Page 3 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

WorldsEdge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jun 2012, 8:57 pm

Longshanks wrote:
WorldsEdge wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i can't help but feel that this is a bad omen for obama.

First, the dude on your avatar is a distant cousin of mine. I'm descended from Baldwin IV's grandfather, Fulk V, King of Jerusalem and Count of Anjou.

That is amazing. How on earth were you able to track for family to such an extent.? I'm afraid in my case you run into a brick wall over the Irish Famine, or so I've been told.

Quote:
Second, concerning Obama - no, not everyone likes him - starting with military people.

I never said "everyone" likes him, I'm not sure why you're responding to something I didn't say.

Quote:
I have been on two presidential protection details and most of us who have had that duty agree that he has an ego problem that he really needs serious help on. The guy is a narcisist. I've met him. I know.

I'm afraid I'm not in a position to know, one way or the other. I do know there's been criticism of his extraordinary use of "czars" for positions that should require Congressional approval, but other than that he seems to get along reasonably well both within his party and with the opposition, even when they stand on opposite sides of an issue.

Quote:
And he has done much to harm veterans not only in the war effort but with benefit cuts as well - which is money being transfered to Obama care. But yes, as I was trained to be a tax professional, I follow the dollars. The guy is, in my view a posterior orafice. I also know a lot of people in Wisconsin (my home state) who voted for him and then wound up becoming unemployed because of his economic policies.

At what point precisely did Bush 43's policies stop having any impact on the economy, and the economy became solely Obama's responsibility? I say this because I remember quite distinctly Bush 43 blaming Clinton and/or 9/11 for what seemed like his entire first term.

The latest polling data I'm seeing shows Obama winning Wisconsin by five points...Down from eight a few weeks ago, but still a relatively easy win. Real Clear Politics (link).

Quote:
They will be voting for Romney this year. They want results. As will military people - and in this political climate it's a really bad idea to piss off the military for any reason. Romney is high with small businessmen who wind up employing most fo the general populace. Don't underestimate him. No, he's not Santorum, who is my preference, but anyone is better than Obama.

I live in Massachusetts. As governor he spent most of his time stumbling around like a deer caught in headlights. Mandatory health care became law (should I refer to it as Romney Care?) during his term, and it appears Romney circa 2002 completely contradicted Romney circa 2005, at least on issues like gay domestic partnership and abortion. I'll be happy to post the quotes if you like, but I'm sure you can find your way to Wikipedia as well as I can. Or would you like to defend Romney as being consistent from 2002 to 2005? That I'd like to see.

Quote:
Third, Buchanan needs to start thinking about what he says before he says it. The guy has been wrong on a number of issues

I noted Buchanan as my source for three specific states: California, New York and Illinois. If you have any evidence Romney has a prayer in ANY of those states, please post it. Or admit your ignorance on the topic. Which quite frankly seems to be the case, but since you seem incapable of dealing in specifics, perhaps I am in error. So, show me how Romney gets to within five points in any of those states, on any kind of reasonable data or logic, and I will withdraw my statement of your ignorance. And, of course, apologize.

I'm not normally one for ad hominem, but you've (a) paraphrased me saying something I did not say, (b) bloviated on (and on and on) about Wisconsin in a fact free discourse, and in fact contrary to polling data where Obama seems to have fairly strong lead and (c) failed to offer any objective evidence of any kind to rebut the specific claims above re; California, New York and Illinois. If your goal is to irritate me, congratulations, you're succeeding.

I will stop at this point, (a) because I do not wish to get into trouble with the moderators and (b) your stock in trade appears to be rant after rant, all having the same common denominator of either being free of facts or contrary to them....meaning there's really nothing to discuss with you, at least until you return from whatever neo-con cloud cuckoo land it is where you're presently dwelling to Earth and present a verifiable fact or maybe even two in support of all this hot air you're expelling.

"The man who has fed the chicken every day throughout its life at last wrings its neck instead, showing that more refined views as to the uniformity of nature would have been useful to the chicken." ? Bertrand Russell

Last edited by WorldsEdge on 08 Jun 2012, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 8:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Despite the few teachers who have appeared on Fox to defend Walker, most educators are more than happy to join unions in order to have on the job representation, job protection, and benefits. And as a matter of fact, most teachers are overwhelmingly Democrats.
But to attack teachers unions on this point is like attacking big business for supporting Republicans, even if there are stock holders who are Democrats.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Here is how to cause mass panic attacks at a Teacher's Union meeting. Someone goes up to the microphone and says:

"Merit System".

The Teacher's Union exists mostly to give deadbeats tenure.

ruveyn

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 10:17 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Despite the few teachers who have appeared on Fox to defend Walker, most educators are more than happy to join unions in order to have on the job representation, job protection, and benefits. And as a matter of fact, most teachers are overwhelmingly Democrats.
But to attack teachers unions on this point is like attacking big business for supporting Republicans, even if there are stock holders who are Democrats.

Here is how to cause mass panic attacks at a Teacher's Union meeting. Someone goes up to the microphone and says:

"Merit System".

The Teacher's Union exists mostly to give deadbeats tenure.

ruveyn

I'm sure there is more attraction to teachers unions than that.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 2:55 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC_ult6-Tb4[/youtube]

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 3:28 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Okay let me break it down for you.

Step 1: Unions collect dues from members (whom are forced to join in order to be allowed to be a teacher)
Step 2: Money goes to the Democrat Party campaign coffers.
Step 3: Democrats push through things to up salaries lavish retirement packages (that can't be paid for), etc.
Step 4: Teachers get pay checks
Step 5: Repeat step 1

The problem is that these Democrats were supposed to be representing the taxpayers not the teacher's unions where they have every incentive to keep upping the money, benefits, etc. for because they know it comes back to them in the form of campaign money.

It is like having someone that is supposed to work for the shareholders in a company being in the payroll of the Unions they are supposed to negotiate with, that company would soon go out of business.

Teachers and other public workers are part of the American public. And as far as those "lavish retirement packages" are concerned, what's possibly wrong with living comfortably with medical coverage in your old age? As a matter of fact, teachers in particular don't get nearly enough pay for what they do.
All this is is an attempt of the Republicans to divide Americans by making public sector workers to be the scape goat for the country's problems.

Problem is that these teachers are forced to be in these unions in order to teach and have absolutely no say in what their "dues" are being spent on.

If individual teachers want to donate money to campaigns, I'm all for that. However I do not believe a public union should be allowed to give campaign contributions to the people that are supposed to be negotiating on the behalf of the taxpayer.

Furthermore, the negotiations should be about the current wages, not something 20 years down the road so the politican doesn't get hit with the results when he gives away too much.

Who says they don't want to support the Democrats? After all, most unions and the Democratic party have had a long history of mutual support, much the same way big business more often than not supports the Republicans.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 3:43 am

John_Browning wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC_ult6-Tb4[/youtube]

I hope you realize that Hitler had in fact broken Germany's organized labor at big business' behest after coming to power.
Plus, Paul Krugman would have been gassed by Hitler, as both a Jew and a leftist.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 11:00 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Teachers and other public workers are part of the American public. And as far as those "lavish retirement packages" are concerned, what's possibly wrong with living comfortably with medical coverage in your old age? As a matter of fact, teachers in particular don't get nearly enough pay for what they do.
All this is is an attempt of the Republicans to divide Americans by making public sector workers to be the scape goat for the country's problems.

If you are not conservative fatcat "job creator" you do not have the right to live comfortably in your old age

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 12:00 pm

Vigilans wrote:
If you are not conservative fatcat "job creator" you do not have the right to live comfortably in your old age

One of these days someone is actually going to take one of your comments like that seriously. :lol:

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 12:03 pm

Kjas wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

One of these days someone is actually going to take one of your comments like that seriously. :lol:

I try not to some times but at times I do take what he says seriously.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 12:06 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Going by the Republicans, I guess not. :cry:

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 12:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Republicans use to be okay but now their crazy.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 12:24 pm

Kjas wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Is retirement for old left winger union probable closet muslim communists in the Bible? Checkmate, looney left

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 12:32 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Kjas wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Is retirement for old left winger union probable closet muslim communists in the Bible? Checkmate, looney left

Communist muslim and bible do not go together lol

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 1:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

How about you look at all the benefits they were getting and compare it to the private sector...

Seriously they were whining about having to actually spending some of their own money to fund their 401ks, excuse me but most people in the Private sector have to do that, even people in management positions.

Longshanks
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 2:10 pm

marshall wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
marshall wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
Second, concerning Obama - no, not everyone likes him - starting with military people. I have been on two presidential protection details and most of us who have had that duty agree that he has an ego problem that he really needs serious help on. The guy is a narcisist. I've met him. I know. And he has done much to harm veterans not only in the war effort but with benefit cuts as well - which is money being transfered to Obama care. But yes, as I was trained to be a tax professional, I follow the dollars. The guy is, in my view a posterior orafice. I also know a lot of people in Wisconsin (my home state) who voted for him and then wound up becoming unemployed because of his economic policies. They will be voting for Romney this year. They want results. As will military people - and in this political climate it's a really bad idea to piss off the military for any reason. Romney is high with small businessmen who wind up employing most fo the general populace. Don't underestimate him. No, he's not Santorum, who is my preference, but anyone is better than Obama.

Is the bolded part some kind of threat? Talk about arrogance and posterior orafices, look at yourself. I hate to inform you but Republicans do not care about veterans. They do not care about you. They are paid clowns serving the interests of a cabal of billionaires.

One of the government agencies required to keep tabs on political donations is the IRS. As an IRS enrolled agent, I can tell you that more of your billionaires support the democrats than the republicans. And republicans do care for us veterans, of which you very obviously aren't one of. And there is no threat inplied or otherwise in my thread - however, military families are becoming more political after being continually screwed with by your democratic lackeys.

Longshanks

"obviously aren't one of" :roll: Seriously, get off your high horse. I don't believe anyone should be forced to languish on the street or be denied needed medical care due to unemployment, least of all veterans.

We are in the midst of a global economic crisis, the worst since the Great Depression. It was caused by myriad of problems going back 30 years and spanning multiple administrations. If you want to fall for simplistic partisan rhetoric and blame everything on democrats and liberals go right ahead, but in the end everyone loses if that's the path you want to follow. Governments all over the world are facing harsh government cutbacks as unemployment grows and tax revenues plummet. Meanwhile politicians manipulate people like you into fighting over who gets the meager crumbs, military servicemen vs. civilian public servants, teachers, police, and firefighters verses people employed in the private sector. Meanwhile the far right can keep pushing their agenda of tax cuts and deregulation so they can help their wealthy doners at the expense of everyone else. Everyone whines about the deficit and high taxes, but they still want government to pay for them. It's getting beyond absurd.

Also if you are going to claim that more billionaires support Democrats, then why is it that Republicans outspend Democrats? If I could have things my way neither party would spend nearly what they do on disgusting campaign propaganda ads. If voters are too lazy to inform themselves on actual policy positions of candidates from an unbiased source, they frankly have no business voting. As it stands both parties rely on expensive and dishonest campaign propaganda and are brazenly manipulated by money and lobbyists. I am liberal, but I do not trust either of the main two parties on their word.

If the IRS is biased, I'd love to see what you think is unbiased. And what you don't seem to understand - and obviusly you must be one of those lazy voters you mention above who doesn't inform themselves - is that the Constitution provides for the common defense, not social programs, which is commonly misconstued construed as to promoting the general welfare. In their legislative notes concerning the constitution, both Jefferson and Hamilton defined "general welfare" as the general advancement of the country as a whole through commerce, not welfare checks and Obamacare.

Longshanks

Supporter of the Brian Terry Foundation @ www.honorbrianterry.com. Special Agent Brian Terry (1970-2010) was murdered as a direct result of Operation Fast & Furious - which Barry O won't discuss - wonder why?

Longshanks
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2012, 2:19 pm

marshall wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
You mean like the unionistas that were caught in Wisconsin trying to pose as Wisconsin residents in an election when in fact they were from Chicago? Are those the ones you're refering to? C'mon, Kraichgauer. Get real - or change your brand of weed. Mistakes happen. But let's take a look at the guy you so ardently defend. Are you aware that Obama recently signed an order requiring that if he, the president, can order any military man like myself to arrest you and hold you in a prison indefinitely without a trial. How about that? Would you like to know how many other executive orders of this nature the president has signed? You preach about discrimination and disenfrachisement and yet you support that man who is doing the most of it. How is that logical? It makes no sense. This guy is pulling unconstitutional stuff all of the time right under your very nose - but because he's a democrat, you let him off with it. Could it not be that YOU, sir, are the one who is prejudiced and biased? Give me a break.

Longshanks

If you disagree with that stuff why are you supporting the Republican party? The NDAA was a bipartisan piece of legislature, with only a small handful of dissenters on either side of the political isle.

JUst because I support the Republicans doesn't mean that I have to support every piece of legislation - and the campaigner-in-chief could have vetoed it - true?

Longshanks

Supporter of the Brian Terry Foundation @ www.honorbrianterry.com. Special Agent Brian Terry (1970-2010) was murdered as a direct result of Operation Fast & Furious - which Barry O won't discuss - wonder why?