Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

HairlessAlbinoCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Apr 2012, 2:03 am

in what is called prana, chi, ki et cetera and in western civilisations aura.
Do you found to be a scientific basis for it?

Grebels
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 4:05 am

I did read about a scientist who did some experiments with acupuncture. The results were very interesting to say the least. Sorry I cannot recall my source.

Another matter of interest, I was told this by a Chinese surgeon, will be that the atheistic Communist Chinese governent came to power to find very little in the way of western medical services. They gave Traditional Chinese Medicine equal place out of necessity. I do not usually hear the TCM people talking about spiritual things. They claim a scientific basis for what they do.

Does it work? I travelled to China via Moscow and then changed fights at Shanghai to go south. I arrived at my desitination somewhat the worse for wear. I had been recovering from a serious surgery and the pulling cases all over airports was a big setback for me. The TCN treatment including Acupuncture and Moxibustion brought me back to better health.

I had a bad skin rash very much like shingles. Another Chinese doctor friend gave me a weeks herbal treatment and the rash disappeared completely never to return.

I have given you what I know for sure, but wouldn't know of any definite scientific proof.

HairlessAlbinoCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Apr 2012, 1:09 pm

How about on a more Buddhistic / Hinduistic context - meditation increases your prana and apparently prana is something that can be stolen, where I was going is that maybe Aspies are better preys, social exhaustion fits the symptoms perfectly for "prana-theft", I don't recall how it is called.

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 1:17 pm

i believe energy flows freely and in many forms yet unkown to modern science. i also belive in a lot of budhistic and taoistic principles but prana chi and ki are not things i belief in strongly.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 1:19 pm

Not in the spiritual sense, but somewhat in the physical sense. Some people (Indian yogis come to mind) show exceptional control over their bodies, I recall reading about one man who could make his palm heat up and the back of his hand cool down at the same time.

You will reap what you've sown.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 1:46 pm

Energy is the capacity to perform work. Which is applying a force through displacement on a distance.

If you took a look at Stan Lee's super human's show, you will find that there are normal people that were not trained to deal with prana, chi, etc, and are capable of stunts just as rad as what yogis do.

HairlessAlbinoCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Apr 2012, 3:17 am

abacacus wrote:
Not in the spiritual sense, but somewhat in the physical sense. Some people (Indian yogis come to mind) show exceptional control over their bodies, I recall reading about one man who could make his palm heat up and the back of his hand cool down at the same time.

Yes that's where I am going, not in the spiritual way but somewhat in the physical sense.

@ username Vexcalibur : I have seen it and you're right, some of those super humans as they are called in the show do rely in some form or another in the manipulation of the forces yogis train them selves to control.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 8:10 am

HairlessAlbinoCat wrote:
abacacus wrote:

Yes that's where I am going, not in the spiritual way but somewhat in the physical sense.

@ username Vexcalibur : I have seen it and you're right, some of those super humans as they are called in the show do rely in some form or another in the manipulation of the forces yogis train them selves to control.

no his point was that anyone despite religion or spiritualioty can learn the techniques yogis use, it is dependant on entirely normal physical forces and that is it, nothing spiritual about it.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 11:11 am

I believe that it doesn't exist in a mystical sense.

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 12:21 pm

HairlessAlbinoCat wrote:
in what is called prana, chi, ki et cetera and in western civilisations aura.
Do you found to be a scientific basis for it?

Not an iota. The only kind of energy detected outside the nucleus of an atom is electromagnetic energy and the energy of gravitating bodies. There are four forces know in nature: The electromagnetic force, gravitation the nuclear strong force and the nuclear weak force. The only forces you can readily detect without instruments are the electromagnetic force and gravitational force which is the one first met and conquered early in childhood. The hardest thing about learning how to walk, run or ride a bike is the ground.

ruveyn

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2012, 2:48 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Energy is the capacity to perform work. Which is applying a force through displacement on a distance.

If you took a look at Stan Lee's super human's show, you will find that there are normal people that were not trained to deal with prana, chi, etc, and are capable of stunts just as rad as what yogis do.

That's what I mean. Nothing spiritual about it, although it does take quite a bit of dedication to do some of those stunts.

You will reap what you've sown.

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Apr 2012, 4:56 pm

You should believe in two things:

1. Social Pretense - Religions and all the things that come from them are pretend. People pretend to believe in them to filter out undesirables within societies from childhood. The desperate and lonely also happen to believe and those who 'practice religion' and call it mercy. This is why ignorance is considered bliss by a few people who happen to have believed what others said about it. Ignorance is not bliss, it is painful, don't do it.

2. Start by believing in nothing and see what gets proven. Don't buy snake oil, no matter how much paradise and perfection you are offered in heaven.

HairlessAlbinoCat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Apr 2012, 7:53 pm

Oodain wrote:
HairlessAlbinoCat wrote:
abacacus wrote:

no his point was that anyone despite religion or spiritualioty can learn the techniques yogis use, it is dependant on entirely normal physical forces and that is it, nothing spiritual about it.

Oh!, no no no, I didn't mean to say there was anything spiritual about it and certainly nothing beyond the realm of reality.
What I meant is that those people might be using yogi techniques without realising it.