Page 9 of 13 [ 200 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Which of These Candidate Should Win?
Poll ended at 06 Nov 2012, 5:10 pm
Barack Obama, Joe Biden (Democratic Party) 50%  50%  [ 56 ]
Jill Stein, Cheri Honkala (Green Party) 10%  10%  [ 11 ]
Gary Johnson, Jim Gray (Libertarian Party) 12%  12%  [ 13 ]
Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan (Republican Party) 19%  19%  [ 21 ]
Other Write-In Candidate: ________________ (Please Detail Below) 10%  10%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 112

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 2:11 am

auntblabby wrote:
Taverson wrote:
To be honest if I judged tens of millions of people based off a small sampling consisting of my parents, I'd probably hate conservatives too.

every rightie i've met, looked down on me for seeming to be "beneath them."

Funny, I'm poor and have never had that problem. I am uninsured so far as health care goes and can't afford to be either. I deliver pizza for a living and live in a neighborhood known for people with drug problems. The vehicle I drive has 370,000 miles on it and is over 14 years old. Yet, for all of the Republicans I have met (my parents are VERY active in the local party), none have talked down to me or treated me with disrespect. If they did, I would have made certain to destroy them and humiliate them in front of their peers, like I have so many people who have underestimated me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 8:58 am

The attached poll is scheduled to close on this coming Tuesday, so if you have not "cast your vote" by then, you'll have missed it forever.

... unless Alex's recent "tests" have somehow messed up the timer.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 1:00 pm

Noodlebug wrote:
Even though I describe myself as "fiscally conservative and socially liberal," why are the members of this site so in favor of Obama?

Unfortunately, people like that aren't really welcome in either party, but you might be a libertarian. :)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 9:23 pm

I noticed something odd with the public polls.

They say that Barack Obama / Joe Biden (Democratic Party) and Mitt Romney / Paul Ryan (Republican Party) are running practically neck-and-neck in this race.

If you consider only these two tickets in this poll, then they are running about 73% to 27% in favor of the Democrats.

If you consider all of the parties in this poll, then the breakdown is more complicated:

50.9% - Barack Obama, Joe Biden (Democratic Party)
8.9% - Jill Stein, Cheri Honkala (Green Party)
11.3% - Gary Johnson, Jim Gray (Libertarian Party)
18.9% - Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan (Republican Party)
10.3% - Other

Now, if you further break this down into "Obama" and "Not Obama" then you get the popular media's "neck-and-neck" percentage of (surprise!) 50.9% to 49.1% in favor of the Democratic candidates!

I think that the "Popular Media" is using this last method to hype interest in the election, when actually the Republican candidates stand only an overall 18.9% chance of winning once all of the viable parties are considered.

Therefore, I'm predicting that Barack Obama and Joe Biden of the Democratic Party will be re-elected to the White House in 2012.

Although I'm not fool enough to bet any money on this ... ;)

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 9:40 pm

^media just want to increase ratings by making it look like an interesting race.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 9:41 pm

^Then I'm not the only one that sees this.

Noodlebug
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Nov 2012, 10:52 pm

I've always had a feeling that Obama will win this.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

04 Nov 2012, 11:18 pm

Obama is favored but the polls are interesting with the seemingly tightening race in Ohio and Pennsylvania. If Romney wins either of those states, I imagine he'll win the election. Some polls have Michigan and Minnesota in play, I'm not sure I buy it but I guess we'll see Tuesday night.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 11:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
Therefore, I'm predicting that Barack Obama and Joe Biden of the Democratic Party will be re-elected to the White House in 2012. Although I'm not fool enough to bet any money on this ... ;)

i hope to heaven you're right, fellow WPer.

Noodlebug
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Nov 2012, 1:40 am

I'm really excited to watch this play out tomorrow.

TrainofLove
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Nov 2012, 7:21 am

I'm hoping Mitt Romney wins. Let's hope America has made the right choice and voted for him.

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 10:17 am

outofplace wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Taverson wrote:
To be honest if I judged tens of millions of people based off a small sampling consisting of my parents, I'd probably hate conservatives too.

every rightie i've met, looked down on me for seeming to be "beneath them."

Funny, I'm poor and have never had that problem. I am uninsured so far as health care goes and can't afford to be either. I deliver pizza for a living and live in a neighborhood known for people with drug problems. The vehicle I drive has 370,000 miles on it and is over 14 years old. Yet, for all of the Republicans I have met (my parents are VERY active in the local party), none have talked down to me or treated me with disrespect. If they did, I would have made certain to destroy them and humiliate them in front of their peers, like I have so many people who have underestimated me.

Its not so much your average conservative that's arrogant. I just have an issue with the leaders in the party, who I think really are arrogant war mongers who look down at the rest of humanity. The Republicans keep getting these rich mother f*****s (not just well to do, but RICH!! !) to run as president. Bush Jr. was from big oil and used the Iraq war as an excuse to heavily subsidize Halliburton, and Romney helped run a corporation that liquidated the assets of small American companies. Romney looks like they time transported him from a 1950's sitcom too and doesn't seem like he's in touch with the average American.

That's why I'm voting for Obama, because he doesn't use cutting PBS as a campaigning point and doesn't rely on pushing emotional charged buzz words as much as Romney does for his campaign strategy. I'm not a huge fan of Obama, but I will never vote for a Republican as long as I live because of the Bush administration. I didn't like the fact that they got us involved in a huge military operation over flat out lies (Saddam being linked to Al Qaeda and asserting the presence of WMD's), that he used it as an excuse to give public funds to his cronies, and that 3000 civilians died under his watch when his administration had warnings of an attack months in advance, and that he got into office when he lost the popular vote. Because of all this, the Republican party is forever tainted in my eyes now.

That said, I'd vote for Lincoln if I could.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX_1B0w7Hzc[/youtube]

Noodlebug
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Nov 2012, 2:17 pm

Gary Johnson currently has 4.5% of the national vote. He is doing way better than I expected. Not to mention I'm about to drop off my ballot with his box filled in.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 3:38 pm

Noodlebug wrote:
Gary Johnson currently has 4.5% of the national vote. He is doing way better than I expected. Not to mention I'm about to drop off my ballot with his box filled in.

That's less than half of what the interest expressed in the attached poll indicates.

We'll get a better idea of the outcome after 8:00 PM PST.

Noodlebug
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Nov 2012, 10:39 pm

It looks like Gary is only getting .8% of the popular vote now. :(

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2012, 11:06 pm

Noodlebug wrote:
It looks like Gary is only getting .8% of the popular vote now. :(

Maybe next time.

Right now, the presidential race breaks down as follows:

Obama (D)
Electoral Votes: 244/270
Popular Vote Percentage: 48
Total Votes: 35,213,143

Romney (R)
Electoral Votes: 178/270
Popular Vote Percentage: 50
Total Votes: 36,616,149

Other
Electoral Votes: 0/270
Popular Vote Percentage: 2