marshall
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 4:28 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Incidentally, one good thing that came from the failure to recall Walker is that the Democrats have recovered the Wisconsin State legislature. Let him try his shenanigans - he can't get anything through without the state senate.
Admittedly, the recall effort was premature. The Dems should have waited till Walker's staffers started getting hauled into court on corruption charges. Once Walker's guilt was indirectly demonstrated, he would have been a much easier target. It ought to be remembered, many of those who voted for Walker this time around thought the recall should only be used if illicit behavior on the governor's part had been demonstrated, rather than just because of a dislike of the governor's policies. In such a case, Walker's playing loose with corruption along with his staff will be more easily proven.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

It wouldn't surprise me if something will be found even if the Democrats/Public Unions have to manufacture it (which it is highly likely it would be bogus evidence).

Wisconsin's economy is a lot better off than the rest of the country due to Walker's policies and they are no longer running a deficit.

The reason Unions and Democrats are so ticked off is Governor Walker demolished their money laundering scheme.

I can't speak on any money laundering scheme, because I don't know anything about such a thing. But I do know for a fact that since Walker's staffers have been charged, he's set up a defense fund for them at the governor's level - something no other governor has done.

Okay let me break it down for you.

Step 1: Unions collect dues from members (whom are forced to join in order to be allowed to be a teacher)
Step 2: Money goes to the Democrat Party campaign coffers.
Step 3: Democrats push through things to up salaries lavish retirement packages (that can't be paid for), etc.
Step 4: Teachers get pay checks
Step 5: Repeat step 1

The problem is that these Democrats were supposed to be representing the taxpayers not the teacher's unions where they have every incentive to keep upping the money, benefits, etc. for because they know it comes back to them in the form of campaign money.

It is like having someone that is supposed to work for the shareholders in a company being in the payroll of the Unions they are supposed to negotiate with, that company would soon go out of business.

There's an easy fix to number 2. It's called campaign finance reform. If not for that ridiculous supreme court ruling.

Anyways, you can't have it both ways. You can't whine about unions and then turn a blind eye to the corrupt practices of those people who fund your own favorite political party. Not unless you just come out and state that you are simply anti-worker.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 4:50 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Teachers and other public workers are part of the American public. And as far as those "lavish retirement packages" are concerned, what's possibly wrong with living comfortably with medical coverage in your old age? As a matter of fact, teachers in particular don't get nearly enough pay for what they do.
All this is is an attempt of the Republicans to divide Americans by making public sector workers to be the scape goat for the country's problems.

If you are not conservative fatcat "job creator" you do not have the right to live comfortably in your old age

Going by the Republicans, I guess not. :cry:

How about you look at all the benefits they were getting and compare it to the private sector...

Seriously they were whining about having to actually spending some of their own money to fund their 401ks, excuse me but most people in the Private sector have to do that, even people in management positions.

Maybe workers in the private sector should demand what public sector workers have. There, everyone will have equality and be happy!

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 5:30 pm

marshall wrote:
There's an easy fix to number 2. It's called campaign finance reform. If not for that ridiculous supreme court ruling.

:roll:

If you knew about the original campaign finance reform you'd realize that Unions were largely exempt from it.

marshall wrote:
Anyways, you can't have it both ways. You can't whine about unions and then turn a blind eye to the corrupt practices of those people who fund your own favorite political party. Not unless you just come out and state that you are simply anti-worker.

I haven't been talking about private sector unions though. There is a difference between private sector unions and public sector unions. Additionally, a private business (assuming the donations are approved by whomever owns the business) is forking over its own money for a campaign contribution and is voluntary on its part. Someone whom is forced into a public sector union due to state law has no control over how their dues are being spent and thus I would argue it is largely involuntary.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Maybe workers in the private sector should demand what public sector workers have. There, everyone will have equality and be happy!

At least until the business goes bankrupt cause it can't compete. My grandfather once lost his job because a Union pulled a stunt like that and the business he worked for went completely bankrupt and had to shut its doors. The Union fatcats were happy, but can't say the same for all the people that ended up unemployed.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 5:59 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
marshall wrote:

If you knew about the original campaign finance reform you'd realize that Unions were largely exempt from it.

marshall wrote:

I haven't been talking about private sector unions though. There is a difference between private sector unions and public sector unions. Additionally, a private business (assuming the donations are approved by whomever owns the business) is forking over its own money for a campaign contribution and is voluntary on its part. Someone whom is forced into a public sector union due to state law has no control over how their dues are being spent and thus I would argue it is largely involuntary.

Kraichgauer wrote:

At least until the business goes bankrupt cause it can't compete. My grandfather once lost his job because a Union pulled a stunt like that and the business he worked for went completely bankrupt and had to shut its doors. The Union fatcats were happy, but can't say the same for all the people that ended up unemployed.

Companies go under all the time, regardless if they are unionized or not. And as a matter of fact, those so called "Union fatcats" actually do care about their members - it's just a myth by anti-union activists that they only are interested in exploiting workers. Just the same, I'm sorry for your grandfather.
And incidentally, the idea that workers are resistant in droves to joining unions is, again, a myth. My Dad had been a union grievance man (shop steward), and most members of his fellow workers were supportive of their union.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 6:38 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
marshall wrote:

If that was the case I would not be supportive of it. I believe steps should be taken to reduce the power of special interest funding on all sides of the political isle. But I also know the moneyed forces of the far-right will never be willing to give up their power. Why, they even invited cheif justices Scalia and Thomas to their little secret gathering to help ensure that never happens. :x Politicians and supreme court justices should not be in the business of taking bribes or selling themselves to the highest bidder, period. We either fix this problem or democracy is officially dead.

Quote:
marshall wrote:

Then why does the legislation pushed through by Governor Walker restrict voluntary unions more harshly than involuntary unions? By law, teachers unions must be voluntary, yet many police and fire department unions have mandatory membership. It looks like Governor Walker simply decided teachers needed to be singled out because conservatives in general don't like public education or public educators.

By the way, a federal court recently struck down parts of Governor Walkers legislation as unconstitutional.

http://www.prwatch.org/news/2012/03/11404/federal-court-strikes-down-key-provisions-walkers-act-10-unconstitutional

So much for conservatives claiming they are the ones upholding the constitution. :roll: What a bunch of hypocritical lackeys you are.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 7:56 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Quote:
And as a matter of fact, those so called "Union fatcats" actually do care about their members

Sure, they care about the dues they pay to keep the fat cats fat.

And it's good to see Inuyasha back totally shredding the liberals.....
:D

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 8:09 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:
And as a matter of fact, those so called "Union fatcats" actually do care about their members

My Dad had been a union member for his whole working life, and never was he exploited by the union.
His employers - - now that's a different story.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 8:40 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:

Now you can be a cheerleader for an individual instead of just for the sake of it! Hurray!

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 8:47 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:

Now you can be a cheerleader for an individual instead of just for the sake of it! Hurray!

HA :lol:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 10:09 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:

I don't need a reason or an individual, sweetheart.
I am what I am.........

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 1:03 am

Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:

I am what I am.........

Sweetheart? Did Raptor just reveal some hidden feelings? :lol:

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 1:07 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:

I am what I am.........

Too cute!
Have fun with your new bromance, you two! :lol:

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 1:20 am

Joker wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:

Vigilans don't feel bad, you have your own cheerleader as shown above

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 9:04 am

Delphiki wrote:
Joker wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:

Cheerleaders annoy me

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 9:11 am

Kjas wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:

I am what I am.........

Too cute!
Have fun with your new bromance, you two! :lol:

*pinch*
:P

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 11:31 am

Vigilans wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
Joker wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:

Cheerleaders annoy me

You're obsessed with me...