Page 8 of 12 [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 12:04 am

here is a definition of female-on-male rape from wikipedia:

Quote:
Women also can commit an act of rape with force or deception to make a man engage in a non-consensual penetrative sexual act.

penetration without consent is rape, and female-on-male rape is included in the new definition.

here is another article about the changes in definition:

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_News ... e_Victims/

more funding is expected to be allocated towards male victims because they will be acknowledged in statistics for the first time. i am failing to see that as a negative.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 12:28 am

One way feminism has helped me is that, in the inevitable, soon to begin and sensibly fashionable rise of the Vaginarchy, I have been selected as part of the 10% permitted male population

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 12:29 am

Vigilans wrote:
One way feminism has helped me is that, in the inevitable, soon to begin and sensibly fashionable rise of the Vaginarchy, I have been selected as part of the 10% permitted male population

we are thinking of lowering that number to 1%, but don't worry - you're still included.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 12:35 am

hyperlexian wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

we are thinking of lowering that number to 1%, but don't worry - you're still included.

1% does in fact seem to be a more generous and rational number- highest praises to our overlords in their wisdom

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 4:15 pm

Terlingua wrote:
Does the idea of sexual consent contracts make sense to anyone? Maybe a pre-written contract with a checklist and a signature spot for all parties at the bottom which states that they are not under the influence or otherwise opt to ignore the use of alcohol/drugs for the duration of sexual liaison? I saw a funny video once involving a couple and their lawyers, but humor aside, would not something like that be helpful for the protection of everyone? It is not going to prevent all sexual crime, but it could go a long way in establishing consent.

In the other thread, you complained about hostility towards yourself in other internet forums when you asked the same kinds of questions. Now, I seem to find it becoming more and more difficult to believe you actually sincere in wanting answer because you don't seem to be listening to the ones given. Either that or you just not understanding them.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 9:40 pm

sage_gerard wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
The kinds of families that break up like that are usually one's that shouldn't have been together in the first place.

When you have real choices, you usually make better one's.

Wow. Thanks. That made my parents' divorce much easier to process. :lol: My parents were nothing more but fake choices because they were doomed to fail! Never mind victims of circumstance, the only "real" choices are soulmates!

I guess I should not have tried to answer that in so few sentences.

It is, obviously, a lot more complicated than either of our posts indicated, and honestly I wasn't sure why you were making that point.

In my mind, I saw all those women who married because there was no other choice for women, who may never have cared much for their husbands, and those in awful marriages who stay because they can't afford to do anything else. The marriages where the kids know something is wrong ... and that affects the children negatively, too. For generations it was often accepted practice for men to cheat, and get their pleasures elsewhere, and often children only knew their fathers as distant authoritarian figures. It's not like the old nuclear family was always a beautiful thing.

I do know there are a whole bunch of factors running in the other direction, but digging into all that would take more time than I am willing to invest in this post.

I am sorry you have it difficult with your parents, but I'm not sure it would be any better if they were living in the same house.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 8:19 am

hyperlexian wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

So the survivors will get a harem of 100? Not a bad deal.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 1:38 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

So the survivors will get a harem of 100? Not a bad deal.

dammit how did i not see that coming? ;)

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 2:54 pm

that's odd. after Terlingua's extensive internet debates in search of a way that feminism benefits men.... we found him an example... and then he doesn't stick around to let us know which one of the feminist organisations he decided to join. :D

Terlingua wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
are you planning to join a feminist cause if it can be shown that it promotes men's rights or offers a benefit to men as well?

If I find one that strives toward equality for everyone, yes, absolutely.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 3:05 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
that's odd. after Terlingua's extensive internet debates in search of a way that feminism benefits men.... we found him an example... and then he doesn't stick around to let us know which one of the feminist organisations he decided to join. :D

Terlingua wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
are you planning to join a feminist cause if it can be shown that it promotes men's rights or offers a benefit to men as well?

I think the whole "I'll join a feminist organization!!" was just a bluff

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 3:13 pm

Vigilans wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Terlingua wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

I think the whole "I'll join a feminist organization!!" was just a bluff

bwahahahaha i know, that's why i got him to say it outright..... i knew we'd come up with an example for him, and that he would evaporate when it was time to put him to concede. it was just kind of fun to remind him.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 3:32 pm

Feminism benefits men in that it has educated young women who are capable of telling men what beasts they are and socially program them to change their nature.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 5:04 pm

TM wrote:
Feminism benefits men in that it has educated young women who are capable of telling men what beasts they are and socially program them to change their nature.

Teh pooor menz suffer so!

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 5:06 pm

TM wrote:
What do you think is male and female nature?

TM
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 5:11 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
TM wrote:
What do you think is male and female nature?

Would it matter if I told you? I'm sure you and LKL can land the same tirade without my statement as you would with it, regardless of the content.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 5:12 pm

TM: YGM. :)