Farage: Britain pays EU for smelly foot dance troupe

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 10:36 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw54_My1Z8E[/youtube]Transcript:

Quote:
Nigel Farage (UKIP, EFD): Mr Cameron heads to Brussels tomorrow, I think on 'mission impossible'. But it is a remarkable debate to think that the European Union is talking about taking another trillion euros from European taxpayers despite the fact that the accounts have not been signed off for 18 years in a row. If this was a company, the directors, or in this case the Commission, would all be in prison.

But never mind, Mr Cameron will go and he will argue for a freeze. Or what he means by a freeze - is the same over bloated budget with increases for inflation. That actually is the best, the very best that he can achieve in these negotiations. I have no doubt he will actually come home with the UK taxpayer having an even bigger bill. Well it won't work because the public opinion in Britain is now very clear. What our taxpayers are saying is 'Enough is enough.'

No longer do we wish to pay money to Hungarian companies involved in projects to "improve the lifestyle and living standards of dogs". And our patience has completely snapped at such cultural absurdities as the 400,000 euros given to the Flying Gorillas Dance Troupe who using their own language of "rhythm, music and gibberish" - well they'd fit in here well wouldn't they - give performances such as the "brilliant 'Smelly Foot Dance' with an acoustic score that includes spectacular belching." No, I'm not making it up.

And I think the British public are angry at the fleets of chauffeur driven cars, at the extravagant buildings and the never ending travelling circus that is the European Parliament.

We pay 53 million pounds a day to be a member of this organisation for no benefit whatsoever. Mr Cameron, when you come back from this Brussels summit why don't you accept my challenge, and let's have a proper and full debate in Britain on whether it's worth staying a member of this Union or not.

The last opinion polls over the weekend show that now, by a majority of two to one, the British people now want us to leave this Union and not pay you a penny piece.

Thank you.

Jacek Protasiewicz (Civic Platform, EPP): I just have some very simply questions: if you do believe that this House is useless, why have you run for the seat in this House and why are you coming here every month to Strasbourg to take part in our debates?

Nigel Farage (UKIP, EFD): All through parliamentary tradition are of MPs going into Houses but wishing to use that position to secede. We saw it with the Irish Nationalists in the 19th century - indeed, Sinn Féin run for UK Parliament, the Scottish National Party sit in the UK Parliament. We came here because we felt the British public were not being told what was happening in Europe and how much it was costing, and we've used our position here to try and get that information back to the British public. Given that now, by a majority of two to one that Brits want to leave this Union, I'd say we're doing a pretty good job.

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 10:57 am

:lol:

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 8:47 pm

His opponents aren't having a bad day or are not the best to articulate a contrasting position... they simply do not have the arguments on their side.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 7:06 am

OK, here's Guy Verhofstadt (the Belgian leader of the "Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe" grouping in the European Parliament)'s response to Nigel Farage:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M4hExU-tfg[/youtube]Transcript:

Quote:
Guy Verhofstadt (Open Vld; ALDE): Thank you very much for the publicity, Mr. President. But Mr. Farage has the whole morning talked about salaries and biggest waste of money. Well, you know, colleagues, what I think is the biggest waste of money in European Union of today? That's the salary we are paying to Mr. Farage! That is the biggest waste of money! Oh no, Mr. Farage! Let's be honest about it! You are member of the Fishery Committee for example AND YOU ARE NEVER THERE! NEVER! In 2011, NO ATTENDANCE! IN 2012, NO ATTENDANCE! It's fantastic what you are doing! You are coming here saying it's a scandal, the salaries that are be paid, and you pay yourself a salary without doing any labour in your own Committee! That's the reality of your opinion today. You want to pick? Ah, you can laugh. I hope that this maybe can be sent out to the BBC this evening once, and all the private television in Britain, how you in fact cheating your own citizens here. ALL THE TIME! Three years in a row and I think this has to finish because we know that Mr. (INDECIPHERABLE) is right. This Union, if it want to become a real Federal Union need own resources! Needs, in fact, its own income! And that is the big battle to do now! And we shall do it TOGETHER, and if necessary, without YOU Mr. Farage.

The cretins in the European Parliament and their EU-supported lackeys on Twitter applauded him, naturally.

Oberoth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 8:32 am

As usual; Attack the man, not his arguments. :roll:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 10:38 am

Why on God's green earth would anyone pay to watch a bunch of people with smelly feet dance?I would pay to NOT see it or smell it.Peeeyooo :eew:

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 4:06 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Why on God's green earth would anyone pay to watch a bunch of people with smelly feet dance?I would pay to NOT see it or smell it.Peeeyooo :eew:

I'm sure if you ask the EU about that, they will provide a lengthy initial response, produce a green paper, produce a white paper, launch an ambitious 3 year joint action, draft a directive, ignore opposition to the directive, implement the directive and end up not actually answering your question.