Page 69 of 100 [ 1585 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 100  Next

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 4:06 pm

Vigilans wrote:

CDD can be as mutually agreed upon as you want, it does not change the fact that it is not a system of equality.

What if they take turns?

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 4:10 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

CDD can be as mutually agreed upon as you want, it does not change the fact that it is not a system of equality.

What if they take turns?

Where in Christianity does it say that women need to dominate men to maintain their discipline?

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 4:42 pm

Vigilans wrote:

Are differing sets of gentalia equal? When estrogen predominates in one gender, and testosterone the other gender, is that equal? When we elect a president to preside over us, is that an equal arrangement, so that we can preside over him too? The fallacy that you are using is that whatever is unequal is therefore wrong. I guess it's wrong when there's a boss and employees, and it's wrong when there's a sergeant directing a corporal, and it's wrong when a ship captain doesn't let his passengers steer the boat. These arrangements are not equal, yet they function well, and are not wrong in any way. Same with the sexes, as I said a few pages back. Different is not wrong, it is simply different. And roles are not wrong, as I illustrated above in several ways.

Last edited by Ragtime on 04 Apr 2012, 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 4:44 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Is differing sets of gentalia equal? When estrogen predominates in one gender, and testosterone the other gender, is that equal? When we elect a president to preside over us, is that an equal arrangement? The fallacy that you are using is that whatever is unequal is therefore wrong. I guess it's wrong when there's a boss and employees, and it's wrong when there's a sergeant directing a corporal, and it's wrong when a ship caption doesn't let his passengers steer the boat. The arrangement are not equal, yet they function well, and are not wrong in any way. Same with the sexes, as I said a few pages back. Different is not wrong, it is simply different. And roles are not wrong, as I illustrated above in several ways.

That is not even close to what I am saying. Males and females are both humans. It is not a boss/subordinate, or military, or political system. The roles you speak of are artificial

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 4:44 pm

Vigilans wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

What if they take turns?

Where in Christianity does it say that women need to dominate men to maintain their discipline?

Proverbs 21 wrote:
It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house....

It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 4:45 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

What if they take turns?

Proverbs 21 wrote:
It is better to dwell in a corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman in a wide house....

It is better to dwell in the wilderness, than with a contentious and an angry woman.

How does not putting up with "contentious women" amount to Bible-advocated female domination? You make no sense. If anything "Proverbs 21" says if a woman is dominant stay the hell away

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 4:47 pm

Vigilans wrote:
The roles you speak of are artificial

I beg to differ. They are, as I said earlier, suggested by nature. Women are better at running homes and nurturing kids, and men are better at physical labor. You can be mad about it, but that's a different issue. One called "feminism".

Last edited by Ragtime on 05 Apr 2012, 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 4:55 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

I beg to differ. They are, as I said earlier, suggested by nature. Women are better at running homes and nuturing kids, and men are better at physical labor. You can be mad about it, but that's a different issue. One called "feminism".

The "Christian household" is not part of nature. Women do not need "discipline" or to be kept in "their place". We live in a modern society. They deserve the same freedom to do what they want as any man. I also think men can run homes and nurture kids just fine. I dare you to tell female body builders or soldiers that men are better, stronger or braver than they are.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 5:18 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

I beg to differ. They are, as I said earlier, suggested by nature. Women are better at running homes and nuturing kids, and men are better at physical labor. You can be mad about it, but that's a different issue. One called "feminism".

no. for a long period of time, my husband was the primary caregiver, and i was the primary breadwinner. we were best suited to those roles.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 5:26 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Ragtime wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

no. for a long period of time, my husband was the primary caregiver, and i was the primary breadwinner. we were best suited to those roles.

That is highly unnatural and probably satanic

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 6:13 pm

Vigilans wrote:
How does not putting up with "contentious women" amount to Bible-advocated female domination? You make no sense. If anything "Proverbs 21" says if a woman is dominant stay the hell away

The Bible does concede that women can be brawlers.

Anway, there was an interesting article written by Samantha Brick

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z1r0g9S41b

on the downside of being a pretty woman: getting lots of attention from men, and being resented by women.

Whether "liberated" or not, women are still women. Female feminists are still women, and still have to put up with quite a lot of rubbish that no man can begin to understand.

myth
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2012, 6:27 pm

Imo, if it is consentual and works for the family in question, its acceptable. The trouble comes in when people start imposing their beliefs on others.

Nothing is absolute.

04 Apr 2012, 6:48 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
right... so he can petition and get shared custody. what's the problem with that?

The way american family law courts work is that in cases where the mother gets custody by (legal)default, if the father petitions the court he has to prove to the judge that him gaining joint custody is in the interests of the child's welfare. Furthermore, if wishes to have custody transferred to him, he must prove that the mother is unfit to care for the children. My sister is attorney and that's where I'm getting this information from. Many judges in the US still believe strongly that Dad = breadwinner and Mom = caregiver.

but this is only in cases where they are not together when the child is born. if the father isn't around for the pregnancy but wants to share custody, he can have that right. i think it would be better if it were automatically given as shared custody, as that would definitely be more fair.

I couldn't agree more.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 12:31 am

ArrantPariah wrote:

on the downside of being a pretty woman: getting lots of attention from men, and being resented by women.

Pretty women usually make me hate myself. I wouldn't dare be mean to one.

I know the stigma she speaks of and it is real. I find women tend to be nice to me because they don't view me as a threat. They only time they see me as threat is when they're hung up on their heterosexuality and they think I might hit on them. Some people seem to guess I'm not straight because I don't give out those 'I'm in competition with you' vibes.

Last edited by puddingmouse on 05 Apr 2012, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 12:36 am

MissConstrue wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
i have been called a b***h too. and there have been multi-page debates about the words "skank" and "whore" and "slut" because many members do think that those are appropriate words for a promiscuous female.

Ok well I was saying I have not seen that in this thread, and I did not get the impression these are words that are thrown around wrong planet a whole lot......sorry I wasn't aware.

you're right that they haven't been spoken in this thread.

But people have been ridiculed in this thread for not agreeing with feminism, hence the comment 'bolded for hilarity' as a response to one of my comments with stuff I said put in bold. So not that such things would justify terms like b***h and slut being thrown around, but that sort of thing might contribute to negative feelings towards feminism in general.

just an observation.

I guess we choose what to see and ignore what has been called out due to our own personal biases. As for the rest, my words were probably not put in good context, but I have been labeled a feminazi and I frequently see words I used as examples thrown around outside of WP. My argument was only in refute to Ragtime's argument that feminists (people for women's rights) see most men in a negative light. In fact it seems more acceptable to use terms like feminazi and the words I used even by other women. Just sayin. I don't see how feminists are more or less sexist than men and women against women. Maybe I'm wrong but it just seems there is more negative light on women. I'm not saying women are any better than men nor am I saying women should be treated special but if we're going to go into generalizations, might as well give examples of it going the other way. As for the rest, I'm for human rights, men, women, homosexuals, trans-genders, races....you name it.

I am not 'against' women I am one physically....not so sure about my brain but whatever. I just don't see what good a movement specific to females is doing. I mean yes I can see the reasoning between feminism in the early days when the equal rights really needed fighting for. But now I think it's time to move past any us against them mentality...feminism by default kinda seems to exclude non-females, if I am wrong please explain.....but don't ridicule if I am not understanding things its because I actually don't get it not because I'm trying to be a jerk.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2012, 12:38 am

puddingmouse wrote:
I know the stigma she speaks of and it is real. I find women tend to be nice to me because they don't view me as a threat.

I find men can be this way as well. Some males are really b*tchy :lol: