Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 10:03 pm

"Dozens of federal agents scoured the family property of YouTube celebrity Kyle ‘FPSRussia’ Myers while searching for illegal explosives and possibly weapons, but left empty-handed.

The noise made by popular YouTube channel FPSRussia – famous for destroying man-made mechanisms with the most advanced firearms – has finally been heard in federal quarters. On Wednesday, Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) agents accompanied by FBI agents launched an operation at two locations in Georgia, looking for illegal explosives allegedly used by FPSRussia to produce its YouTube clips."

Whole Story Here

Very very weak rationale for this raid but that's typical of them.
:roll: :roll:

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2013, 10:46 pm

I'm not sure what they were looking for here, I believe he mostly uses tannerite. He even has a video where he explains how it works and shows how he mixes the ingredients. It took them a long time to notice since he's been doing those videos since 2011 or something.

And I really love those videos. He is a Professional Russian after all.
"..and as always, have nice day". 8)

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2013, 7:32 pm

/\ Yeah, there were like 40 ATF agents that showed up for that in addition to local LE.
All that manpower tied up in one place based only on weak allegations.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 2:46 am

He was converting too many young impressionable gamers to pro-gun.

We can't have that now can we?

Next thing you know, they will be targeting Nutnfancy, although that will likely be funny.

I'm not sure if they want to touch Hickok45.

NorthPark
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 10:47 am

PM wrote:

Next thing you know, they will be targeting Nutnfancy, although that will likely be funny.

I though the terrific incendiary bullets would turn people anti gun.

I would watch nutnfancy, but for some reason his videos keep buffering, even in 240p

MBTI- ISTP

NorthPark
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 10:52 am

Raptor wrote:
/\ Yeah, there were like 40 ATF agents that showed up for that in addition to local LE.

Did they even have a warrant? And a good one?

MBTI- ISTP

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 3:11 pm

NorthPark wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Did they even have a warrant? And a good one?

Looks that way. I mean it's not like it'd be a hard case of probable cause. Post explosive videos online and all. Also, the ATF is allowed to inspect Class III SOT dealers like him basically whenever they wish. That's the price of getting such a license. Apparently the supposed purpose of the investigation was because the feds are insinuating that guy had something to do with the other FPSRussia guy who got murdered's death.

As far as if the feds killed him over pro-gun views, with the coincidental pro-gun icon deaths lately, or if he was killed as part of a giant conspiracy among arms dealers or something, who knows. Neither would be unsurprising to me. The federal government doing "hits" on people wouldn't surprise me, and neither would arms dealers not being benevolent freedom loving do-gooders.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 3:58 pm

NorthPark wrote:
PM wrote:

I would watch nutnfancy, but for some reason his videos keep buffering, even in 240p

Don't bother, his videos are usually at least 35 minutes long. His AR15 review alone is an hour long.

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 4:14 pm

Quote:
“he [Myers] was using explosives and getting paid for it via YouTube.”

*headdesk*

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f99PcP0aFNE[/youtube]

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 4:46 pm

Well that was a monumental waste of time and money.

You will reap what you've sown.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 7:39 pm

1000Knives wrote:
Looks that way. I mean it's not like it'd be a hard case of probable cause. Post explosive videos online and all. Also, the ATF is allowed to inspect Class III SOT dealers like him basically whenever they wish. That's the price of getting such a license. Apparently the supposed purpose of the investigation was because the feds are insinuating that guy had something to do with the other FPSRussia guy who got murdered's death.

What they did was a raid (i.e. show of force) in this case.
A simple compliance inspection would have been more appropriate if the question were about class III weapons.
What drove the raid was using explosives for commercial purposes without a licence to do so.
1. Tannerite is a very stable and legal to posses explosive.
2. It was commercial use only in the sense that FPS Russia gets paid by YouTube for the videos.

I think we can safely come to the conclusion that they ATF could find better things to do.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 8:17 pm

Raptor wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

What they did was a raid (i.e. show of force) in this case.
A simple compliance inspection would have been more appropriate if the question were about class III weapons.
What drove the raid was using explosives for commercial purposes without a licence to do so.
1. Tannerite is a very stable and legal to posses explosive.
2. It was commercial use only in the sense that FPS Russia gets paid by YouTube for the videos.

I think we can safely come to the conclusion that they ATF could find better things to do.

Show of force to intimidate gun related YouTube personalities and to suppress dissent.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2013, 8:26 pm

PM wrote:
NorthPark wrote:
PM wrote:

Don't bother, his videos are usually at least 35 minutes long. His AR15 review alone is an hour long.

Yep, he is rather long winded and that's putting it mildly.
I like his videos and strongly agree with his philosophies but I wish he'd abridge his speeches some.