More men filing complaints of sexual harassment

Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

08 Apr 2012, 12:09 pm

Source

Then there is this scandal about a straight guy working as a salesman @ Gucci in NYC. I'm actually not surprised because the fashion and clothing business seems to have an unusually high percentage of gay men. Thing is, one of the gay guys harassing this man even tried to taunt him by saying "I know you're gay". A woman calling herself Jane made the following comment:

Quote:
Im noticing more and more the issue with sexual harassment of straight men by gay men. I personally know people who have complained about being forcibly approached by gay men who perpetually insisted that their victim was gay. The fact the the very same people from a group of people who are so adamant to promote their lifestyle for acceptance are victimizing the very same people that want nothing to do with their lifestyle angers me. I hope Mister Mendez wins the lawsuit amd his hypocritical bosses get roasted and fired.

TBH, I suspect that the gay guys harassing the straight Gucci salesman were attempting to recruit him into their lifestyle. Since any straight man who is subjected to unwanted attention by gays is assumed to be a closet case, then gay men can just say "well everbody else thinks you're gay, so you might as well just come out and join our lifestyle". :? I mean, what's going on here? The fact that these incidents are increasing as gays become more present and more visible in the workforce and there are now laws that protect them from discrimination is very telling. Maybe, just maybe, there really is a kernel of truth to the outlandish claim that since gays cannot reproduce, they *must* recruit.

Thoughts?

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 12:24 pm

Gays do not recruit. Those people were just as*holes. "Militant Gay lifestyle recruiting" LOL

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 12:27 pm

How would a gay man go about recruiting? Forcibly pulling down a mans pants and giving him head to show guys do it better? Bend over and reverse charge?

You will reap what you've sown.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 12:28 pm

abacacus wrote:
How would a gay man go about recruiting? Forcibly pulling down a mans pants and giving him head to show guys do it better? Bend over and reverse charge?

I don't know but I have seen plenty of straight guys harassing quiet and unassuming males and calling them gay. Are they trying to recruit on behalf of gays or are they just dickheads?

TM
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 12:37 pm

Vigilans wrote:
abacacus wrote:

I don't know but I have seen plenty of straight guys harassing quiet and unassuming males and calling them gay. Are they trying to recruit on behalf of gays or are they just dickheads?

I may be generalizing about the gay community here, but "quiet" and "unassuming" are not descriptions I'd use when describing it. I dislike the fact that gay has become a derogatory term because being a gay man does not make you less of man, other things do that.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 12:38 pm

TM wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
abacacus wrote:

I may be generalizing about the gay community here, but "quiet" and "unassuming" are not descriptions I'd use when describing it. I dislike the fact that gay has become a derogatory term because being a gay man does not make you less of man, other things do that.

I was not talking about gay people, I was talking about quiet and unassuming straight males who face harassment by other straight males.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 12:45 pm

Vigilans wrote:
TM wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
abacacus wrote:

I was not talking about gay people, I was talking about quiet and unassuming straight males who face harassment by other straight males.

As was I. I was pointing out that calling a quiet and unassuming straight male, gay, was a bit absurd since those are not the descriptions I'd use for the male gay community. I'd be much more inclined to use the term "gay" about certain parts of male behavior in regards to fraternities or sports. After all, is there anything more gay than wearing another man's shirt that has his name across your back? However, as far as I'm concerned there is only really one type of behavior which makes you gay and that's having sex with a person of the same gender.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 12:47 pm

TM wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
TM wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
abacacus wrote:

As was I. I was pointing out that calling a quiet and unassuming straight male, gay, was a bit absurd since those are not the descriptions I'd use for the male gay community. I'd be much more inclined to use the term "gay" about certain parts of male behavior in regards to fraternities or sports. After all, is there anything more gay than wearing another man's shirt that has his name across your back? However, as far as I'm concerned there is only really one type of behavior which makes you gay and that's having sex with a person of the same gender.

Sorry, my misunderstanding then. I dunno though, I have met a fair share of gay people and most do not fit the flamboyant stereotype. There is a fairly vibrant gay community in my city and they do not really stand out that much. Hipsters and indie rock people stand out more, tbh. I agree with you though about using the term gay as an insult.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 1:10 pm

It happens to me occasionally, and every time I visit Las Vegas. It really makes me understand how women feel when some jerk won't leave them alone.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 1:12 pm

shrox wrote:
It happens to me occasionally, and every time I visit Las Vegas. It really makes me understand how women feel when some jerk won't leave them alone.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas :P
A Quaker Does Vegas sounds like some kind of 80s comedy, possibly a parody of Escape from New York

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 1:12 pm

Vigilans wrote:
shrox wrote:

A Quaker Does Vegas sounds like some kind of 80s comedy, possibly a parody of Escape from New York

I'd watch A Quaker Does Vegas, if done right it could be hilarious.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 1:35 pm

abacacus wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
shrox wrote:

With Mad Max overtones, I have the car...

It used to have bullet hole stickers, but it peeled them off one day. People thought they were real it turned out!

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 1:38 pm

As a car guy, the added weight on that car for no purpose irks me hardcore. But, whatever floats yer boat I guess.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 2:08 pm

abacacus wrote:
As a car guy, the added weight on that car for no purpose irks me hardcore. But, whatever floats yer boat I guess.

Weight? It's plastic. Certainly some drag there, but I'm going for a Death Race/Mad Max look. The car is an art car project of mine.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 2:10 pm

i am glad to read that more men are coming forward. it is not acceptable for anyone to be sexually harassed.

i found this part of the article interesting:

Quote:
While some cases allege harassment by female supervisors or co-workers, most charges involve men harassing other men.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 2:11 pm

shrox wrote:
abacacus wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
shrox wrote:

With Mad Max overtones, I have the car...

It used to have bullet hole stickers, but it peeled them off one day. People thought they were real it turned out!

:lol: I wish I had a Quaker friend like you around here