Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 5:08 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I think the biggest headache with organized religion, even more I think than the tattered remnants of old hellfire and brimstone teachings, is the attitude of compartmentalization: ie. we give you a bunch of information, tell you that you can utter a few words accepting the Lord as savior, after which its useless information - there's nothing you can do with it aside from keep a list of things not to do. What's even there of a 'to do' list is even more dismally vacuous.

Its because of that so many people live with this word called faith all around them and no one even knows the first thing about it aside from that social wisdom tells people to play along and pretend they have it - even when they don't know what it is - lest they catch the wrath of the social hive mind.

I agree with the part about hellfire and brimstone preaching in church. But I have faith in God I am a devot methodist their is still much that needs to be changed. Religion should play no role in governement seperation from church and state is a good thing. I am also willing to only spread the gospel to only those curious about it forcing religion on people in my opinon is a form of oppression.