Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
Joker wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:
And as a matter of fact, those so called "Union fatcats" actually do care about their members

Sure, they care about the dues they pay to keep the fat cats fat.

And it's good to see Inuyasha back totally shredding the liberals.....
:D

Now you can be a cheerleader for an individual instead of just for the sake of it! Hurray!

HA :lol:

Vigilans don't feel bad, you have your own cheerleader as shown above

Cheerleaders annoy me

You're obsessed with me...

You wish, broham. I was actually talking about Joker

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 12:41 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Delphiki wrote:
Joker wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Quote:
And as a matter of fact, those so called "Union fatcats" actually do care about their members

Sure, they care about the dues they pay to keep the fat cats fat.

And it's good to see Inuyasha back totally shredding the liberals.....
:D

Now you can be a cheerleader for an individual instead of just for the sake of it! Hurray!

HA :lol:

Vigilans don't feel bad, you have your own cheerleader as shown above

Cheerleaders annoy me

You're obsessed with me...

You wish, broham. I was actually talking about Joker

That's a relief.
Yoos two will make quite a pair......

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 1:26 pm

:lol: yeah, well. Your face is a pair :o :o :o

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 2:00 pm

Vigilans wrote:
:lol: yeah, well. Your face is a pair :o :o :o

So is yo momma....

Longshanks
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 6:07 pm

WorldsEdge wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
WorldsEdge wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i can't help but feel that this is a bad omen for obama.

First, the dude on your avatar is a distant cousin of mine. I'm descended from Baldwin IV's grandfather, Fulk V, King of Jerusalem and Count of Anjou.

That is amazing. How on earth were you able to track for family to such an extent.? I'm afraid in my case you run into a brick wall over the Irish Famine, or so I've been told.

Quote:
Second, concerning Obama - no, not everyone likes him - starting with military people.

I never said "everyone" likes him, I'm not sure why you're responding to something I didn't say.

Quote:
I have been on two presidential protection details and most of us who have had that duty agree that he has an ego problem that he really needs serious help on. The guy is a narcisist. I've met him. I know.

I'm afraid I'm not in a position to know, one way or the other. I do know there's been criticism of his extraordinary use of "czars" for positions that should require Congressional approval, but other than that he seems to get along reasonably well both within his party and with the opposition, even when they stand on opposite sides of an issue.

Quote:
And he has done much to harm veterans not only in the war effort but with benefit cuts as well - which is money being transfered to Obama care. But yes, as I was trained to be a tax professional, I follow the dollars. The guy is, in my view a posterior orafice. I also know a lot of people in Wisconsin (my home state) who voted for him and then wound up becoming unemployed because of his economic policies.

At what point precisely did Bush 43's policies stop having any impact on the economy, and the economy became solely Obama's responsibility? I say this because I remember quite distinctly Bush 43 blaming Clinton and/or 9/11 for what seemed like his entire first term.

The latest polling data I'm seeing shows Obama winning Wisconsin by five points...Down from eight a few weeks ago, but still a relatively easy win. Real Clear Politics (link).

Quote:
They will be voting for Romney this year. They want results. As will military people - and in this political climate it's a really bad idea to piss off the military for any reason. Romney is high with small businessmen who wind up employing most fo the general populace. Don't underestimate him. No, he's not Santorum, who is my preference, but anyone is better than Obama.

I live in Massachusetts. As governor he spent most of his time stumbling around like a deer caught in headlights. Mandatory health care became law (should I refer to it as Romney Care?) during his term, and it appears Romney circa 2002 completely contradicted Romney circa 2005, at least on issues like gay domestic partnership and abortion. I'll be happy to post the quotes if you like, but I'm sure you can find your way to Wikipedia as well as I can. Or would you like to defend Romney as being consistent from 2002 to 2005? That I'd like to see.

Quote:
Third, Buchanan needs to start thinking about what he says before he says it. The guy has been wrong on a number of issues

I noted Buchanan as my source for three specific states: California, New York and Illinois. If you have any evidence Romney has a prayer in ANY of those states, please post it. Or admit your ignorance on the topic. Which quite frankly seems to be the case, but since you seem incapable of dealing in specifics, perhaps I am in error. So, show me how Romney gets to within five points in any of those states, on any kind of reasonable data or logic, and I will withdraw my statement of your ignorance. And, of course, apologize.

I'm not normally one for ad hominem, but you've (a) paraphrased me saying something I did not say, (b) bloviated on (and on and on) about Wisconsin in a fact free discourse, and in fact contrary to polling data where Obama seems to have fairly strong lead and (c) failed to offer any objective evidence of any kind to rebut the specific claims above re; California, New York and Illinois. If your goal is to irritate me, congratulations, you're succeeding.

I will stop at this point, (a) because I do not wish to get into trouble with the moderators and (b) your stock in trade appears to be rant after rant, all having the same common denominator of either being free of facts or contrary to them....meaning there's really nothing to discuss with you, at least until you return from whatever neo-con cloud cuckoo land it is where you're presently dwelling to Earth and present a verifiable fact or maybe even two in support of all this hot air you're expelling.

1) The family geneology is a bit of a long story. I'll PM you later about that.

2) Obama violates his constitutional obligations on a daily basis and as a law student I can prove it - especially with his czars.

3)Concerning Romney - no he's not the greatest choice. But I'd rather have someone who learns from his mistakes and drives to the cliff in second gear rather than fourth gear.

4) California, Illinois, and New York are over the cliff and I believe they are starting to realize that Hopie Changie doesn't work after all. Scott Walker has been meeting with the republicans in all 3 states and they are learning to do things the Walker way: With pure accounting and numbers. Numbers don't lie. As a tax accountant, I know that. This is why California municipalities are voting to reduce public employee benefits. You watch. They're all learning, and Walker is a very good teacher. Certainly better than the union paid ones in the public schools.

5) I take polls with a grain of salt. The exit polls on the Walker recount showed Walker and Barrett to be anywhere from neck and neck to Barret overperforming. Walker still won.

I'll PM you about how to do your family tree. Just because we disagree politically doesn't mean that I can't show you a few tricks on a favorite hobby of mine. Dinner is served and I must go. Later.

Longshanks

Supporter of the Brian Terry Foundation @ www.honorbrianterry.com. Special Agent Brian Terry (1970-2010) was murdered as a direct result of Operation Fast & Furious - which Barry O won't discuss - wonder why?

Last edited by Longshanks on 11 Jun 2012, 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 10:36 pm

Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, and John McCain are just as ineligible to be president genealogy wise.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2012, 11:54 pm

Delphiki wrote:
Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, and John McCain are just as ineligible to be president genealogy wise.

thank god for small favors :hmph:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 1:26 am

As I recall, the use of Czars go back before Obama was president. But Republicans everywhere seem to have blocked this fact out. Goes to show you what watching Fox noise does to your brain.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 5:34 am

marshall wrote:
Then why does the legislation pushed through by Governor Walker restrict voluntary unions more harshly than involuntary unions? By law, teachers unions must be voluntary, yet many police and fire department unions have mandatory membership. It looks like Governor Walker simply decided teachers needed to be singled out because conservatives in general don't like public education or public educators.

Actually, it's just political calculation in this case; it's really difficult to go after police or firefighters for any reason without being accused of endangering public safety, even if what you're proposing demonstrably does no such thing. It wasn't about singling out teachers, it was about taking things one step at a time and tackling the the more popular and powerful police and firefighters later. I'm not sure that's any better from your perspective, but it's the more truthful answer.

Longshanks
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 9:31 am

auntblabby wrote:
Delphiki wrote:

You're both wrong. They are just as eligible as the current president. Unless, by your same criteria, you wish to disqualify Obama as well.

Longshanks

Supporter of the Brian Terry Foundation @ www.honorbrianterry.com. Special Agent Brian Terry (1970-2010) was murdered as a direct result of Operation Fast & Furious - which Barry O won't discuss - wonder why?

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 10:24 am

Dox47 wrote:
marshall wrote:
Then why does the legislation pushed through by Governor Walker restrict voluntary unions more harshly than involuntary unions? By law, teachers unions must be voluntary, yet many police and fire department unions have mandatory membership. It looks like Governor Walker simply decided teachers needed to be singled out because conservatives in general don't like public education or public educators.

Actually, it's just political calculation in this case; it's really difficult to go after police or firefighters for any reason without being accused of endangering public safety, even if what you're proposing demonstrably does no such thing. It wasn't about singling out teachers, it was about taking things one step at a time and tackling the the more popular and powerful police and firefighters later. I'm not sure that's any better from your perspective, but it's the more truthful answer.

As if that makes it any more fair. You can't deny that it has always been part of the conservative meme to bash public teachers. I can't blame people for distrusting Governor Walker's motives given the ugly divisive politics surrounding him.

I also do not see how voluntary public union dues spent on campaign finance are any more "corrupt" than corporate money spent on the same. It's clear to me that corporate and private money has a huge advantage over union money in the propaganda department. If I had things my way both would be prohibited and individual donations would be capped.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 11:13 am

Longshanks wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Delphiki wrote:

You're both wrong. They are just as eligible as the current president. Unless, by your same criteria, you wish to disqualify Obama as well.

Longshanks

Oops that is what I meant Longshanks

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2012, 4:00 pm

Dox47 wrote:
marshall wrote:

In fact, Romney just recently attacked the President for defending the practice of "hiring more policemen and firefighters." Mitt just crossed that line.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 5:12 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
In fact, Romney just recently attacked the President for defending the practice of "hiring more policemen and firefighters." Mitt just crossed that line.

Which is a point in his favor, if he sticks by it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 5:19 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Which is a point in his favor, if he sticks by it.

Not in my book.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 5:23 am

marshall wrote:
As if that makes it any more fair. You can't deny that it has always been part of the conservative meme to bash public teachers. I can't blame people for distrusting Governor Walker's motives given the ugly divisive politics surrounding him.

Who said anything about fair? I was just pointing out that your analysis of the motivation behind leaving firefighters and police unions out of the Walker bill was simplistic and untrue, nothing about fairness.

marshall wrote:
I also do not see how voluntary public union dues spent on campaign finance are any more "corrupt" than corporate money spent on the same. It's clear to me that corporate and private money has a huge advantage over union money in the propaganda department.

It's not about the dues, it's about the existence of public sector unions at all. It's one thing to organize and demand a bigger share of the profits being generated from your labor, better working conditions, etc, but quite another when the "employer" is the state and the money is coming from the taxpayers and not the people doing the negotiating. Even FDR was against public sector unions, I believe he may have even used some rather strong language to describe them, and if he of all people saw the issues they inevitably cause as outweighing any potential benefits...

To go on a slight tangent; people who accuse the Republicans of going after public sector unions for purely political reasons also have to look at the other side of the coin, Democrats turning a blind eye to their excesses in exchange for votes. Why can't we fire incompetent teachers or abusive cops? Why are cities going bankrupt paying for massive pensions put in place by paid off politicians who knew they could safely punt the issue by giving lavish back end deals to public employees in exchange for votes now? Ask a Democrat.

But I digress.

marshall wrote:
If I had things my way both would be prohibited and individual donations would be capped.

That's a whole other sticky wicket. Why should political speech be restricted in a way that would be impermissible for other types of speech? Who gets to determine what political speech is and how it's regulated?

Last edited by Dox47 on 12 Jun 2012, 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.