God sacrificed his only son to absolve our sins???

Page 3 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 11:15 am

Quote:
...as fantastic and wild
A mother made by her own child
A hopeless babe who cried
Was God Incarnate and man deified

Because the fall did devastate
Creator must now recreate
So to take our sin
Was made like us so we could be like him

That is the Mystery
More than you can see
Give up on your pondering
And fall down on your knees

-Michael Card

Quote:
At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do."

-Jesus, the Son of God

Quote:
To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.

-King Solomon the Wise

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 11:18 am

Ragtime wrote:

-King Solomon the Wise[/quote]

Solomon also said to one of his 300 wives -- your turn tonight sweet heart.

ruveyn

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2012, 11:20 am

ruveyn wrote:
webcam wrote:

They don't believe in a god, so I guess they are good on that front, but if they are willing to delude a person for life the way buddhism makes monks... then yes, I think they should be outlawed. Buddhism is genocidal on that front. Not sure what Ethical Humanism is, but if it will allow people to live a belief that the teachers or people behind them know aren't true... then I don't like them either. Like I said I don't believe in the abuse of anyone, especially not long term abuse of a person from birth until death, which can happen with religions in general, esp. w/ Christianity.

Never the less they are religions. Religions do not necessarily require the believe in a god. A religion consists of regular practices and to some extent rituals. What goes on in North Korea, the worship of Kim etc is as much a religion as is Christianity or Islam.

ruveyn

Do you understand what is going on with the worship of the Kims? Who are the people that worship them and what is their purpose in the DPRK?

Lord_Gareth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2012, 11:23 am

ruveyn wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

-King Solomon the Wise

ruveyn[/quote]

I must challenge your theological scholarship here: Solomon had 700 wives. The 300 were his concubines.

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2012, 11:23 am

ruveyn wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

-King Solomon the Wise

ruveyn[/quote]

Are you saying Soloman's wives were actually men? Ewww!

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 11:24 am

Lord_Gareth wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

-King Solomon the Wise

ruveyn

I must challenge your theological scholarship here: Solomon had 700 wives. The 300 were his concubines.[/quote]

Quite so. I got the numbers switched about.

ruveyn

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2012, 11:30 am

Ragtime wrote:
Quote:
...as fantastic and wild
A mother made by her own child
A hopeless babe who cried
Was God Incarnate and man deified

Because the fall did devastate
Creator must now recreate
So to take our sin
Was made like us so we could be like him

That is the Mystery
More than you can see
Give up on your pondering
And fall down on your knees

-Michael Card

Quote:
At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do."

-Jesus, the Son of God

Quote:

-King Solomon the Wise

Actually I've been looking for those bible verses... they are just what I need to explain things to people. Can you give the vesicles too? Anyways, does that mean you don't actually believe in a creator, but rather just the system of religion? Sorry, I find that distinction difficult to make. I need clarification.

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2012, 11:42 am

ruveyn wrote:
Lord_Gareth wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

-King Solomon the Wise

ruveyn

I must challenge your theological scholarship here: Solomon had 700 wives. The 300 were his concubines.

Quite so. I got the numbers switched about.

ruveyn[/quote]

This must be why they needed lesbians in the old testament. Or Solomon could have just been a stud and spent his days getting laid nonstop. That's the kind of life I would expect from 1000 wives and concubines.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 11:44 am

Ruveyn, webcam, "Lord"_Gareth, you are living proof that "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom." (Ps 111:10; Prov 9:10)

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2012, 11:47 am

ruveyn wrote:
webcam wrote:

They don't believe in a god, so I guess they are good on that front, but if they are willing to delude a person for life the way buddhism makes monks... then yes, I think they should be outlawed. Buddhism is genocidal on that front. Not sure what Ethical Humanism is, but if it will allow people to live a belief that the teachers or people behind them know aren't true... then I don't like them either. Like I said I don't believe in the abuse of anyone, especially not long term abuse of a person from birth until death, which can happen with religions in general, esp. w/ Christianity.

Never the less they are religions. Religions do not necessarily require the believe in a god. A religion consists of regular practices and to some extent rituals. What goes on in North Korea, the worship of Kim etc is as much a religion as is Christianity or Islam.

ruveyn

Here's another thought. How can you accept that people are being confused and pushed into lifestyles that involve propagating a religion that has stopped them from propagating as a living being. In effect, those who are suffering ignorantly at the hands of the genocidal are promoting the very system that has committed genocide against them? That's as sick as it gets to me. What do you feel about this kind of thing happening?

Lord_Gareth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2012, 11:48 am

Ragtime wrote:
Ruveyn, webcam, "Lord"_Gareth, you are living proof that "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom." (Ps 111:10; Prov 9:10)

Of the many responses I considered to that thinly-veiled insult, I choose this one: [Citation] needed.

Also, there's no need for quotes: I took the name from a fictional character that I happen to like.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 12:00 pm

Ragtime wrote:

how?

an actual argument this time and not some scriptural ladedah.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 12:03 pm

Lord_Gareth wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

Of the many responses I considered to that thinly-veiled insult, I choose this one: [Citation] needed.

Also, there's no need for quotes: I took the name from a fictional character that I happen to like.

Oh, I don't consider your "Lord" title to be wrong in any moral sense [there are all kinds of legitmate human lords], just inaccurate and self-inflating. There's room for me to be wrong about this, but that's how I saw it.

It does cause me to reflect, though, on who is Lord of Lords.

webcam
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2012, 12:10 pm

Lord_Gareth wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

I'm not sure how to understand this statement. Does it mean that our aversion to religion in general will bring us wisdom? I still don't think I want to join religion in indoctrinating people... I'm still at odds with anyone ever living a perpetual lie and the simple existence of religion creates the possibility of a person living a perpetual lie. It also creates the mentality of death and seems to limit people in their response to immortality as a way of life... I just can't accept it... It's driven me out. Simply having kids of my own does not make me immortal, and for some, they don't even get to have kids of their own. I don't see how anyone can actually cash in on a religion's immortality check... They only bounce. Religion has bad credit to me... I'm not putting myself on loan to it.

Lord_Gareth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2012, 12:12 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Lord_Gareth wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

Oh, I don't consider your "Lord" title to be wrong in any moral sense [there are all kinds of legitmate human lords], just inaccurate and self-inflating. There's room for me to be wrong about this, but that's how I saw it.

It does cause me to reflect, though, on who is Lord of Lords.

You're wrong in the sense that this two-paragraph post of your represents more thought about my handle than I ever gave it; I was eleven when I first picked it for another forum because I'd just read a book where Lord Gareth was a character and I've been using it since.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2012, 12:40 pm

Ragtime wrote:
I'm getting a little tired of all the blasphemy. That's all I want to say right now. I don't think it proves or conveys anything except what is in the hearts of those who speak it.

Jesus: "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies..." (Matt 15:19)

I'm getting a little tired of all your blasphemy. Cthulhu is the one true God, and your promotion of your Lich King is highly offensive to me

btw I hope you one day figure out what free speech actually is