The other side of the Trayvon Martin story...

Page 1 of 13 [ 200 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 3:36 pm

Local Tampa station Fox 13 reported this:
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/zimmerman-claims-trayvon-punched-him-032612

And it is consistent with the Sanford PD press release:
http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Zimmerman_Martin_shooting.pdf

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 4:17 pm

Supposedly, Treyvon's mom is filing for the rights to "I am Treyvon"

Obama is an idiot for saying anything about the incident so soon, as is is Mr. Frothy.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 4:51 pm

Zimmerman's story conflicts with other accounts.

First of all, he's in someone's backyard. Secondly this says Zimmerman didnt speak to Trayvon. Trayvon's gf said she heard Zimmerman confront him, then the phone went dead.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 5:16 pm

Meanwhile in Mississippi...

My wife was checking her Facebook when she came across a status that said, "Today we are ALL Bulldogs" with a black ribbon on a MSU logo, followed by something about one John Sanderson. The media has barely noticed it apparently. Here's the full AP report:

Quote:
Mississippi State University officials say the fatal shooting of a 21-year-old student in a campus dorm appears to be isolated.
University president Mark Keenum said Sunday in a statement on the school's website that there was no indication that there was a danger to others. Keenum says the killing of 21-year-old John Sanderson of Madison, Miss., was the first time a student had been shot on the campus.
Authorities have said three men suspected in the Saturday night shooting drove away from the building in a blue Ford Crown Victoria. As of late Sunday morning, no arrests had been made.
The campus of about 20,000 students is located in a rural area in the northeastern part of the state, about 125 miles northeast of Jackson.

It seems the three men were African-American; John Sanderson was white. Apparently this story is hardly newsworthy at all, but we can't get enough of Trayvon.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 5:27 pm

Barack Obama: 'If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon".
:roll:
That in itself was a goofy thing to say then he goes on into civil rights as if this is automatically a race thing.

http://www.floridatoday.com/viewart/20120323/NEWS01/303230044/Obama-had-son-he-d-look-like-Trayvon-

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 5:44 pm

Quote:
It seems the three men were African-American; John Sanderson was white. Apparently this story is hardly newsworthy at all, but we can't get enough of Trayvon.

I know it's not fair. We must have missing white girls to look for.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 5:49 pm

I expect this to get ugly before it's all over with.

What will happen if he is not charged or indicted?

What will happen if he is acquitted?

I was watching CBS News not to long ago, and someone made the statement that the investigation was "Racially Biased". If the local LEO's had thought about it, it would have been much better to turn the case over to the FDLE or even the FBI.

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 5:59 pm

John_Browning wrote:

Hi John_Browning,

The title to your thread, "The other side of the Trayvon Martin story...", is loaded.

It is loaded not as much like your previous lines of:
John_Browning wrote:
Law abiding citizens are in bed or getting ready for woek when 1/3 of shootings happen and another 22% while they are at work. They have some free time in the afternoon, but even without detailed records it can be inferred that the law abiding citizens aren't doing the shootings in the afternoon either since they still have obligations and there is nothing preventing the people that are doing the shooting from shooting in the afternoon as well! Someone who spent their life in a all white town getting startled by a black person being the cause of a shooting is an isolated incident. Someone getting shot over a drug deal gone bad is well documented. Gang members getting singled out and shot is well documented. Attempted robbers and rapists, with clear intentions, getting shot in self-defense is well documented. The overwhelming majority of both illegal and justified shootings alike fall into well-defined categories. Percentage wise, lawful gun owners misidentifying someone or getting trigger happy amounts to an isolated incident.

With the cited law, the nonsensical reversals between the notions of "reasonable" versus "probable" become more evident, as before using deadly force, mere "reasonable" degrees of elements are sufficient to justify homicide, but before a mere justification for any actions taken by a police officer, "probable" degrees of elements are necessary.

That is, orderly police actions requiring "probable cause", as in "the agency may not
arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause
that the force that was used was unlawful,"

Versus:

the killer's haphazard & deadly actions requiring mere "reasonable cause", as in
"the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger".

Selectively Reluctant & Diapered Police & Officials wrote:
Why was George Zimmerman not arrested the night of the shooting?
When the Sanford Police Department arrived at the scene of the incident, Mr. Zimmerman provided a statement claiming he acted in self defense which at the time was supported by physical evidence and testimony. By Florida Statute, law enforcement was PROHIBITED from making an arrest based on the facts and circumstances they had at the time. Additionally, when any police officer makes an arrest for any reason, the officer MUST swear and affirm that he/she is making the arrest in good faith and with probable cause. If the arrest is done maliciously and in bad faith, the officer and the City may be held liable.

776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use
of force.—
(2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.

776.012Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:
(1)He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; ....

776.041Use of force by aggressor. —
(a)Such force is so great that the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he or she has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the assailant; or
(b)In good faith, the person withdraws from physical contact with the assailant and indicates clearly to the assailant that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the assailant continues or resumes the use of force.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 6:02 pm

PM wrote:

I was watching CBS News not to long ago, and someone made the statement that the investigation was "Racially Biased". If the local LEO's had thought about it, it would have been much better to turn the case over to the FDLE or even the FBI.

Let the media and Sharpton fan the flames on top of what our wonderful president has already said and will no doubt add to and you at least have the potential for rioting.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 6:05 pm

Yup. No one knows for sure what happened but a lot of people sure think they do.

You will reap what you've sown.

Tadzio
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 6:16 pm

Raptor wrote:
PM wrote:

Let the media and Sharpton fan the flames on top of what our wonderful president has already said and will no doubt add to and you at least have the potential for rioting.

Hi Raptor,

Why did a gun toter start the fire???

Didn't you promote Reagan's "Let It Burn!! !" philosophy a while back?

At least Mr. Whiple didn't hug the Charmin to his face after he used it. Have you tried to learn from example?

Tadzio

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 6:17 pm

Last bit was funny.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 6:28 pm

Tadzio wrote:
Raptor wrote:
PM wrote:

Hi Raptor,

At least Mr. Whiple didn't hug the Charmin to his face after he used it. Have you tried to learn from example?

Tadzio

Quote:
Hi Raptor,

That's annoying.

Quote:

You'll have to ask him. Riots have started before in like incidents and certain entities have helped them along.

Quote:

Burn what?

Quote:

The only Mr. Whipple I can think of is a neighbor when I was a kid so you've lost me again and I don't have the inclination to google it.

Do my dog and Balaam's ass factor in here like in your other ramblings?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 7:32 pm

Raptor wrote:
That in itself was a goofy thing to say then he goes on into civil rights as if this is automatically a race thing.

http://www.floridatoday.com/viewart/20120323/NEWS01/303230044/Obama-had-son-he-d-look-like-Trayvon-

Then if Obama had a son, what would you expect him to look like? Stating the obvious doesn't necessarily make it a racial incident.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 7:52 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Then if Obama had a son, what would you expect him to look like? Stating the obvious doesn't necessarily make it a racial incident.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Figure'd you'd be along eventually.

Quote:
Then if Obama had a son, what would you expect him to look like?

I don't have a clue but it seems (it IS) a bit goofy to publicly speculate on something like that.

Quote:
Stating the obvious doesn't necessarily make it a racial incident.

With the civil rights comment that's where he's going with it. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 8:00 pm

John_Browning wrote:

Consistent with the press release that states: "To date the Sanford Police Department has not released any rendition of the events of the
evening to anyone other than the Office of the State Attorney. The renditions we have seen are not consistent with the evidence in this case."

Really?