Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 4:23 am

Post your favorite angry atheist quotes!

I'm very disappointed with Internet atheists and wish more rational people would speak out. So I am doing this in part for fun, and in part because bullying should always be called out. It is simply the right thing to do. I am not going to defend a jerk just because he/she is an atheist. I have principles.

If you want to post religious bullies, I'm fine with that. Honestly, I see much more abused online being hurled from atheists though than the religious.

Gaslighting:
"It only feels that way to you because your mind is filled with indefensible nonsense. It makes you ultra sensetive to criticism and you always feel like you are being attacked. None of what you feel is happening is actually transpiring in reality, it's only in your head because your position becomes increasingly indefensible."

Verbal Abuse:
"You remind me of people that have no idea what they're talking about who cannot provide the "empirical evidence" of their Santa Claus for gullible, naive, adult idiots, but will continue to claim there is some."

Verbal Abuse:
"It's so cute that you believe and have faith, I remember when I was young and had so little knowledge of the world, I believed in so many silly things... then I grew up, which is what I suggest you do. And the facts."

Offensive to the mentally ill:
"And you can hear the voices, too! Don't forget to mention the voices!"

False Accusations to destroy reputation:
"Now I know you're just a Trolling Twat.
Surprise us with your spectacular list."

Stereotyping/hatred:
"It is a win-win situation when the religious get abused. We like it because these drooling theotards have had a free ride since jamboree and so have much s**t coming to them (frankly, they're lucky to get any attention at all). They like it because nothing moistens their crotch areas more than when they think they are being persecuted. Christers, especially the Merkin species, feel that they among all other religions take a lot of s**t from the secular world, and they like it. Must make them feel like Jesus or something. So we oblige them and it's a happy symbiotic relationship all around"

DC
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 5:36 am

If calling someone an idiot for holding idiotic beliefs counts as angry jerks being bullies, what exactly does masses of people issuing deaths counts as?

like here:

http://www.examiner.com/article/loving- ... s-wtc-case

or here:

http://jesusfetusfajitafishsticks.blogs ... cuted.html

or here:

http://www.religiondispatches.org/dispa ... h_threats/

or here:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... m-radical/

or here:

http://freethoughtblogs.com/dispatches/ ... -hegemony/

or here:

http://musicjustice.net/2012/05/lady-ga ... xtremists/

When not issuing deaths to everyone that disagrees with them, religious extremists just love going the extra mile and carrying out their threats by attacking and killing people.

Like here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8076253.stm

and lots here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence

Exactly how many atheist 9/11's have taken place, you know all those horrible events where atheists got together and committed acts of terrorism killing and maiming lots of people in the name of 'no god'?

Yup them atheists with their mocking ways, they are the real threat here, after all religious violence is just righteous indignation and sanctioned by god so it isn't a sin... :roll:

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 6:11 am

Your response is rather predictable.

I appreciate your angry religious responses though. I never said it doesn't go both ways.

However, every single example I stated was a clear-cut example of needless bullying. You simply ignored it and shut it out of your mind. I do not respect such a closed-minded view.

Yes, atheists do bully theists for no good reason sometimes.

I am really sick and tired of the excuse "we are doing it for your own good." A bully is a bully is a bully, and I am sick and tired of it. I don't care if this brings me enemies. I am still going to say it.

DC
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 6:18 am

heavenlyabyss wrote:

I appreciate your angry religious responses though. I never said it doesn't go both ways.

However, every single example I stated was a clear-cut example of needless bullying.

And how exactly is issuing death threats classed as 'not bullying' in your warped persecution complex?

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 6:25 am

DC wrote:
heavenlyabyss wrote:

However, every single example I stated was a clear-cut example of needless bullying.

And how exactly is issuing death threats classed as 'not bullying' in your warped persecution complex?

That now raises another interesting point, who's more likely to make death threats and/or actually commit violent actions to defend their ideology, religious people or atheists?

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 6:53 am

Nexus wrote:
DC wrote:
heavenlyabyss wrote:

That now raises another interesting point, who's more likely to make death threats and/or actually commit violent actions to defend their ideology, religious people or atheists?

With absolute certainty backed by thousands of years of precedent: religious people

Atheists will just make certain types of religious people butthurt by expressing their opinions

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 7:06 am

Vigilans wrote:
Nexus wrote:
DC wrote:
heavenlyabyss wrote:

With absolute certainty backed by thousands of years of precedent: religious people

Atheists will just make certain types of religious people butthurt by expressing their opinions

It's also that the motivations are not the same. A extremist religious person will feel as if they're acting out the will or wishes of a ultimate authority. They'll feel their actions as justified, will be rewarded and are not inherently evil, regardless of how immoral the action really is. An extreme Atheist wouldn't have the drive to defend the lack of ultimate authority of something in the same context.

This principle doesn't even need to apply just to god, any authority greater than oneself can invoke such behaviours. Look at the Milgram experiment as an example of how following authority can lead people to do things they'd never would because they would feel absolved from/justified in their actions. Same can apply to a doctrine or belief too if it's imagined to be held by such a higher authority.