Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

dktekno
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2007, 4:47 pm

I think hackers (black-hat hackers only, those malicious hackers) should recieve death penalty and/or corporal punishment.

They are not worthy humans. They are evil beasts who should not be treated like humans or animals, but only be treated as what they are: Scumbags!

Why on earth should a hacker who, out of their own free will chose to take control over an innocent persons PC recieve "fair treatment" when they are unfair? They chose to be unfair. They chose to be evil!

Crushing their bones till they die will be the method I prefer to a hacker!
A hacker is not a human being. A hacker is a FORMER human being, who degenerated himself into a beast!

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 4:52 pm

dktekno wrote:
I think hackers (black-hat hackers only, those malicious hackers) should recieve death penalty and/or corporal punishment.

They are not worthy humans. They are evil beasts who should not be treated like humans or animals, but only be treated as what they are: Scumbags!

Why on earth should a hacker who, out of their own free will chose to take control over an innocent persons PC recieve "fair treatment" when they are unfair? They chose to be unfair. They chose to be evil!

Crushing their bones till they die will be the method I prefer to a hacker!
A hacker is not a human being. A hacker is a FORMER human being, who degenerated himself into a beast!

Excuse me, I only believe in the death penalty for serial killers, rapists and pedophiles. Hackers should be given sentences relating to whether they committed fraud or endangered a human life, etc.

On sabbatical...

kayetes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Feb 2007, 4:54 pm

blahblah

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 4:56 pm

kayetes wrote:
blahblah

If you have nothing material to contribute, then raus, scheisskopf!

On sabbatical...

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 5:43 pm

Quote:

I completely disagree. I have no moral problem with the death penalty, however I only support it (in theory, not necessary in practice in all cases) for premeditated murder, terrorism that results in death (this would includes hijackings), treason, and espionage.

When you start to lower the bar (and I personally think it is unethical to execute this level of offense, which is not to say it is not serious) for executions, you run the danger that advocates will soon call for it's use on wider and wider arrays of more minor offenses.

parts
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 5:51 pm

I do not agree with the death penalty. I think life in prison or solitary confinement are sufficient. For most people I think it would be worse than just getting it over with.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

26 Feb 2007, 6:06 pm

Depends on the case. It should vary from probation for minor crimes to life in prison if the action leads to injury or death. If the goal was to kill then the death penalty is in order.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 6:08 pm

Quatermass wrote:
pedophiles.

are you an NT or something?

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 6:12 pm

jimservo wrote:
terrorism that results in death (this would includes hijackings)

so the 9-11 hijackers should die....oh wait...

[quote="jimservo"]treason[/quote="jimservo"]

yeah...because anyone who rebels against the government should be shot....that'd include jefferson, washington, franklin and the bunch, right?

i hate the word treason...it should be betrayal of country...or selling out the country...or something like that....treason pretty much means any act against the current government....which is horribly broad and puts too much power in the hands of the government.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 7:37 pm

I use the word treason in a purely constitutional context. It is true that for all practical purposes, Washington and Jefferson were traitors to the British crown. However, that does not mean that I must not object to treason against the United States, or not support (potentially) the strongest available punishment for such an act.

Quote:
Section 3: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Changing this to something as general as "selling out the country" or something along those lines would allow for incredibly broad indictments for subjective political reasons.

skafather84 wrote:
so the 9-11 hijackers should die....oh wait...

My reference was beyond 9/11, and beyond aircraft. People have been killed during more "normative" hijacking incidents.

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 7:50 pm

Isnt killing murderers a bit hypocritical? I know you'd love to, but they probably "loved" killing, too - You just have a legal "loophole" because they did it first.

Death penalty for hacking? Yikes

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 7:54 pm

Corvus wrote:
Isnt killing murderers a bit hypocritical? I know you'd love to, but they probably "loved" killing, too - You just have a legal "loophole" because they did it first.

Death penalty for hacking? Yikes

i somewhat agree. though more on the principle that in a lot of cases, there is no way to be beyond the shadow of a doubt. witnesses can lie, misinterpret actions and words, or evidence can be otherwise corrupted.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 8:30 pm

I support reforms in regards to Death Penalty cases. I think we need to recognize their is no such thing as a perfect system (unfortunately) so in such cases every measure must be taken by the prosecution (DNA, ect...) to insure they don't screw it up. The possibility of an innocent being executed is by far, the most difficult issue in supporting capital punishment for me. I will tell you something else, recent highly publicized prosecutions have not improved by confidence in the legal system

One thing I head on the Dennis Prager radio program that I agreed with: Death penalty supporters should acknowledge the deaths of executed innocents as if their position becomes policy. Death penalty opponents should acknowledge the same (via those killed in prison, on parole, after release).

Last edited by jimservo on 26 Feb 2007, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 9:28 pm

Maybe I am not seeing it right, but in my eyes, punitive measures against criminals is about preventing it happening again, not revenge or anything. That it is punishment is secondary to the fact that they are removed, at least temporarily from the enviroment where they caused harm.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 9:28 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
pedophiles.

No. Why should I be, Stimpy-face?

On sabbatical...

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2007, 10:25 pm

Quatermass wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
pedophiles.

No. Why should I be, Stimpy-face?

just figured you'd be a little more understanding of someone who has something wrong mentally.

not that they're good people or anything of the sorts.