Page 2 of 8 [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Who do you think will win the presidential election in the USA?
President Obama 85%  85%  [ 33 ]
Mitt Romney 15%  15%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 39

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 6:18 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
I think people are ready for "change" again after the most recent "change" didn't change much........

So..., you're implying that you weren't very happy with the conservative establishment Obama was supposed to replace?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

If Obama solved the Economy problem in America he still wouldn't feel better.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 6:23 pm

bizboy1 wrote:
Ron Paul.

He won't be nominated and he will not win on a write-in.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 6:39 pm

Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
I think people are ready for "change" again after the most recent "change" didn't change much........

So..., you're implying that you weren't very happy with the conservative establishment Obama was supposed to replace?

Probably.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 6:44 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Probably.

In fact if Obama did solve the Economy problem he would give credit to some one but not Obama.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 8:18 pm

It appears that most of you guys are a lot more optimistic than I am.

As I perceive things: roughly 40 percent of the nation consists of committed Evango-Fascists. All that Romney has to do is spend the billion dollars (give or take a few hundred million) at his disposal to convince another 10 percent of the population to vote for him, and the country is his.

Realistically, the Solidly Stupid South and most of the Great Plains/Desert/Rocky Mountain states will be his by default. It is just a matter of spending enormous sums of money on advertising and robo-calling in a few swing states (Florida, Ohio, a couple of others) to get enough idiots to vote for him, and sic transit natio.

Then, school children throughout the land will taught to read from the Book of Mormon.

Curse you, Abraham Lincoln!! !! !

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 10:05 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:

As I perceive things: roughly 40 percent of the nation consists of committed Evango-Fascists. All that Romney has to do is spend the billion dollars (give or take a few hundred million) at his disposal to convince another 10 percent of the population to vote for him, and the country is his.

Realistically, the Solidly Stupid South and most of the Great Plains/Desert/Rocky Mountain states will be his by default. It is just a matter of spending enormous sums of money on advertising and robo-calling in a few swing states (Florida, Ohio, a couple of others) to get enough idiots to vote for him, and sic transit natio.

Then, school children throughout the land will taught to read from the Book of Mormon.

But how many Evangelin-fascists will stay home because they will refuse to vote for a Mormon? I'm not ready to discount evangelical bigotry just yet, that would help insure President Obama a second term.

-Bill,otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 10:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

But how many Evangelin-fascists will stay home because they will refuse to vote for a Mormon? I'm not ready to discount evangelical bigotry just yet, that would help insure President Obama a second term.

Obama won a lot of votes from methodists if I do recall my church was supporting Obama during his campign we still do.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 10:27 pm

Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

Obama won a lot of votes from methodists if I do recall my church was supporting Obama during his campign we still do.

Cool. 8)

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 10:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

Cool. 8)

Yeah it is ptetty bitchin 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 11:19 pm

Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

Cool. 8)

My own Lutheran Church Missouri Synod generally stays out of promoting political candidates or parties, as we would doubtlessly see out church split in two.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 11:30 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

Cool. 8)

My own Lutheran Church Missouri Synod generally stays out of promoting political candidates or parties, as we would doubtlessly see out church split in two.

My own Hopewell united methodist church supported Obama because we liked his humanitarian views and we didn't have our memmebers go to the booths to vote for him but many of my church memmebers support Obama.

How ever my Catholic family memmebers are very against him and do not view me as a christian because I am a Protestant/Methodist.

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 11:56 pm

Obama will win. There will be debates, and Obama is by far the better speaker and probably the better debater, issues-wise. Romney may have a chance only if he can stop reminding people how rich and well... "aristocratic" he is. As much as Obama will get blamed for the economy, the independents (unlike the Republican base) look to the rich rather than the poor when the question of "where'd all our money go" comes up. And Romney embodies the rich.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 11:57 pm

Obre is completely correct I agree with him on everything he posted.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 12:04 am

Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

Cool. 8)

My own Hopewell united methodist church supported Obama because we liked his humanitarian views and we didn't have our memmebers go to the booths to vote for him but many of my church memmebers support Obama.

How ever my Catholic family memmebers are very against him and do not view me as a christian because I am a Protestant/Methodist.

That's really sad that your Catholic relatives think you're not a Christian. Growing up, I had Seventh Day Adventist relatives who looked at us and our other Lutheran relatives with suspicion.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 12:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

Cool. 8)

That's really sad that your Catholic relatives think you're not a Christian. Growing up, I had Seventh Day Adventist relatives who looked at us and our other Lutheran relatives with suspicion.

When you come from a Irish family that is divided between Catholic and Proestant this sorta thing is gonna happen because the Proestants do not bow down to the authoirty of the Vatican and Pope we are not viewed as Christians.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 8:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

Certainly any self-respecting Conservative who is capable of formulating his own visceral response will detest Mitt Romney not only for his Mormonism, but also for being a member of the East Coast/Michigan intellectual elite whose Massachusetts Health Care Reform Act ("Romneycare") served as a model for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act ("Obamacare"), for being very soft on homosexuality, for being able to speak French, for not taking part in the fun in Vietnam, and for being erudite.

But, how many self-respecting Conservatives are actually capable of formulating their own visceral responses? They will overlook Mitt Romney's Mormonism, and his French-language skills, and do what Rupert Murdoch tells them to do.