

but so many people are saying the opposite as well, shouldn't that say something to you?

It says to me this thread is comprised of feminists and people who disagree with feminism,, which it is.

HDTV...

Whatever.