Page 2 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 8:32 pm

nominalist wrote:
JNathanK wrote:
There's those people who think the world owes them something. ...that the earths resources, human labor pool, the rivers, all the land, all the forests, all the oceans, and even the contents of mountains belong to them and that they have the right to use all of this however they want to advance their selves. I'm of course talking about the extremely rich.

Workers are owed the fruit of their labor. That "fruit" is stolen by capitalists.

Slavery is illegal...

Workers agree to work for a company and get paid. In fact I get my paycheck every other week.

Fact of the matter is, workers do get paid for the fruit of their labor, however you seem to think that capitalists aren't entitled to the fruits of their labor...

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 8:42 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Workers agree to work for a company and get paid. In fact I get my paycheck every other week.

I thought Fox News just paid you by the post with direct deposit

Inuyasha wrote:
Fact of the matter is, workers do get paid for the fruit of their labor, however you seem to think that capitalists aren't entitled to the fruits of their labor...

Fact of the matter is, its my fruit, I grew it, and some suit dummy capitalist is not taking fruit off my land. They are my god damn bananas and they can't have them

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 8:49 pm

If the workers are so upset about others gaining the fruits of their labour, then why don't these workers start up their own business and own the company to earn all the profit? This does not make sense to me.

Perhaps they like the security that a corporation provides? They are uncomfortable or unable to take out loans to cover start-up costs? They are unsure if they could run a business?

Last edited by deltafunction on 18 Sep 2012, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 8:52 pm

deltafunction wrote:
If the workers are so upset about others gaining the fruits of their labour, then why don't these workers start up their own business and own the company to earn all the profit?

Someone has to do those jobs, why not make it worth their while to be an employee

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 8:54 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Vigilans, maybe you should stop with the paranoid delusion already, cause I have never been an employee for Fox News.

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Fact of the matter is, its my fruit, I grew it, and some suit dummy capitalist is not taking fruit off my land. They are my god damn bananas and they can't have them

Who actually owned the land? I'm betting it was the capitalist that you agreed to work for. You made an agreement, you were getting paid for your labor, sorry Vigilans but what you are advocating is that they should pay you for doing nothing, which they shouldn't.

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 8:54 pm

So buy shares? (of the company they work for, I mean, so they can get a bigger slice of the profit, if the company makes any that is. comes with added cost of stocks falling and you lose your money if the company goes bankrupt, but that's a risk that the owners take)

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 8:56 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans, maybe you should stop with the paranoid delusion already, cause I have never been an employee for Fox News.

$1.50 was just added to your account you cheeky monkey, don't lie to me. I can tell when you lie. Its written on your forehead, little man.

Inuyasha wrote:
Who actually owned the land? I'm betting it was the capitalist that you agreed to work for. You made an agreement, you were getting paid for your labor, sorry Vigilans but what you are advocating is that they should pay you for doing nothing, which they shouldn't.

Its my land, my bananas, my fruits, keep your grimy paws off of them boyo

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 8:57 pm

<-- is clearly procrastinating on accounting homework

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 8:59 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I would have thought that a big company like Fox would have gone with direct deposit, too. Not many companies issue actual checks any more. That's a real surprise to me, too.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 9:00 pm

deltafunction wrote:
So buy shares? (of the company they work for, I mean, so they can get a bigger slice of the profit, if the company makes any that is. comes with added cost of stocks falling and you lose your money if the company goes bankrupt, but that's a risk that the owners take)

Having stock is always nice. Making employees stockholders could make them feel that the increasing value of their stock through company success is the literal fruit of their labor. I think companies do need to show more concern for stakeholders though, and not just stockholders. Stakeholders are those who make their living working for the company, probably have little or no stock, and they seem to get the short end of the deal in most cases

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 9:01 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I would have thought that a big company like Fox would have gone with direct deposit, too. Not many companies issue actual checks any more. That's a real surprise to me, too.

Yeah, cheques really suck. Direct deposit all the way!

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 9:03 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Do you get paid for two posts when you split your posts like that?

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 9:04 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Vigilans wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Do you get paid for two posts when you split your posts like that?

I hope so, I want to help Inuyasha pay his way through his higher education

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 9:07 pm

Vigilans wrote:

What! Real Americans ain't not need no smarty pants, elitist higher education ... unless they're the rich country club conservatives who lead the rank and file Tea Partisans.

deltafunction
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 9:08 pm

Vigilans wrote:
deltafunction wrote:

Having stock is always nice. Making employees stockholders could make them feel that the increasing value of their stock through company success is the literal fruit of their labor. I think companies do need to show more concern for stakeholders though, and not just stockholders. Stakeholders are those who make their living working for the company, probably have little or no stock, and they seem to get the short end of the deal in most cases

Yeah, agreed. Lower-level employees don't get much of the profit, unless they get some kind of bonus at the end of the year, or are unionized and have some added benefit. But the profit still goes to the owners, or is invested back into the company.

But if and when the business tanks, it's the owners who pay for it in the end when their shares are worthless. They are the ones taking that risk, while workers get paid no matter how terribly the business is doing.

Anyways, still gots lots of accounting to learn and will go study.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 9:21 pm

Master_Pedant wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

What! Real Americans ain't not need no smarty pants, elitist higher education ... unless they're the rich country club conservatives who lead the rank and file Tea Partisans.

They're the ones who make the greatest sacrifice of all, truly "taking one for the team"; they take the evil of intellectualism into themselves in order to combat it, knowing full well they will be relegated to at-best the Presbyterian heaven for their martyrdom