Page 3 of 8 [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Who do you think will win the presidential election in the USA?
President Obama 85%  85%  [ 33 ]
Mitt Romney 15%  15%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 39

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 9:35 am

ArrantPariah wrote:

But, how many self-respecting Conservatives are actually capable of formulating their own visceral responses? They will overlook Mitt Romney's Mormonism, and his French-language skills, and do what Rupert Murdoch tells them to do.

Wait until November and you will find out.

ruveyn

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 9:55 am

ruveyn wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

But, how many self-respecting Conservatives are actually capable of formulating their own visceral responses? They will overlook Mitt Romney's Mormonism, and his French-language skills, and do what Rupert Murdoch tells them to do.

Wait until November and you will find out.

ruveyn

The suspense is difficult to bear.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 10:32 am

I'd like to share this video question during the next debate:

"My question is for Mitt Romney. Governor Romney, your Mormon religion teaches that black people are the decedents of the angels that wouldn't side with either Jesus or Lucifer. Do you believe 1/2 of Obama didn't side with Jesus or Lucifer?"

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

Oldout
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 10:32 am

Too early to tell it would just be a guess. I will make one prediction that I'm confident in -- the American people will lose.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 1:48 pm

Oldout wrote:
Too early to tell it would just be a guess. I will make one prediction that I'm confident in -- the American people will lose.

Absolutely. If we get Barak the Despicable or Mitt the Plastic Mormon we will be the worse off for it.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 3:22 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Oldout wrote:

Absolutely. If we get Barak the Despicable or Mitt the Plastic Mormon we will be the worse off for it.

ruveyn

Well, I should think you don't have much to look forward to for the next four years, as Obama and Romney are the only two candidates who have a snow balls chance.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 3:41 pm

Raptor wrote:
I think people are ready for "change" again after the most recent "change" didn't change much........

You mean change back to the Republican policies that George Bush used to start the economy into the tailspin that President Obama has had to deal with from the first day of his term? I would have preferred more change, but the Republican dominated congress kept him from doing more.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 3:56 pm

Rocky wrote:
Raptor wrote:
I think people are ready for "change" again after the most recent "change" didn't change much........

You mean change back to the Republican policies that George Bush used to start the economy into the tailspin that President Obama has had to deal with from the first day of his term? I would have preferred more change, but the Republican dominated congress kept him from doing more.

Absolutely correct.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 8:51 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
It appears that most of you guys are a lot more optimistic than I am.

As I perceive things: roughly 40 percent of the nation consists of committed Evango-Fascists. All that Romney has to do is spend the billion dollars (give or take a few hundred million) at his disposal to convince another 10 percent of the population to vote for him, and the country is his.

Realistically, the Solidly Stupid South and most of the Great Plains/Desert/Rocky Mountain states will be his by default. It is just a matter of spending enormous sums of money on advertising and robo-calling in a few swing states (Florida, Ohio, a couple of others) to get enough idiots to vote for him, and sic transit natio.

Then, school children throughout the land will taught to read from the Book of Mormon.

Curse you, Abraham Lincoln!! !! !

The problem is right-wingers are more likely "fall in line" and vote for the "lesser of two evils" while progressives become so depressed with the "options" available that they decide to stay home on election day. Thus 30% of the population who are right-wingers will keep pushing the country farther and farther to the right. When the repugs win with less than 30% eligible voters actually voting for them it's a fair sign that we don't have a functioning democracy.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Apr 2012, 9:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Absolutely correct.

Obama's economic policies aren't any different than Bush's.

There was no change.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 9:29 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Rocky wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Absolutely correct.

Obama's economic policies aren't any different than Bush's.

There was no change.

Because the Republican Congress and the Bluedog Conservadems didn't allow for that change to happen.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 10:02 pm

The "Liberal" Romney doesn't seem very different from President Obama, depending on what we get after jiggling the etchasketch.

If Romney talks too much about his plan to destroy Social Security, then he may be in danger of losing Florida.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 10:05 pm

I think that Obama will probably win. I wish that whoever the Green Party selects as their candidate will win, but of course that won't happen. They'd be lucky to even get a few percent of the vote.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 11:07 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
The "Liberal" Romney doesn't seem very different from President Obama, depending on what we get after jiggling the etchasketch.

If Romney talks too much about his plan to destroy Social Security, then he may be in danger of losing Florida.

I wouldn't be too concerned if the "old Romney" wins the election. But it's this new, "conservative" Romney who scares the crap out of me.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2012, 11:13 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

I wouldn't be too concerned if the "old Romney" wins the election. But it's this new, "conservative" Romney who scares the crap out of me.

The conservative Romney is the one I do not like I like the liberal Romeny the most.

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2012, 6:44 am

marshall wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
It appears that most of you guys are a lot more optimistic than I am.

As I perceive things: roughly 40 percent of the nation consists of committed Evango-Fascists. All that Romney has to do is spend the billion dollars (give or take a few hundred million) at his disposal to convince another 10 percent of the population to vote for him, and the country is his.

Realistically, the Solidly Stupid South and most of the Great Plains/Desert/Rocky Mountain states will be his by default. It is just a matter of spending enormous sums of money on advertising and robo-calling in a few swing states (Florida, Ohio, a couple of others) to get enough idiots to vote for him, and sic transit natio.

Then, school children throughout the land will taught to read from the Book of Mormon.

Curse you, Abraham Lincoln!! !! !

The problem is right-wingers are more likely "fall in line" and vote for the "lesser of two evils" while progressives become so depressed with the "options" available that they decide to stay home on election day. Thus 30% of the population who are right-wingers will keep pushing the country farther and farther to the right. When the repugs win with less than 30% eligible voters actually voting for them it's a fair sign that we don't have a functioning democracy.

You make a very good point. Many of the people who voted President Obama into office will not be voting this time. They were first time voters who wanted to be part of history to vote in the first president of African decent. "Change" resonated because a large majority was fed up with the Bush administration. That will not be a factor this time.