'12-year-old negligent and responsible for own rape'

Page 5 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 3:59 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
When I was finishing up my education core prior to practice teaching, my field experiences professor would state about every other week "DO NOT LAY HANDS ON A STUDENT." You would think this is common sense, but apparently enough teachers get in trouble over this they feel the need to regularly remind us to NOT LAY HANDS ON A STUDENT.

That actually sounds like something a super-NT could fall for a lot more quickly than we are. We on the spectrum tend to live in terror of the possibility of society making monsters of us in one way or another due to its proclivities and how it treats people who are 'different' whereas a super-NT could be completely off their game, unprepared, and have absolutely no clue that they're setting themselves up just because they've never considered ever being plunged into such contexts.

The real tragedy is in false accusations, though. Kids have enough power over us teachers as it is. I mean, does an NT really think he can get away with giving a student even MORE power over him by touching her (or worse)? I find that just mind-blowing. Kids these days are conditioned to have a Romeo+Juliet mindset when it comes to physical relationships. And maybe that's as it should be. The girl who thinks its funny to give a teacher a blow job and then just walk away like nothing happened and keep her mouth otherwise shut about it is extremely rare. Do I know this from experience? You bet. I NEVER met a girl like that!

And I just can't buy into the whole "never...being plunged" thing. If you don't want to get wet, stay away from the pool. If you want your dating and sexual options to include teenagers, don't be a teacher! 17-19 year olds are generally safe. 14-16 and you're pushing it, and you'll probably have to get around their parents. As long as you don't CALL it dating, it's not so bad, but it would be unwise just to use a girl for sex like that. Some teachers could technically get away with it if they date outside the district. But parents look down so heavily at that sort of thing they'd make a teacher's life a living hell if that ever got out, and that's doing something perfectly legal.

There are other situations like that, too. I remember we had a pre-school minister at our church who got engaged and married to our lead pastor's brother in very short order. Most of us didn't even know they were dating. In situations where so much secrecy has to be maintained, you wonder what the point of even going there is. I briefly dated a high school girl when I was in college and nobody gave me a hard time about it. It's a lot different when people judge you in a professional context. What makes even super-NTs think they can somehow get away with it, even once, is just beyond my ability to comprehend.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 5:52 pm

Well, what I meant with super-NT's was not snapping at the bait but rather being more hands on than they should or essentially giving circumstantial evidence that the kid could use. They could do things with no sexual intent that could be drive-by-media'd in a way.

On another note I did hear that some kids have made a game of making teacher's cry, recording it, and posting it to facebook or youtube. The fact that so many teachers feel more like parol officers in the klink and outnumbered without even a safety button makes you realize that a) we need real overhaul of public education b) the public teachers union needs their arses bruised big time.