Page 7 of 11 [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 7:12 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
New development!

President Obama is invoking "executive privileges" to protect his boy Eric Holder (and probably his own ass).
As an Illinois senator in '07 Obama criticized then President Bush for that using very same practice.
Guess it all just depends on what side of the bread your butter is on.......... :roll:

What, you are only realizing now that all politicians are frequently dishonest, cronyism dependent projections of the worst that humanity has to offer?

I'm realizing that this might be one of the torpedos striking the hull of the HMS Obama come November.
The tears of the left for the next 4-8 years will be the remaining tell-tail oil stain that marks the sinking......... :D

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 7:17 pm

Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
New development!

President Obama is invoking "executive privileges" to protect his boy Eric Holder (and probably his own ass).
As an Illinois senator in '07 Obama criticized then President Bush for that using very same practice.
Guess it all just depends on what side of the bread your butter is on.......... :roll:

What, you are only realizing now that all politicians are frequently dishonest, cronyism dependent projections of the worst that humanity has to offer?

I'm realizing that this might be one of the torpedos striking the hull of the HMS Obama come November.
The tears of the left for the next 4-8 years will be the remaining tell-tail oil stain that marks the sinking......... :D

:lol: you're just going to jinx it by being so anticipatory to something that is still up in the air. And even if you get Romney in office, things are not going to change for the better. I found it funny that Obama's slogan was "CHANGE", and a lot of people actually expected this; now the Republicans seem to be thinking the same thing, and I am going to laugh just as much when nothing changes. Your politicians are quite cemented in continuity of policies they criticize while in opposition but reap advantage of when in power. Not much different here either

JWC
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 7:24 pm

Raptor wrote:
New development!

The best part is the executive privilege only applies if Obama was involved. By invoking executive privilege he is admitting his involvement by default.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 7:39 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
New development!

:lol: you're just going to jinx it by being so anticipatory to something that is still up in the air. And even if you get Romney in office, things are not going to change for the better. I found it funny that Obama's slogan was "CHANGE", and a lot of people actually expected this; now the Republicans seem to be thinking the same thing, and I am going to laugh just as much when nothing changes. Your politicians are quite cemented in continuity of policies they criticize while in opposition but reap advantage of when in power. Not much different here either

I said might be, not will be. :roll:
Only an idiot takes a politician's campaign promises seriously. Having said and meant that, I put only a little more stock in Romney than I do in Obama.
Our situation hasn't improved in the past four years that I can tell. In this term Obama has at least had the incentive of a possible re-election and he hasn't done diddly to earn it. He'll have no re-election to worry about during a second term so it stands to reason that he'll do even worse......

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 7:40 pm

JWC wrote:
Raptor wrote:
New development!

The best part is the executive privilege only applies if Obama was involved. By invoking executive privilege he is admitting his involvement by default.

Exactly! It just keeps getting better..........

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 8:04 pm

Raptor wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Raptor wrote:
New development!

Do you look forward to Mitt getting into office?

some atheist to stick: "You're like me!"

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 8:08 pm

snapcap wrote:

Only to the extent it means that Lord Obama is out of office.

ruveyn

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 8:11 pm

ruveyn wrote:
snapcap wrote:

ruveyn

Don't you think you'll be saying the same thing about Mitt in 2016?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 8:12 pm

snapcap wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
snapcap wrote:

ruveyn

Yes.

All we get is a choice for the lesser of two evils.

ruveyn

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 8:14 pm

ruveyn wrote:
snapcap wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
snapcap wrote:

ruveyn

Yes.

All we get is a choice for the lesser of two evils.

ruveyn

Not my choice. Maybe for you! :thumright:

BTW, are you Raptor's other account?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 8:17 pm

snapcap wrote:

BTW, are you Raptor's other account?

No way. I am sui generis.

ruveyn

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 8:18 pm

snapcap wrote:

Quote:

Not as much as I look forward to Barack being gone from office.

Quote:

Only time will tell. I don’t put much faith in any politician but as a whole they are better than most dictators.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 8:23 pm

Don't you think choosing the lesser of two evils is partial how we got to this poor selection of Democrats and Republicans on the ticket? No one chooses who they like anymore, they choice the one that isn't as horrible as the other.

I think people have forgotten that they vote for the person that closely represents their interests and values. Does Mitt hold your interests and values?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 9:08 pm

Raptor wrote:
New development!

This is bad, insanely bad.

What it pretty much means is that this is that every attempt will be made to repaint reality as this being nothing more than a Republican hatchet job (then again watching Holder on the stand that seems like its all that's been happening to begin with). That's horrible for the Democratic party, horrible for both Obama and Holder (albeit possibly not as bad as going to jail if that's what these documents would make a case for) and it'll make the partisan food fighting in the media smash the thermometer.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 9:17 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Raptor wrote:
New development!

This is bad, insanely bad.

What it pretty much means is that this is that every attempt will be made to repaint reality as this being nothing more than a Republican hatchet job (then again watching Holder on the stand that seems like its all that's been happening to begin with). That's horrible for the Democratic party, horrible for both Obama and Holder (albeit possibly not as bad as going to jail if that's what these documents would make a case for) and it'll make the partisan food fighting in the media smash the thermometer.

Means there's probably darker things they are hiding. Bush is proud.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2012, 9:55 pm

snapcap wrote:
Don't you think choosing the lesser of two evils is partial how we got to this poor selection of Democrats and Republicans on the ticket? No one chooses who they like anymore, they choice the one that isn't as horrible as the other.

I think people have forgotten that they vote for the person that closely represents their interests and values. Does Mitt hold your interests and values?

We've covered this ground before and my position is the same as it was then. It'll still be the same the next time, too.......