Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 Dec 2012, 1:09 am

Quote:
We should not wait for our elected officials, in President Obama's good words, "to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics." We should do our share. One way to proceed is to mark our homes, apartments and condos, with a "gun free" sign. Parents should notify their friends that they would be reluctant to send their child over for a play date unless the home was safe from guns. Residential communities should pass rules that ban bringing guns onto their premises, clearly marking them as gun free.

Anyone who puts up such signs will become an ambassador for gun control, because they are sure to be challenged by gun advocates to explain their anti-gun positions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amitai-et ... 22773.html

No, this is not a parody article. So how about it anti-un people, will you accept Etzioni's challenge to declare your home gun free? No way this could have any negative consequences. Are schools are drug and gun free, no drugs or guns there...

Huffington Post really should be ashamed, some of their dumb readers might actually do this.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 1:12 am

"Gun Free Home" == Burglary Bait

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 1:13 am

*shrug*

Whoever owns the property makes that call. They say no guns, not a whole lot you can do about it.

You will reap what you've sown.

NorthPark
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 1:18 am

Excuse my pun, but im gonna do a drive by on that page.

MBTI- ISTP

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 1:20 am

May as well post a sign out front that says:

GUN-FREE RESIDENCE!
LOCK-FREE RESIDENCE!
DOG-FREE RESIDENCE!
ALARMS DISABLED TOO!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 1:23 am

abacacus wrote:
*shrug*

Whoever owns the property makes that call. They say no guns, not a whole lot you can do about it.

Depends on the state. I know for a fact that in many states a landlord cannot restrict firearms as terms in a lease.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 2:19 am

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 11:08 am

Jacoby wrote:
abacacus wrote:
*shrug*

Depends on the state. I know for a fact that in many states a landlord cannot restrict firearms as terms in a lease.

Now that bugs me. It should always be the owners choice what they allow on their property.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 11:12 am

Jacoby wrote:
Quote:
We should not wait for our elected officials, in President Obama's good words, "to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics." We should do our share. One way to proceed is to mark our homes, apartments and condos, with a "gun free" sign. Parents should notify their friends that they would be reluctant to send their child over for a play date unless the home was safe from guns. Residential communities should pass rules that ban bringing guns onto their premises, clearly marking them as gun free.

Anyone who puts up such signs will become an ambassador for gun control, because they are sure to be challenged by gun advocates to explain their anti-gun positions.

No, this is not a parody article. So how about it anti-un people, will you accept Etzioni's challenge to declare your home gun free? No way this could have any negative consequences. Are schools are drug and gun free, no drugs or guns there...

Huffington Post really should be ashamed, some of their dumb readers might actually do this.

I want to live in my own walled town that is gun free with searches to make sure no one brings guns in. It will be agreed on by all who live there and guaranteed gun free and anyone who wants to live without guns is welcome. It will be our protected utopia.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 11:35 am

What happens if a wild or escaped domestic dog is murderously attacking someone or someone's pet?

What if someone needs to put down an animal mortally wounded by a car (nothing else is as quick as a bullet through the brain)?

These are things that happen, and they're not uncommon events.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 11:41 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Quote:

I want to live in my own walled town that is gun free with searches to make sure no one brings guns in. It will be agreed on by all who live there and guaranteed gun free and anyone who wants to live without guns is welcome. It will be our protected utopia.

The Warsaw ghetto was walled in with guards doing searches but the residents (prisoners) managed to smuggle in and USE some weapons.

The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 11:51 am

abacacus wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
abacacus wrote:
*shrug*

Now that bugs me. It should always be the owners choice what they allow on their property.

Just because someone owns the property doesn't mean they can run the lives our their tenants. A landlord can't discriminate against someone based on their race or sexuality for example. Obviously a line must be drawn somewhere, they can't ban you from drinking coffee or eating meat can they? It's murky water I agree but it has been determined that a landloard does not have absolute power over property that they have leased.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 12:00 pm

Jacoby wrote:
abacacus wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
abacacus wrote:
*shrug*

Just because someone owns the property doesn't mean they can run the lives our their tenants. A landlord can't discriminate against someone based on their race or sexuality for example. Obviously a line must be drawn somewhere, they can't ban you from drinking coffee or eating meat can they? It's murky water I agree but it has been determined that a landloard does not have absolute power over property that they have leased.

If someone wants to run a vegan apartment complex, I don't see the issue. If some white power jackoff wants to run a neo-nazi apartment complex, that's his call. His land, his decision. I really don't see why a landlord shouldn't have the authority to dictate what is and is not allowed on the property that they own.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 12:06 pm

abacacus wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
abacacus wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
abacacus wrote:
*shrug*

If someone wants to run a vegan apartment complex, I don't see the issue. If some white power jackoff wants to run a neo-nazi apartment complex, that's his call. His land, his decision. I really don't see why a landlord shouldn't have the authority to dictate what is and is not allowed on the property that they own.

I sympathize but in America it has been determined otherwise.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 1:53 pm

I don't know if advertising that you don't have a weapon on the premise is necessarily a good idea. That just marks you as a target to anyone that might threaten you.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 2:14 pm

Do you know the technical term for a gun free household?

Answer: Victims of armed robbery or even worse.

ruveyn