Page 4 of 10 [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Are you Pro-israeli or Pro-palestinian
Pro-Israeli 53%  53%  [ 30 ]
Pro-Palestinian 47%  47%  [ 27 ]
Total votes : 57

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 10:59 pm

TheKing wrote:
You should have put a third option for neither. As far as im concerned the Middle East causes more problems than its worth. I say if they want a religious war with the West, we should show them Armageddon. As an atheist, i cant stand religious wars, so i advocate a Liberal use of our nukes and glass the Middle East and show them Armageddon like they want. Im a Classical Liberal which is the opposite of Modern Liberals and closer to Libertarian, so i register Libertarian. Just wanted to clear that up when i said Liberal, i didnt want my words to be misunderstood in any way.

Since your a atheists you should love religious wars sit back and watch us theists kill each other :wink:

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:05 pm

Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
You should have put a third option for neither. As far as im concerned the Middle East causes more problems than its worth. I say if they want a religious war with the West, we should show them Armageddon. As an atheist, i cant stand religious wars, so i advocate a Liberal use of our nukes and glass the Middle East and show them Armageddon like they want. Im a Classical Liberal which is the opposite of Modern Liberals and closer to Libertarian, so i register Libertarian. Just wanted to clear that up when i said Liberal, i didnt want my words to be misunderstood in any way.

Since your a atheists you should love religious wars sit back and watch us theists kill each other :wink:

I have no problem with theists killing each other by all means, just give me some popcorn, im just opposed to war, as a Transhumanist i hate when people kill each other for petty reasons.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:08 pm

TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:

I have no problem with theists killing each other by all means, just give me some popcorn, im just opposed to war, as a Transhumanist i hate when people kill each other for petty reasons.

Well as a Christian the problem with in my religoin is that we will use anything to justify a war. Or killing people we are zealous that is what makes us do those things.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:12 pm

AspieRogue wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:
Who do you side with and why?

NEITHER.

And I'm sick and tired of the America Media harping over every little last detail of what goes on there and seeing thread after thread after thread about it across the internet. It cannot be solved internationally because both sides REFUSE to cooperate. They are determined to have this conflict because it gives their lives and their faith meaning.

This, so much this. There are much bigger problems elsewhere. This is a minor regional conflict, that none of the participants seem very motivated to end. What could be more irrelevant?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:15 pm

edgewaters wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:

NEITHER.

And I'm sick and tired of the America Media harping over every little last detail of what goes on there and seeing thread after thread after thread about it across the internet. It cannot be solved internationally because both sides REFUSE to cooperate. They are determined to have this conflict because it gives their lives and their faith meaning.

This, so much this. There are much bigger problems elsewhere. This is a minor regional conflict, that none of the participants seem very motivated to end. What could be more irrelevant?

How is it a minor regional conflict when it is the longest on going war in History?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:17 pm

Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:

Well as a Christian the problem with in my religoin is that we will use anything to justify a war. Or killing people we are zealous that is what makes us do those things.

I don't know. I think Christianity in more recent centuries has begun to practice what it preaches. But that's because Western civilization, which most of Christianity is part of, has reached a higher level of cultural ethics, such as human rights, and freedom of religion, speech, and expression.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:19 pm

Joker wrote:
edgewaters wrote:
AspieRogue wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:

NEITHER.

How is it a minor regional conflict when it is the longest on going war in History?

:?:

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:19 pm

Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:

I have no problem with religion but im inclined to agree with you, you need to watch the documentary Jesus Camp, they have the whole thing on youtube. Its about a Jesus Camp where they breed Christians who are as willing to die for Jesus as muslims who are willing to die for Allah, its a youth camp, closed now thankfully, and its sickening to see all those innocent children crying because of the shame that they feel for sinning, and it just breaks my heart to see such torture of the human mind. The worst part is that Pastor Fisher is breeding these kids to be the Christian version of Al-Qaeda

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:28 pm

TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:

I have no problem with religion but im inclined to agree with you, you need to watch the documentary Jesus Camp, they have the whole thing on youtube. Its about a Jesus Camp where they breed Christians who are as willing to die for Jesus as muslims who are willing to die for Allah, its a youth camp, closed now thankfully, and its sickening to see all those innocent children crying because of the shame that they feel for sinning, and it just breaks my heart to see such torture of the human mind. The worst part is that Pastor Fisher is breeding these kids to be the Christian version of Al-Qaeda

Yes I have watched it and felt so sick to my stomach. Their is a such thing as taking things to far they crossed the line doing that to those children. Brain washing them it was just.....sick and twisted it made my friend who is also a christian cry....It was just so evil.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:35 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:

I don't know. I think Christianity in more recent centuries has begun to practice what it preaches. But that's because Western civilization, which most of Christianity is part of, has reached a higher level of cultural ethics, such as human rights, and freedom of religion, speech, and expression.

Anyone who has read the bible should know the ONLY group that seems to be practicing what the bible preaches is the Westboro Baptist Church. If Christianity truly followed the bible they would be in the same category as Al-Qaeda. Its them NOT following the bible that leads to how they are now.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:36 pm

Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:

Yes I have watched it and felt so sick to my stomach. Their is a such thing as taking things to far they crossed the line doing that to those children. Brain washing them it was just.....sick and twisted it made my friend who is also a christian cry....It was just so evil.

That video almost made me cry, my mom didnt see a problem with it at first but by the end she completely agreed with me on my opinion of that movie.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:43 pm

TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:

That video almost made me cry, my mom didnt see a problem with it at first but by the end she completely agreed with me on my opinion of that movie.

Things like this happen with in all religions it's the ugly truth.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:45 pm

TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:

Anyone who has read the bible should know the ONLY group that seems to be practicing what the bible preaches is the Westboro Baptist Church. If Christianity truly followed the bible they would be in the same category as Al-Qaeda. Its them NOT following the bible that leads to how they are now.

Al-Qaeda are not true muslims Muhammad would not approve of their views and would shun them.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:46 pm

Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:

Things like this happen with in all religions it's the ugly truth.

Unfortunately your right, which happens to be one of my biggest beefs with religion, i for one suffered extensive Religious Trauma Syndrome growing up, i was born and raised Catholic, though my grandma is more on he fundamentalist side, and i became atheist in high school.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:48 pm

TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:

That's why I'm not a fundamentalist. As most Christians today, I don't take everything in the Bible 100% literally.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2012, 11:54 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:
Joker wrote:
TheKing wrote:

That's why I'm not a fundamentalist. As most Christians today, I don't take everything in the Bible 100% literally.

My older sister and her husband are fundies, she was given up for adoption and her parents home schooled her on a boat because her adopted dad is a missionary and she is completely convinced the world is 4000 years old, if she wasnt a fundie she would be my favorite sister because she is a nerd like me, even though she was given up for adoption she is my only sibling that has any personality features like me. But she is 100% subservient to her husband because the bible says she should