Shoot first law: What could possibly go wrong?

Page 10 of 15 [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next

CoMF
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Mar 2012, 7:14 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I find condescension and unearned airs of superiority tiresome in the extreme.

As do I. See my response to Simon.

CoMF
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Mar 2012, 7:18 pm

Tadzio wrote:
Hi CoMF,

Don't worry, I won't have Rosencrantz and Guildenstern relay your message to Raptor's Southern Academic Ivoried Towered Castle from my Northern Academic Ivoried Towered Castle, since your Ivoried Towered Castle is entrenched in an impenetrable fog of confusion even for emittance of messages.

If you follow your strategy between the dangers of DGU civilian citizens and forthright police officers, with your elsewise, how did Joe the Pseudo-Plumber wanna-be do at fixing your satellite television???

For your concerns of "Furthermore, I also find your condescendsion to be insulting and uncalled for, and this is exactly why I tend to approach 'debates' such as this from a philosophical and ethical perspective rather than a political one", you failed to fulfill your own prophecy of any approach to the light of reason from your castle's fog bank.

Meanwhile, Oh, Boo-Hoo, Boo-Hoo, as if Aristophanes were still at work making poor little hatchling Tadzio the Starling blatantly condescend to fully mature Raptor The Patriotic Eagle of Prey, resulting in a tweet over spilled poorly-regulated well-armed militias falling from precariously constructed Ivory Tower nests.

BTW, CNN finally took up the previously referenced NWG shooting report.

Tadzio

Thanks for sharing. Now how exactly is this diatribe relevant to our discussion?

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 7:36 pm

Quote:
...and individuals such as yourself who project their insecurities on those whom they disagree with will never do anything to get to the root of problem in regards to suspicious or unjustified use of deadly force aside from boring us to death with more condescendsion and engaging in partisan political rhetoric which, frankly, I'm tired of hearing.

Ok, well, I find your arguments completely unconvincing. You seem to believe that the average gun owner is just as well trained as a LEO, which really already ended the conversation as far as I'm concerned. Many police and prosecutors don't seem to like these laws and find them dangerous. I agree with them.

Quote:
Poppycock. I refer you once again to the statistics I posted from the NY Times; 78% of all NYPD shootings involved officers who were the only ones shooting or perpetrators who were unarmed

That says nothing about how many times they refrained from shooting someone in a scuffle. Citing statistics and correctly applying them to an argument are entirely different things. Are you actually trying to pretend that cops shoot every aggressor rather than wrestle them down, pepper spray them or otherwise subdue and cuff them? They are trained in the use of non-lethal force for a reason. They have options when confronting a threat. And they also have extensive gun training on top of that.

Why are we even arguing about demonstrable facts like that?

A civilian has the option to pursue additional training, it's a requirement for police to be extensively trained. That is the obvious difference.

Quote:
Additionally, the FBI has gone to prisons before and found overwhelmingly that most criminals really do fear armed citizens and breaking into occupied armed households

Well, I'm fine with that. If you're inside someone's house uninvited at night, you should be in trouble. But it's the taking of that premise out into the streets, under a wider range of circumstances that I have a problem with.

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 7:54 pm

Raptor wrote:
I guess we're supposed to start carrying a cop around with us since we have no idea how to defend ourselves without doing more harm, stoopid as we are.

By their logic any time we happen to be first at the site of any kind of medical or other emergency we, not being trained professionals, should always just wait for the fire rescue and/or EMT's to arrive since we, being too inept to do much more than stand there and breath, might possibly do more harm than good by attempting to render CPR, stop profuse bleeding by applying pressure, or pulling someone away from a burning vehicle, etc......
Hey, it happens all the time but I guess now we should always leave everything that could possibly result in unintentional harm to trained professionals no matter how long it takes them to show up.

Hi Raptor,

I've never seen a non-crime accident scene that had victims that needed the victims of the accident to be immediately shot for the sake of self-defense (maybe a few times in wild action movies). During my medical emergencies in public, I've been robbed at about the same number times than only aided (people tend to take all types of items, like in the closing scenes in "My Own Private Idaho").

Fire Fighters tend to keep more distant from fires with firearms within, so stretching to extremes both ways works, but somewhat irrelevant in the main subject.

Three decades ago in Central California, the remark was often made of "Call A Cop, and Double Your Chances of Being Shot", as rapid response teams tended to shoot at anyone with anything suspiciously being with an appearance of a firearm or weapon, and taking oral alerts only deadly minutes later. False Alarms also had a high police shots fired rate, and many arrests for interfering with police officers for any minor fluctuation from police forceful instructions. Not reporting a crime in a timely manner is also often a crime, so "peaceful" success with a gun still triggered many over reponses from officers with guns drawn.

When two mutually suspicious pedestrians meet and attempt to restrain each other until the both called police arrive, does the one firing the first fatal shot have the greater self-defense claim?

Tadzio

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 8:16 pm

So we're now up to 10 (ten) pages certain people making fools of themselves......

Funny thing is that I've known at least four people (that I can think of off hand) that used to be like them with all the same bleating rhetoric.
Then all the sudden they were asking what kind of gun to buy, where to go shooting, how to get a CCW, etc..... and they're all the sudden damned eager to be able to defend themselves and theirs against the kind of people that, in their minds, didn't exist the week before. In other words they got their wake-up call and the voice at the other end scared the b'jeezus out of them.... :idea:

CoMF
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Mar 2012, 8:51 pm

simon_says wrote:
You seem to believe that the average gun owner is just as well trained as a LEO, which really already ended the conversation as far as I'm concerned.

That's a nice straw man you've constructed there. Nowhere did I state or even imply that the average gun owner has the same level or degree of training as a LEO. You asserted that it is impossible for the average citizen to achieve any level of proficiency and training with firearms necessary for their safe and lawful use, and I asserted that not only is that line of reasoning fallacious, but that such training is in fact available to private citizens and that they can achieve a level of proficiency and training that has at least some parity with that of a police officer; in my mind some education is better than no education whatsoever.

simon_says wrote:
That says nothing about how many times they refrained from shooting someone in a scuffle. Citing statistics and correctly applying them to an argument are entirely different things. Are you actually trying to pretend that cops shoot every aggressor rather than wrestle them down, pepper spray them or otherwise subdue and cuff them? They are trained in the use of non-lethal force for a reason. They have options when confronting a threat. And they also have extensive gun training on top of that.

I find it amusing how you attempt to trivialize the statistics I cited and rationalize the police shootings I referred to when, by and far, the biggest point of contention I have seen thus far with the defensive shootings described in the Tampa Bay Times article involved perpetrators who were either unarmed or did not fire any shots themselves. How is it morally reprehensible when a private citizen shoots an unarmed perpetrator regardless of the circumstances, but acceptable and even perfectly justified when a police officer does it? Why the double standard?

Also, nice straw man. I never once stated or implied that LEO's shoot everyone they come across in the line of duty. I merely demonstrated that it is not an uncommon occurence for a police officer to shoot an unarmed perpetrator despite their "superior" training which you're always touting.

simon_says wrote:
Why are we even arguing about demonstrable facts like that?

Because you have yet to demonstrate them and, as a result, are your own personal conceits until proven otherwise.

simon_says wrote:
A civilian has the option to pursue additional training, it's a requirement for police to be extensively trained. That is the obvious difference.

Be that as it may, I believe I have presented sufficient evidence that, despite extensive training, LEO's can be just as irresponsible with firearms as you purport private citizens to be.

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 8:58 pm

Dox47 wrote:
On my mobile again, so please excuse any spelling, etc.

Since I try not to engage with crazy even when it pursues me, could someone please explain to Tadzio what a naked assertion is and point out the many in his posts. I find condescension and unearned airs of superiority tiresome in the extreme.

Hi Dox47,

A few posts back, you were the self-proclaimed know-it-all amateur gun expert condescendingly dealing with those you assumed lacking such gun smarts. I go by actuary tables and such. Sorry if you find anything not smelling of gun powder tiresome, but books soaked in gun oil are not more informative. The main info is from FBI reports that might be incompatible with the world view from "Naked Gun" and to those who mistakenly don't appreciate the values of such satire to exemplify facts.

CoMF wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
I find condescension and unearned airs of superiority tiresome in the extreme.

As do I. See my response to Simon.

simon_says wrote:
Errors of judgement will always happen. If your argument is that the untrained are better off.....well, I find that ridiculuos.

Hi CoMF,

It's unfortunate that you find indirect hints, in your apparent argument that the unprofessional are better than the professional, of that that is not the results "from a philosophical and ethical perspective", nor political, but just that from elements of perspective that are ridiculous, insulting. "Ridiculous" mixed with "firearms" is best not mixed in reality.
The continuance of the ridiculous elements necessitates the otherwise worry of "uncalled for".

Tadzio

CoMF
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Mar 2012, 9:11 pm

Tadzio wrote:
Hi CoMF,

It's unfortunate that you find indirect hints, in your apparent argument that the unprofessional are better than the professional, of that that is not the results "from a philosophical and ethical perspective", nor political, but just that from elements of perspective that are ridiculous, insulting. "Ridiculous" mixed with "firearms" is best not mixed in reality.
The continuance of the ridiculous elements necessitates the otherwise worry of "uncalled for".

Tadzio

Dear Tadzio,

In light of you citing Simon's straw man (which I ceremoniously debunked) as the basis for your jejune polemic of rapidly diminishing consequence, I've concluded that we'll just have to agree to disagree before this "discussion" of ours degenerates any further.

I'm also bringing our exchange to the attention of the WP moderators, so if you want to roll the dice by continuing to behave in a boorish manner, be my guest. 7 or 11. Snake eyes watching you.

Regards,
CoMF

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 9:30 pm

simon_says wrote:
Ok, well, I find your arguments completely unconvincing. You seem to believe that the average gun owner is just as well trained as a LEO, which really already ended the conversation as far as I'm concerned. Many police and prosecutors don't seem to like these laws and find them dangerous. I agree with them.

I disagree. Gun owners usually go shooting more than twice a year. Are you familiar with some of the LAPD's epic fails? On several occasions they fired as many as 120 shots at a car while standing in a circle, and either miss completely or only get a couple non-critical hits. They epitomize the term "spry and pray". They once even hit each other this way. They are notorious for bad marksmanship and bad tactics. I believe the "highly trained" London PD gun unit had this problem recently as well. About a year ago the Miami PD had a shootout and hit a bystander a block away. A couple years ago a San Francisco transit cop got trigger happy. Or how about that infamous Kehoe brothers shootout. How the hell did that Ohio state trooper miss multiple times at powder burn range and let the brothers flee? Or how about the infamous pepper spray incident at UC Berkley last fall? No consensus has ever come on the professionalism of that. Police fail and do stupid things, and both police and prosecutors simply say what they think is in their personal interest. Individual major city police officers tend to frown on concealed carry but that is not absolutely true for all of them, and lots of small departments and CLEOS are indifferent or favor it.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 10:10 pm

John_Browning wrote:
simon_says wrote:

I disagree. Gun owners usually go shooting more than twice a year. Are you familiar with some of the LAPD's epic fails? On several occasions they fired as many as 120 shots at a car while standing in a circle, and either miss completely or only get a couple non-critical hits. They epitomize the term "spry and pray". They once even hit each other this way. They are notorious for bad marksmanship and bad tactics. I believe the "highly trained" London PD gun unit had this problem recently as well. About a year ago the Miami PD had a shootout and hit a bystander a block away. A couple years ago a San Francisco transit cop got trigger happy. Or how about that infamous Kehoe brothers shootout. How the hell did that Ohio state trooper miss multiple times at powder burn range and let the brothers flee? Or how about the infamous pepper spray incident at UC Berkley last fall? No consensus has ever come on the professionalism of that. Police fail and do stupid things, and both police and prosecutors simply say what they think is in their personal interest. Individual major city police officers tend to frown on concealed carry but that is not absolutely true for all of them, and lots of small departments and CLEOS are indifferent or favor it.

Doesn't matter.
They're convinced that 2+2=3 and no one is going to tell them otherwise.

:wall:

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 11:17 pm

CoMF wrote:
Tadzio wrote:
Hi CoMF,

Tadzio

Dear Tadzio,

In light of you citing Simon's straw man (which I ceremoniously debunked) as the basis for your jejune polemic of rapidly diminishing consequence, I've concluded that we'll just have to agree to disagree before this "discussion" of ours degenerates any further.

I'm also bringing our exchange to the attention of the WP moderators, so if you want to roll the dice by continuing to behave in a boorish manner, be my guest. 7 or 11. Snake eyes watching you.

Regards,
CoMF

Hi CoMF,

Your biased & flagrant denigration of policing agents of all tiers of governments in the U.S.A. involving deadly force is ridiculous. You go well beyond expressing mere opinions, and despite your edits, artifacts of your calls to action of private citizens to resort to deadly force remain.

You certainly sound experienced in repeatedly crapping-out with inferential probabilities and statistics. For myself, I'm going to continue utilizing critical thinking in challenging fallacious conclusions, especially instances involving great dangers. If advanced levels of metaphors are limiting, try improving your Canon of Knowledge.

For better phrases, try Leonard Cohen.

Tadzio

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2012, 11:31 pm

Raptor wrote:
Doesn't matter.
They're convinced that 2+2=3 and no one is going to tell them otherwise.

:wall:

Hi Raptor,

I'm still trying to illustrate to DGU's proponents that the number 2,500,000 is much bigger than the number 215. In the gun-toting-bubble, numbers must be limited to the count of ten, and lower after hapless discharges, yet still not bubble popping.

Tadzio

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2012, 12:27 am

John_Browning wrote:
Tadzio wrote:
Hi Raptor,

Sure, we could post videos regarding DGU a very large number of times. The issue is, that by the Law of Large Numbers, with very large numbers of examples, "Good DGU" is out-numbered by "Bad DGU". For every single "Good DGU", there are more than 10,000 "Bad DGU's". Therefore, your reasonings and arguments are faulty by using the Law of Large Numbers.

The degree of open-mindedness is also, by frequency counts, very limited with DGU supporters generally, and a quick example is the present, as you refuse to see what you don't find as evidence supporting your stance. Then, particularizing polemics are resorted to, to only focus on rare supporting evidences, as "exclude anything that can be taken as any form of suicide" (suicide by cop too?), "exclude domestic violence", "exclude racially volatile issues", "exclude everything that can be contorted into 'accidental'", etc., to extremes of "exclude daytime events", "exclude nighttime events", and since confusion with changing conditions are "rare", "exclude both dusk & dawn events."

Regardless of how you define DGU, where are you getting your numbers?

John_Browning wrote:
CoMF wrote:
The info I'm about to present is somewhat dated, but it's relevant to the "LEO's are more professional in the use of firearms than civilians" debate.

Here are some statistics for the NYPD, one of the world's largest metropolitan police forces, taken from the New York Times:

If you notice, of all the shots fired by officers from 1996 to 2006, only a third of those hit their intended target. Something you might find more disturbing, however, is that officers fired on potentially unarmed suspects and/or were the only ones firing their weapons 78% of the time compared to 75% in 1996.

You would also be interested to know that in 2006, 21% of all shots fired by NYPD officers that year were due to negligent discharges. (Source)

Just some food for thought. :wink:

THAK YOU!
What that map also shows is that the shootings are concentrated in areas with well known drug and gang problems, at times of day when drug transactions and gang activity is at it's highest. You typically don't find law abiding family men (regardless of income) with tax paying jobs and can pass a background check involved in that behavior, so there would have to be another root to the problem other than gun owners in general. Law abiding citizens are in bed or getting ready for woek when 1/3 of shootings happen and another 22% while they are at work. They have some free time in the afternoon, but even without detailed records it can be inferred that the law abiding citizens aren't doing the shootings in the afternoon either since they still have obligations and there is nothing preventing the people that are doing the shooting from shooting in the afternoon as well! Someone who spent their life in a all white town getting startled by a black person being the cause of a shooting is an isolated incident. Someone getting shot over a drug deal gone bad is well documented. Gang members getting singled out and shot is well documented. Attempted robbers and rapists, with clear intentions, getting shot in self-defense is well documented. The overwhelming majority of both illegal and justified shootings alike fall into well-defined categories. Percentage wise, lawful gun owners misidentifying someone or getting trigger happy amounts to an isolated incident.

The more concise trio of web-links are already listed:

The very concise FBI Table (too concise???):
http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/offens ... le_15.html

The "WE HAVE 2.5 MILLION DEFENSIVE USES OF GUNS PER YEAR!" pages (full of critical errors):
http://www.gunsandcrime.org/dgufreq.html

The "Statistics, Gun Control Issues, and Safety" (incorrectly weighted counts???):
http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/TUT ... NSTAT.html

Many of the actuary tables I checked are "protected/forbidden" for public viewing, and often involve also putting direct dollar values on Human life (hence, much of the "restrictions"). The oil company BP experienced the "controversy" with their pricing of "little piggies" that I have cited previously as at sites such as: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninsca ... p_memo.php

Safety questions quickly become numerically complex, as just try to justify seat-belts as actually saving "lifes", versus Human time manufacturing costs and the Human time to utilize the belts as "life-length of time lost" versus "life-length of time saved".

And, book & "legal cases" sources more limited to the thread here of the "Castle Doctrine":
Tadzio wrote:
"Castle Domain" has officially contracted "Dirty Harry-itis", as least on Wikipedia for now (March 03, 2012):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine

The Ngram Viewer reveals the doctrine as having the characteristics of an attempted pseudo-"WMD" exploitational fad, again corrupting history:
http://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?co ... moothing=3
"Castle Domain" notably mentioned in 1892 to 1926, then absent from 1927 to 1965, then from 1965 to 1985 fluctuations, with jerky explosions into 2008 (a 22-fold increase from 1965 to the present).

"Castle Domain" used to mean restrictions on unwarranted police entry:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=c ... s+beard%22
"The Albany law journal: a monthly record of the law and the lawyers, Volume 45" (1892), page 408.

Then it, the Supreme Court clarified the then labeled "Castle" doctrine:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=c ... an+said%22
"The central law journal, Volume 48" (1899), page 8, case at: http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/scripts/g ... &invol=550

While remaining the "Castle" doctrine, the law was stretched for bananas, to more nullify "the doctrine of retreat":
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=c ... +Banana%22

The Bananas still not subject to Feminism's exceptions:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=c ... +as+BWS%22
(she can't defend the castle--or herself in her own home (no castle for any hers!! !))

Then, somehow, (maybe like wheel-chair ramps for porker Hog's Breath cafe's exceptions to ADA for stars), back to total Dirty Harry Land in the USA at wikki.

Tadzio

Tadzio wrote:
Hi Raptor,

YOUR:

Raptor wrote:
I’ll just hit on a few of these. Call it a copout or whatever but I have other things on my to-do list today.....

Tadzio wrote:
Quote:
Where can I find the records verifying your reports of "streets......running red with blood" levels?

The thing about the “streets running red with blood” is an anti-gun crowd expression intended to evoke emotion. Every time some piece of gun control legislation is defeated, an existing gun law rescinded, etc… they say the streets will run red with blood. It doesn’t pan out that way and the anti-gun crowd loses credibility.
Look up the source of all this by yourself. No matter what I find you’ll label it as being from a right wing source and no matter what you find I’ll label it as a left wing source.

DOESN'T FOLLOW FROM YOUR:

Raptor wrote:
:roll: :roll:
My state has had the same castle doctrine policy for a few years now and last time I checked the streets weren't running red with blood.
About the only places where the streets even come close to running red with blood are the states and cities that forbid it's citizens from defending themselves. Go figure.............. :idea:
The handwringers said that after the 1994 assault weapons ban lifted in 2004 that the streets would run red with blood yet eight years later the streets are the same color as before.
Why is this so hard for some to figure out?
:roll: :roll:

This isn't the right wing versus the left wing. It's more about the brains between the wings and just behind the beak. The famous "Polly parrots the command for a cracker, but Polly has no desire for a cracker" scenario.

Anyways, the Castle Doctrine strangely disappears, at least in available previews, in an interesting book also addressing the previous subject of self-cannibalization in your ring being illegal (though the Queen almost pardons), between editions: "CRIMINAL LAW" by Joel Samaha, (2007 versus 2010 editions).

"Castle Doctrine" (2007) pages 151-152, "eating people" pages 158-159, and plenty of "protecting home & property" between:

U.S. v. Peterson, 483 F2d 1222 (2nd Cir. 1973):
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=c ... ed+role%22

"Choice of Evils" in eating (The Queen v. Dudley and Stephens (1884)) :
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=c ... +overboard

Tadzio

P.S. Are the links successful wherever?

Do you care about how "loaded" some of your sentences are in the second posting??? Such as just the phrase "Law abiding citizens are in bed"??? Which law dictates bed times for "law abiding citizens"? Do shift-workers have to get a court order when they pull the graveyard shift??? That's asking for questions involving knowing which end the bullets fly out of the Glock for Glocked Clock-Watchers. Then the pseudo-KKK pseudo-logic phrases......

Tadzio

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

11 Mar 2012, 8:26 am

Lock removed, with the expectation that things will improve.

It's as well this is occurring on a forum and not in some parking lot because I think blood would have been spilled by now - there are far too many sharply barbed comments aimed not at the topic, but at scoring points over other posters.
Please discuss this issue without the attitude and condescension, otherwise this thread will be locked permanently.

CoMF
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Mar 2012, 11:54 am

Thanks Cornflake. Considering the seriousness of the issues being discussed, I'd hate to see the thread perma-locked due to a lack of civility.

CoMF
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Mar 2012, 2:40 pm

Tadzio wrote:
Hi CoMF,

Your biased & flagrant denigration of policing agents of all tiers of governments in the U.S.A. involving deadly force is ridiculous.

What you see as "biased & flagrant denigration," I see as holding law enforcement personnel to the same standard which you apply to private citizens. Is it only "ridiculous" because those videos of negligent discharges and the shooting statistics of the NYPD from 1996 to 2006 strip away the illusion that law enforcement is less capable of grievous error with a dangerous weapon by virtue of their rigorous training? The NYPD is one of the largest, most well-trained metropolitan police agencies in the world, and yet the facts are as stated.

The point I am trying to make is that the issue which sits at the core of irresponsible firearms use is a human one. Firearms are dangerous and unforgiving when used carelessly, regardless of whether the person using one is an average joe or a police officer. The most logical solution is to stress proper education in their use and hold the irresponsible accountable for their actions rather than protect them from the consequences or collectively punish everyone for the indiscretions of a few.

Tadzio wrote:
You go well beyond expressing mere opinions, and despite your edits, artifacts of your calls to action of private citizens to resort to deadly force remain.

Nonsense. I think you're reading too far between the lines, Tadzio. I view the defense of one's self as a tremendous responsibility and something which should not be taken lightly. I do not encourage anyone to own a firearm unless they're willing to educate themselves about the safe and proper use of it. If someone is not confident in their ability to safely use a firearm and is unwilling to take the time and effort to educate themselves or achieve a modicum of proficiency with it, the only responsible thing to do would be to show better judgment and not purchase one in the first place.

Conflict de-escalation techniques and situational awareness are just as important if not more so than being armed, and these are things which anyone can learn outside of a police academy. A firearm is nothing more than a tool to be used as an absolute last resort, when all other options are either infeasible or have already been exhausted.

Tadzio wrote:
You certainly sound experienced in repeatedly crapping-out with inferential probabilities and statistics. For myself, I'm going to continue utilizing critical thinking in challenging fallacious conclusions, especially instances involving great dangers. If advanced levels of metaphors are limiting, try improving your Canon of Knowledge.

For better phrases, try Leonard Cohen.

Tadzio

Ad hominem and irrelevant.