Page 2 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Longshanks
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 10:35 am

marshall wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
Sir, I say this with the utmost respect: Get real! And don't waste my time with your petty fits about discrimination. You continue to drink the very kool-aid that is so detrimental to your cognative health and it really is unbecoming. It's also very frustrating for those people I serve with - because it is people like you who are part of the problem, endangering our country by weakening it with such utter nonsensical falacy.

Have you not considered that you are the one drinking the damn kool-aid? Your ideology is pure poison.

No, yours is. But we're starting to do something about that.

Supporter of the Brian Terry Foundation @ www.honorbrianterry.com. Special Agent Brian Terry (1970-2010) was murdered as a direct result of Operation Fast & Furious - which Barry O won't discuss - wonder why?

Longshanks
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 11:05 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i can't help but feel that this is a bad omen for obama.

Isn't it though. This time that incompetent will not get a free ride into the Whitehouse.

The votes in 2008 were not FOR Obama but mostly AGAINST Bush and his buddies.

ruveyn

Let's not count our chickens until they're hatched. Ohblahblah is doing everything he can to destroy voter ID laws and get illegals to vote. This is going to be a tough one to get that turkey out of the White House.

Longshanks

Funny how almost all those so called "illegals" seem to include black Americans and other Americans of minority races, the elderly, and the poor in general.
You sure this isn't just a hard hearted means of disenfranchising voters who are more likely to vote Democrat?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Kraichgauer, you're so monotonous! It really requires no effort at all for me to obliterate your credibility. Okay. I'll be more than happy to do that again. Let's see: Even the liberal press - which you espouse - defines illegals as those persons living or crossing the border without the benefit of the appropriate legal steps necessary and required by the laws of the United States irrespective of religion, age, creed, color, pocketbook or ethnicity. This means that the above factors that you have mentioned are irrelevant in the eyes fo the law. Having been in law school, I know that - because the liberal law professors that teach there teach that. That means that what you have said supra is totally irrelvent in the eyes of the law - which, by the way, I don't make. Congress makes those. The US Constitution, for good reasons including national security - something I might add, that you have no conception of - forbids illegal aliens from having the right to vote. It is people like you, with the above attitude, who make it extremely problematic for servicemen like myself, to defend you from people who would rather kill you.

Now, you have spoken of disenfranchisement. Let us look at this in depth: Are you aware of how many cases there have been of illegal aliens committing crimes - just google it and you'll see for yourself, that is if you have the courage to allow yourself to remove your rose-collored glasses - that have flooded our various courts. I'm speaking of course of drunk-driver induced deaths, murders, drug-smuggling - and oh yes, let us not forget the ten terrorists that US troops intercepted at the border carrying brief case nukes right after 9/11 - that you are advocating for. Did it ever dawn on you that some of the people who have indeed suffered at the hands of these criminals were also democrats - who are now permanently disenfranchised because they are now dead?

Sir, I say this with the utmost respect: Get real! And don't waste my time with your petty fits about discrimination. You continue to drink the very kool-aid that is so detrimental to your cognative health and it really is unbecoming. It's also very frustrating for those people I serve with - because it is people like you who are part of the problem, endangering our country by weakening it with such utter nonsensical falacy.

Longahanks

As a matter of fact, I'm not talking about real illegals, but about honest for goodness American citizens who have seen their voting rights taken away on the pretext of voter fraud.
This would include a Brooklyn born WWII veteran who had moved to Florida - then was informed that he could not vote any longer because of the accusation that he was foreign born. He has a birth certificate showing that HE WAS BORN IN BROOKLYN! In fact, the Justice department has had to step in to stop the state of Florida from purging their voters roles so close to an election. And no, these people aren't illegal immigrants, but are innocent victims of a vindictive means of disenfranchising minority, young, handicapped, and elderly voters who might make Florida go blue.

You mean like the unionistas that were caught in Wisconsin trying to pose as Wisconsin residents in an election when in fact they were from Chicago? Are those the ones you're refering to? C'mon, Kraichgauer. Get real - or change your brand of weed. Mistakes happen. But let's take a look at the guy you so ardently defend. Are you aware that Obama recently signed an order requiring that if he, the president, can order any military man like myself to arrest you and hold you in a prison indefinitely without a trial. How about that? Would you like to know how many other executive orders of this nature the president has signed? You preach about discrimination and disenfrachisement and yet you support that man who is doing the most of it. How is that logical? It makes no sense. This guy is pulling unconstitutional stuff all of the time right under your very nose - but because he's a democrat, you let him off with it. Could it not be that YOU, sir, are the one who is prejudiced and biased? Give me a break.

Longshanks

Supporter of the Brian Terry Foundation @ www.honorbrianterry.com. Special Agent Brian Terry (1970-2010) was murdered as a direct result of Operation Fast & Furious - which Barry O won't discuss - wonder why?

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 11:22 am

Longshanks wrote:
marshall wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
Second, concerning Obama - no, not everyone likes him - starting with military people. I have been on two presidential protection details and most of us who have had that duty agree that he has an ego problem that he really needs serious help on. The guy is a narcisist. I've met him. I know. And he has done much to harm veterans not only in the war effort but with benefit cuts as well - which is money being transfered to Obama care. But yes, as I was trained to be a tax professional, I follow the dollars. The guy is, in my view a posterior orafice. I also know a lot of people in Wisconsin (my home state) who voted for him and then wound up becoming unemployed because of his economic policies. They will be voting for Romney this year. They want results. As will military people - and in this political climate it's a really bad idea to piss off the military for any reason. Romney is high with small businessmen who wind up employing most fo the general populace. Don't underestimate him. No, he's not Santorum, who is my preference, but anyone is better than Obama.

Is the bolded part some kind of threat? Talk about arrogance and posterior orafices, look at yourself. I hate to inform you but Republicans do not care about veterans. They do not care about you. They are paid clowns serving the interests of a cabal of billionaires.

One of the government agencies required to keep tabs on political donations is the IRS. As an IRS enrolled agent, I can tell you that more of your billionaires support the democrats than the republicans. And republicans do care for us veterans, of which you very obviously aren't one of. And there is no threat inplied or otherwise in my thread - however, military families are becoming more political after being continually screwed with by your democratic lackeys.

Longshanks

"obviously aren't one of" :roll: Seriously, get off your high horse. I don't believe anyone should be forced to languish on the street or be denied needed medical care due to unemployment, least of all veterans.

We are in the midst of a global economic crisis, the worst since the Great Depression. It was caused by myriad of problems going back 30 years and spanning multiple administrations. If you want to fall for simplistic partisan rhetoric and blame everything on democrats and liberals go right ahead, but in the end everyone loses if that's the path you want to follow. Governments all over the world are facing harsh government cutbacks as unemployment grows and tax revenues plummet. Meanwhile politicians manipulate people like you into fighting over who gets the meager crumbs, military servicemen vs. civilian public servants, teachers, police, and firefighters verses people employed in the private sector. Meanwhile the far right can keep pushing their agenda of tax cuts and deregulation so they can help their wealthy doners at the expense of everyone else. Everyone whines about the deficit and high taxes, but they still want government to pay for them. It's getting beyond absurd.

Also if you are going to claim that more billionaires support Democrats, then why is it that Republicans outspend Democrats? If I could have things my way neither party would spend nearly what they do on disgusting campaign propaganda ads. If voters are too lazy to inform themselves on actual policy positions of candidates from an unbiased source, they frankly have no business voting. As it stands both parties rely on expensive and dishonest campaign propaganda and are brazenly manipulated by money and lobbyists. I am liberal, but I do not trust either of the main two parties on their word.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 11:58 am

Longshanks wrote:
You mean like the unionistas that were caught in Wisconsin trying to pose as Wisconsin residents in an election when in fact they were from Chicago? Are those the ones you're refering to? C'mon, Kraichgauer. Get real - or change your brand of weed. Mistakes happen. But let's take a look at the guy you so ardently defend. Are you aware that Obama recently signed an order requiring that if he, the president, can order any military man like myself to arrest you and hold you in a prison indefinitely without a trial. How about that? Would you like to know how many other executive orders of this nature the president has signed? You preach about discrimination and disenfrachisement and yet you support that man who is doing the most of it. How is that logical? It makes no sense. This guy is pulling unconstitutional stuff all of the time right under your very nose - but because he's a democrat, you let him off with it. Could it not be that YOU, sir, are the one who is prejudiced and biased? Give me a break.

Longshanks

If you disagree with that stuff why are you supporting the Republican party? The NDAA was a bipartisan piece of legislature, with only a small handful of dissenters on either side of the political isle.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 5:25 pm

Longshanks wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Isn't it though. This time that incompetent will not get a free ride into the Whitehouse.

ruveyn

Let's not count our chickens until they're hatched. Ohblahblah is doing everything he can to destroy voter ID laws and get illegals to vote. This is going to be a tough one to get that turkey out of the White House.

Longshanks

Funny how almost all those so called "illegals" seem to include black Americans and other Americans of minority races, the elderly, and the poor in general.
You sure this isn't just a hard hearted means of disenfranchising voters who are more likely to vote Democrat?

Kraichgauer, you're so monotonous! It really requires no effort at all for me to obliterate your credibility. Okay. I'll be more than happy to do that again. Let's see: Even the liberal press - which you espouse - defines illegals as those persons living or crossing the border without the benefit of the appropriate legal steps necessary and required by the laws of the United States irrespective of religion, age, creed, color, pocketbook or ethnicity. This means that the above factors that you have mentioned are irrelevant in the eyes fo the law. Having been in law school, I know that - because the liberal law professors that teach there teach that. That means that what you have said supra is totally irrelvent in the eyes of the law - which, by the way, I don't make. Congress makes those. The US Constitution, for good reasons including national security - something I might add, that you have no conception of - forbids illegal aliens from having the right to vote. It is people like you, with the above attitude, who make it extremely problematic for servicemen like myself, to defend you from people who would rather kill you.

Now, you have spoken of disenfranchisement. Let us look at this in depth: Are you aware of how many cases there have been of illegal aliens committing crimes - just google it and you'll see for yourself, that is if you have the courage to allow yourself to remove your rose-collored glasses - that have flooded our various courts. I'm speaking of course of drunk-driver induced deaths, murders, drug-smuggling - and oh yes, let us not forget the ten terrorists that US troops intercepted at the border carrying brief case nukes right after 9/11 - that you are advocating for. Did it ever dawn on you that some of the people who have indeed suffered at the hands of these criminals were also democrats - who are now permanently disenfranchised because they are now dead?

Longahanks

As a matter of fact, I'm not talking about real illegals, but about honest for goodness American citizens who have seen their voting rights taken away on the pretext of voter fraud.
This would include a Brooklyn born WWII veteran who had moved to Florida - then was informed that he could not vote any longer because of the accusation that he was foreign born. He has a birth certificate showing that HE WAS BORN IN BROOKLYN! In fact, the Justice department has had to step in to stop the state of Florida from purging their voters roles so close to an election. And no, these people aren't illegal immigrants, but are innocent victims of a vindictive means of disenfranchising minority, young, handicapped, and elderly voters who might make Florida go blue.

Longshanks

No, I'm not referring to any group from Chicago. I'm referring to actual residents who have seen their voting rights stripped away.
And what does that law allegedly allowing Obama to detain anyone without trial have to do with current voter suppression? As it hasn't happened yet - and probably never will - it's a non-issue.
I have never smoked weed, or any illegal substance, thank you very much.
And as a matter of fact, it's the congressional Republicans who have been behind cuts for veteran's benefits and services.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 6:19 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

ruveyn

Longshanks

Here I come back after taking a vacation from this place to find a bigotted comment like that.

People have to show their IDs to buy alcohol or cigarettes, you have to show an idea to write a check. In my state for example you can get a State ID for free if you have the documentation to prove you are whom you say you are, that means birth certificate among other things.

This argument about this being an attempt to block minorities from voting, is a load of garbage. Unless you are including people that aren't United States Citizens in your "minorities" label whom shouldn't be voting anyways because they are a foreign national...

If someone is over a US citizen, 18 years or older, and haven't been convicted of a felony (some states allow people to vote again after they've served their time, some don't), we have no problem with them voting (provided they are not casting multiple ballots in the same election). The reason we have Voter ID laws has to do with protecting the integrity of the process, not to discriminate against minorities.

I'm glad we have a voter ID law in my state, because it curtails situations like what is seen in Chicago where you have people that have been deceased for 50 years somehow magically rising from their graves to vote in the elections.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 6:32 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

ruveyn

Longshanks

Here I come back after taking a vacation from this place to find a bigotted comment like that.

People have to show their IDs to buy alcohol or cigarettes, you have to show an idea to write a check. In my state for example you can get a State ID for free if you have the documentation to prove you are whom you say you are, that means birth certificate among other things.

This argument about this being an attempt to block minorities from voting, is a load of garbage. Unless you are including people that aren't United States Citizens in your "minorities" label whom shouldn't be voting anyways because they are a foreign national...

If someone is over a US citizen, 18 years or older, and haven't been convicted of a felony (some states allow people to vote again after they've served their time, some don't), we have no problem with them voting (provided they are not casting multiple ballots in the same election). The reason we have Voter ID laws has to do with protecting the integrity of the process, not to discriminate against minorities.

I'm glad we have a voter ID law in my state, because it curtails situations like what is seen in Chicago where you have people that have been deceased for 50 years somehow magically rising from their graves to vote in the elections.

And good to hear from you, too. :lol:
As a matter of fact, things like writing a check, or buying alcohol or cigarettes is a privilege, whereas voting is a right.
The undeniable fact is, these so called voter fraud laws are more often then not directed at minorities, the elderly, college students, or the handicapped. In other words - people more likely to vote Democrat. Many of these people do not have the financial means to purchase proper ID, or have the means of reaching government offices where such ID are sold. Incidentally, more and more of these offices, such as DMV's are being closed down, making it even more difficult. So in other words, this so called hunt for voter fraud is actually voter suppression.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 6:36 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

ruveyn

Longshanks

As a matter of fact, things like writing a check, or buying alcohol or cigarettes is a privilege, whereas voting is a right.
The undeniable fact is, these so called voter fraud laws are more often then not directed at minorities, the elderly, college students, or the handicapped. In other words - people more likely to vote Democrat. Many of these people do not have the financial means to purchase proper ID, or have the means of reaching government offices where such ID are sold. Incidentally, more and more of these offices, such as DMV's are being closed down, making it even more difficult. So in other words, this so called hunt for voter fraud is actually voter suppression.

While voting is a "right," that doesn't mean you are allowed to cast multiple ballotts using fictious names or other people's names. The right to vote is completely meaningless when the integrity of the process has been compromised. Voter ID laws exist to ensure that people are whom they say they are when they cast a ballot, nothing more.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 6:41 pm

Incidentally, one good thing that came from the failure to recall Walker is that the Democrats have recovered the Wisconsin State legislature. Let him try his shenanigans - he can't get anything through without the state senate.
Admittedly, the recall effort was premature. The Dems should have waited till Walker's staffers started getting hauled into court on corruption charges. Once Walker's guilt was indirectly demonstrated, he would have been a much easier target. It ought to be remembered, many of those who voted for Walker this time around thought the recall should only be used if illicit behavior on the governor's part had been demonstrated, rather than just because of a dislike of the governor's policies. In such a case, Walker's playing loose with corruption along with his staff will be more easily proven.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 6:45 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Longshanks wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

ruveyn

Longshanks

While voting is a "right," that doesn't mean you are allowed to cast multiple ballotts using fictious names or other people's names. The right to vote is completely meaningless when the integrity of the process has been compromised. Voter ID laws exist to ensure that people are whom they say they are when they cast a ballot, nothing more.

Voter fraud is in fact exaggerated by the right.
As a matter of fact, my own state of Washington issues voter ID cards free of charge to all voters. If voter disfranchisement wasn't the goal of the right in states where this is an issue, they would be doing the same thing.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 6:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Incidentally, one good thing that came from the failure to recall Walker is that the Democrats have recovered the Wisconsin State legislature. Let him try his shenanigans - he can't get anything through without the state senate.
Admittedly, the recall effort was premature. The Dems should have waited till Walker's staffers started getting hauled into court on corruption charges. Once Walker's guilt was indirectly demonstrated, he would have been a much easier target. It ought to be remembered, many of those who voted for Walker this time around thought the recall should only be used if illicit behavior on the governor's part had been demonstrated, rather than just because of a dislike of the governor's policies. In such a case, Walker's playing loose with corruption along with his staff will be more easily proven.

It wouldn't surprise me if something will be found even if the Democrats/Public Unions have to manufacture it (which it is highly likely it would be bogus evidence).

Wisconsin's economy is a lot better off than the rest of the country due to Walker's policies and they are no longer running a deficit.

The reason Unions and Democrats are so ticked off is Governor Walker demolished their money laundering scheme.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 6:56 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if something will be found even if the Democrats/Public Unions have to manufacture it (which it is highly likely it would be bogus evidence).

Wisconsin's economy is a lot better off than the rest of the country due to Walker's policies and they are no longer running a deficit.

The reason Unions and Democrats are so ticked off is Governor Walker demolished their money laundering scheme.

I can't speak on any money laundering scheme, because I don't know anything about such a thing. But I do know for a fact that since Walker's staffers have been charged, he's set up a defense fund for them at the governor's level - something no other governor has done.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 7:13 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I can't speak on any money laundering scheme, because I don't know anything about such a thing. But I do know for a fact that since Walker's staffers have been charged, he's set up a defense fund for them at the governor's level - something no other governor has done.

Okay let me break it down for you.

Step 1: Unions collect dues from members (whom are forced to join in order to be allowed to be a teacher)
Step 2: Money goes to the Democrat Party campaign coffers.
Step 3: Democrats push through things to up salaries lavish retirement packages (that can't be paid for), etc.
Step 4: Teachers get pay checks
Step 5: Repeat step 1

The problem is that these Democrats were supposed to be representing the taxpayers not the teacher's unions where they have every incentive to keep upping the money, benefits, etc. for because they know it comes back to them in the form of campaign money.

It is like having someone that is supposed to work for the shareholders in a company being in the payroll of the Unions they are supposed to negotiate with, that company would soon go out of business.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 7:31 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Step 1: Unions collect dues from members (whom are forced to join in order to be allowed to be a teacher)
Step 3: Democrats push through things to up salaries lavish retirement packages (that can't be paid for), etc.

The problem is that these Democrats were supposed to be representing the taxpayers not the teacher's unions where they have every incentive to keep upping the money, benefits, etc. for because they know it comes back to them in the form of campaign money.

It is like having someone that is supposed to work for the shareholders in a company being in the payroll of the Unions they are supposed to negotiate with, that company would soon go out of business.

Teachers and other public workers are part of the American public. And as far as those "lavish retirement packages" are concerned, what's possibly wrong with living comfortably with medical coverage in your old age? As a matter of fact, teachers in particular don't get nearly enough pay for what they do.
All this is is an attempt of the Republicans to divide Americans by making public sector workers to be the scape goat for the country's problems.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 7:44 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Teachers and other public workers are part of the American public. And as far as those "lavish retirement packages" are concerned, what's possibly wrong with living comfortably with medical coverage in your old age? As a matter of fact, teachers in particular don't get nearly enough pay for what they do.
All this is is an attempt of the Republicans to divide Americans by making public sector workers to be the scape goat for the country's problems.

Problem is that these teachers are forced to be in these unions in order to teach and have absolutely no say in what their "dues" are being spent on.

If individual teachers want to donate money to campaigns, I'm all for that. However I do not believe a public union should be allowed to give campaign contributions to the people that are supposed to be negotiating on the behalf of the taxpayer.

Furthermore, the negotiations should be about the current wages, not something 20 years down the road so the politican doesn't get hit with the results when he gives away too much.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 7:59 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Problem is that these teachers are forced to be in these unions in order to teach and have absolutely no say in what their "dues" are being spent on.

If individual teachers want to donate money to campaigns, I'm all for that. However I do not believe a public union should be allowed to give campaign contributions to the people that are supposed to be negotiating on the behalf of the taxpayer.

Furthermore, the negotiations should be about the current wages, not something 20 years down the road so the politican doesn't get hit with the results when he gives away too much.

Despite the few teachers who have appeared on Fox to defend Walker, most educators are more than happy to join unions in order to have on the job representation, job protection, and benefits. And as a matter of fact, most teachers are overwhelmingly Democrats.
But to attack teachers unions on this point is like attacking big business for supporting Republicans, even if there are stock holders who are Democrats.